Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
jameslacy3509
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just Curious

I am new to PT. Was skeptical up until this year. I am curious to know how much $$ everyone spends for PP. When full release came I decided to spend $20 on a team and got 5 Gold packs (Wish I had done 25 standard now).

Ended up in Silver and sucked there. Decided to sell off several gold cards and open 12 or 13 Standard packs just for chances at a perfect or diamond. I have not gotten anything over an 88.

Now I want to spend more $$ just to open more packs and looking for Gambler Anonymous meetings to attend
jameslacy3509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Hawks 27
Minors (Single A)

It’s addictive to a degree for sure. You’re far from alone in that itch to spend more $ haha.

But take it from me - I spent WAY too much on PT in OOTP19 and it wasn’t fun. Short of the ultra rare cards, all the challenge was taken out of it.

Maybe set a budget of how much more you’re willing to spend and stick to it there. I prefer opening regular packs as well, and you can always get good players on the AH for fairly cheap.

Just enjoy it and work your way up! With patience, you’ll earn PP as seasons go on. Find one really rare card and you could sell it for the equivalent of about $150 in perfect points. That can get you a long way! What’s been fun for me is investing a little to get started and then working my way up from there.

Good luck, and don’t go crazy with spending!
Old 03-30-2019, 09:10 PM   #3
jameslacy3509
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That's exactly what I want. A perfect to sell. Only reason I want one.....at least the first one that is...
jameslacy3509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
Hawks 27
Minors (Single A)

Honestly, I think the best value cards are diamonds. Perfect cards are good, but the live “perfect” cards only net you around 25k PP. Cross your fingers and keep your eyes out for historical diamonds. I have a diamond SP Whit Wyatt and he way outperforms the 100 Chris Sale. You can usually cash these in for more if you auction them since they’re less common.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:36 PM   #5
DMan77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Like any card or pay-to-improve game, you have to sort of decide how far you want to go and what you're in this for...

There are going to be people spending thousands on this game and winning the championships and tournaments... It's going to be very hard to compete with them if you can't toss out that much. Chances are even with a couple perfects and a lucky 100 or two, you still won't be an outright "winner"...

I'll spend some money, but probably under $50 when all is said and done this year. I know I'm not winning anything! But I've decided the level of enjoyment I get from opening cards and maybe getting something cool is worth that much to me. It's fun to mess around with my roster and see what works with a new card. It's fun to gamble a little in hopes of pulling something great... Again, even knowing that one great isn't going to win me any trophies.

There's no right or wrong answer. Some people stick to free-to-play, others are like me and buy a handful here and there, others go for the glory and pour a lot into it... Those are all fine ways to play...

I think it's just important to have a goal and a realistic idea on what to expect.
DMan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #6
neugey
All Star Reserve

My birthday is coming up in Mid-April and I'm planning to spend my $50 then. But I will probably stretch it out and only open up like one pack a month and use the rest of the PP very gradually on the AH.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:22 AM   #7
quickstep76
Minors (Single A)

I haven't spent any money yet, but I made the playoffs in an iron .187 league(don't know if that's good or not at all)
quickstep76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:46 AM   #8
Pointer1VB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Don't get any fun out of buying victories... spending no money and trying to make it to perfect leagues is the most fun and satisfying way for me to play this game.
Pointer1VB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:53 AM   #9
Izz
Hall Of Famer

I didn't spend any money on PT1 & I don't plan on doing so in PT2 either. You can be competitive as an F2P player, imo.

Of course, I'm thankful for the P2P players otherwise there wouldn't be much happening in thd Auction House!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #10
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I've got a packs-only team that I hope will keep me engaged for a while: the team will only get new players through opening packs (2 mid-season and 5 at the end of the season). So I'm not using any PP earned except at those times and will either bank any excess or purchase any I need to keep on that schedule.

We finished about 10 games under .500 in our first Iron league season, and I opened my 5 off-season packs today. Got a 83OVR Simmons for a definite upgrade at SS and a 74OVR Frazier for a new face in LF. No new SP candidates and only a couple of bronze relievers. So it seems my pitching will be more of the same next year (which is to say moderately ugly)! At any rate, I have enjoyed tinkering with this team and making roster changes during the season - swapping out one guy who's not hitting and giving a different guy a chance. Since most of my inactives are bronzes, I'm often weighing between two imperfect players, and I've enjoyed the process.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:09 PM   #11
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslacy3509 View Post
I am new to PT. Was skeptical up until this year. I am curious to know how much $$ everyone spends for PP. When full release came I decided to spend $20 on a team and got 5 Gold packs (Wish I had done 25 standard now).

Ended up in Silver and sucked there. Decided to sell off several gold cards and open 12 or 13 Standard packs just for chances at a perfect or diamond. I have not gotten anything over an 88.

Now I want to spend more $$ just to open more packs and looking for Gambler Anonymous meetings to attend

It's quite fun. I don't know how often you go out for drinks and dinner but I look at dumping $20 to $50 as not a huge deal since my wife never wants to go out these days. We used to drop $100 for en evening every once in a while.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote