Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
PadresFan
All Star Starter

The PadresFan OOTP9 Mod Thread

Hey everyone -
Please note that all of these mods are compatible with both the Windows and Mac versions of OOTP9!!! The instructions for each mod below include path information for people who want to know where the files are being installed. For simplicity, I only reference the Windows path. Mac users can simply replace My Documents\ with Documents\ below.

Instructions for downloading & installing mods from within OOTP9

Note: If you don't see "Padres Fan's OOTP Mods" in the list of available servers, click on Add Server, then enter this string into the dialog box: http://www.jazzrack.us/mods/ootpmods/ootp9.xml. Once you click Save, you should see my server.
  • From the Game menu, select Add-Ons Central
  • Click the Reload Add-Ons List button to show the current list of files available from my server (and others)
  • Click the Download button for the appropriate add-on
  • When the download is complete, click the Install button
  • See the information below for additional details, or check out the online manual page here.

PadresFan "Add Ons Central" Mod Menu as of 10/15/08

2008 MLB All-In-One Mod (~51 MB) Updated 07/13/08 - Even more MiLB Photos
Credits: Icy, Oxidizer, CubbyFan, CBLCardinals, tball275, bullpen, blaksox1919, jwisenberg, udbacker, Jonah Falcon, hewhoms, Matter23, Gambo, PadresFan
Description: This mod includes everything you need to add some color to the MLB 2008 Roster that ships with OOTP9! You get logos for all MLB and MiLB teams (complete with color codes), photos for most MLB players and many MiLB players, and uniform artwork for any fictional players that you need to create.
Instructions: This mod installs files into your OOTP9 "data" directory, not a directory specific to the league you were in when you installed the mod. This means that the files installed by this mod will not take effect until you create a new MLB 2008 league.
  • Logos installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\logos
  • Photos installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\photos
  • Ballcap Artwork installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\ballcaps
  • Jersey Artwork installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\jerseys

2008 MLB All-In-One Mod for Current League (~53 MB) Updated 07/13/08 - More MiLB Photos
Credits: Icy, Oxidizer, CubbyFan, CBLCardinals, tball275, bullpen, blaksox1919, jwisenberg, udbacker, Jonah Falcon, hewhoms, Matter23, Gambo, PadresFan
Description: This mod is the same as the one above, except that it installs the mod files into a different folder. Use this mod if you only want the mod files to apply to the current league that is loaded when you click the Install button. In other words, if you don't want this mod to affect any other leagues you current are running, or any future leagues you may create, use this version.
Instructions: This mod installs files into your OOTP9 "League" directory, a directory that is specific to the league you were in when you installed the mod. I only suggest this option for folks that aren't in a position to restart their league (using the mod above), as it requires some additional work to get the game to use the mods. When taking this route, these are the steps to follow to get the game to recognize the logos for each team:
  • Select Game Setup from the Game Menu
  • Select the Player and Picture Options tab
  • Click the Reset all Team Logos button
  • Logos installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\[LeagueName.lg]\news\html\images
  • Photos installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\[LeagueName.lg]\news\html\images
  • Ballcap Artwork installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\[LeagueName.lg]\ballcaps
  • Jersey Artwork installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\[LeagueName.lg]\jerseys

2008 MLB/MiLB Photo Pack (~31 MB) Updated 07/13/08 - Even more MiLB Photos
Credits: CubbyFan, CBLCardinals, tball275, bullpen, blaksox1919, jwisenberg, udbacker
Description: The most complete MLB 2008 Photo Pack available. Includes photos for most MLB players and many MiLB players. These are the same photos included in the 2008 MLB All-In-One Mod.
Instructions: Just Download and Install via Add-Ons Central! This mod installs the photos into the images folder for the current league you are in when you click the install button. This avoids any issues of "overwriting" photos you may have in your OOTP9 "User Data" Folder.
  • Photos installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\[LeagueName.lg]\news\html\images

2008 MLB/MiLB Logo Pack (~7 MB) Updated 07/13/08 - Added AZL Padres Logo
Credits: Icy, Oxydizer
Description: From the MLB down to Rookie Ball, a complete Logo Pack including correct color codes. These are the same logos included in the 2008 MLB All-In-One Mod.
Instructions: Just Download and Install via Add-Ons Central! This mod installs the photos into the images folder for the current league you are in when you click the install button. This avoids any issues of "overwriting" logos you may have in your OOTP9 "User Data" Folder. Note: After Installing the Logos, follow these steps to follow to get the game to recognize the logos for each team:
  • Select Game Setup from the Game Menu
  • Select the Player and Picture Options tab
  • Click the Reset all Team Logos button
  • Logos installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\[LeagueName.lg]\news\html\images

More FaceGen Backgrounds (~2 MB) Added 06/21/08
Credits: justafan
Description: This mod provides 45 more FaceGen background files to be used when creating fictional players
Instructions: Just Download and Install via Add-Ons Central! The files will be placed in the correct directory and will be used the next time you generate fictional players.
  • Images installed to: \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\facegen\background

Gambo & T_wil1 Complete Photo Pack (~83 MB) Added 07/18/08
Credits: Gambo, T_wil1, others
Description: This 83 MB photo pack, collected by Gambo and T_wil1, contains all player photos from 1871 to 2007 and installs them into your OOTP photos folder. So anytime you start a new historical league OOTP will automatically use the proper player photos.
Instructions: Just Download and Install via Add-Ons Central! If you already have any player photos in your \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\photos directory, they may be overwritten by any photos in this set with the same filename.

Razorblades Circular Logo Pack (~12 MB) Added 10/15/08
Credits: Razorblade
Description: A bunch of nifty circular logos for all current MLB and Minor League teams, as well as Far East and Mexican teams.
Instructions: Just Download and Install via Add-Ons Central! If you already have any logos in your \My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\logos directory, they may be overwritten by any logos in this set with the same filename.

Last edited by PadresFan; 10-15-2008 at 09:42 PM.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
Base Stealer
Minors (Double A)

I have a question...if i'll install the 2008 MLB All-In-One Mod (~35 MB) will this be available in all the historical replay i'll do??? I mean, when 1998 comes, will the Rays and D'backs get their logos and uniforms?? If yes i'll add the historical players photos.Thanks for the help.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Base Stealer View Post
I have a question...if i'll install the 2008 MLB All-In-One Mod (~35 MB) will this be available in all the historical replay i'll do??? I mean, when 1998 comes, will the Rays and D'backs get their logos and uniforms?? If yes i'll add the historical players photos.Thanks for the help.
Well, yes, if you install this mod, then any time you create a league who's team name matches the logo name, it will be used. But that means that the 1978 Phillies will be assigned their 2008 logo (for example), so that may not be to your liking...
Old 06-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Also please note that minor league photos are not there yet (my fault!) but we're hoping to have the majority to PadresFan tonight.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
clamel
All Star Starter

Do I get this correct....

The ballparks on your website have all the "dotting" before mentioned and shown with pictures (hard work) so that all balls have correct flight at all ballparks....

No fiddling at all, just DL and insert in proper folder...
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Just downloaded the All-In-One for Current League through the game and while it apparently downloaded, I have absolutely no idea where it installed itself too. It certainly didn't go to the My Documents/OOTP folders for either the main image folders or the league specific image folders. It isn't in the main OOTP folder under Program Files.

Aha! Found it. It downloaded to the addons > downloads folder and then never got extracted. Wonder why that happened.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
jimbo22
Minors (Single A)

Hello, I downloaded this through the Add-on Central option. All the player image's have worked fine. The Logo's arent showing up?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
jimbo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Read the opening post for the second download option.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
jimbo22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo22 View Post
Hello, I downloaded this through the Add-on Central option. All the player image's have worked fine. The Logo's arent showing up?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Its ok, got it now. Started a new game.
jimbo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Do I get this correct....

The ballparks on your website have all the "dotting" before mentioned and shown with pictures (hard work) so that all balls have correct flight at all ballparks....

No fiddling at all, just DL and insert in proper folder...
Yes, you got that correct.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric View Post
Just downloaded the All-In-One for Current League through the game and while it apparently downloaded, I have absolutely no idea where it installed itself too. It certainly didn't go to the My Documents/OOTP folders for either the main image folders or the league specific image folders. It isn't in the main OOTP folder under Program Files.

Aha! Found it. It downloaded to the addons > downloads folder and then never got extracted. Wonder why that happened.
Sounds like you never clicked INSTALL after the download was complete. That would be my guess...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #12
Capital
Minors (Double A)

Can't seem to find the link

PadresFan, thanks for putting all of this together. It's a gem for this game and community. However, I can't seem to find the link. As crazy as it sounds. I've been on your site and through this thread. Would you be able to help.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
PadresFan, thanks for putting all of this together. It's a gem for this game and community. However, I can't seem to find the link. As crazy as it sounds. I've been on your site and through this thread. Would you be able to help.
Thanks! Have you tried these easy instructions yet?

Note: If you don't see "Padres Fan's OOTP Mods" in the list of available servers, click on Add Server, then enter this string into the dialog box: http://www.jazzrack.us/mods/ootpmods/ootp9.xml. Once you click Save, you should see my server.

* From the Game menu, select Add-Ons Central
* Click the Reload Add-Ons List button to show the current list of files available from my server (and others)
* Click the Download button for the appropriate add-on
* When the download is complete, click the Install button
Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #14
CRTsports.com
Major Leagues

Just wanted to say thank you! I downloaded the package for my league thats in 2010 and all the pictures, etc worked perfectly. I even learned one of my players is a real player after four years of thinking he was fictional!!!!
-- 2005 64-98----2013
-- 2006 54-108
-- 2007 72-90
-- 2008 76-85
-- 2009 89-73
-- 2010 86-76
-- 2011 108-54 (1-3) Central Division Champs
CRTsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #15
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRTsports.com View Post
Just wanted to say thank you! I downloaded the package for my league thats in 2010 and all the pictures, etc worked perfectly. I even learned one of my players is a real player after four years of thinking he was fictional!!!!
Awesome, that's very cool! Thanks!!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This is great PadresFan!

Would the only thing left to download and install after this mod be the stadiums then?

Thanks again to all of you who helped on this WONDERFUL mod!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #17
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Correct, and you now have 2 choices of Ballpark Mods to choose from on my website that include the custom ball flight data for OOTP9! One set uses photos and the other uses custom artwork.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Correct, and you now have 2 choices of Ballpark Mods to choose from on my website that include the custom ball flight data for OOTP9! One set uses photos and the other uses custom artwork.
Thanks!

I installed the first all in one and I when I load up the MLB quick start, I still don't have any of the mods installed.

Even tried the New 2008 Major league game and still have no mods... must be doing something wrong... ??

Edit: Figured it out

Last edited by MizzouRah; 06-19-2008 at 12:20 AM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #19
Capital
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Thanks! Have you tried these easy instructions yet?

* From the Game menu, select Add-Ons Central
* Click the Reload Add-Ons List button to show the current list of files available from my server (and others)
* Click the Download button for the appropriate add-on
* When the download is complete, click the Install button
Thank you...I thought it was a standalone all-in-one as opposed to in-game. This is a nice little feature. Thanks again!
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #20
mkbdoe
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Place where the water tastes like wine....Tucson,AZ
Thanks a ton PadresFan...

Question: I am attempting to place the parks.dat file in the "saved games" folder, however when I try to reopen the league, it gives me an "unable to open ballpark database" and something along the lines of the file being corrupt. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks again

MQ

mkbdoe is offline   Reply With Quote