Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-03-2019, 02:11 AM   #1
LandiHero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ballpark Factors

I'm attempting to optimize my ballpark factors on all of my accounts, but I'm not quite sure how they work. I get that changing the home run factor basically brings the walls in or out based on how you change it, but for average I don't know what it actually changes. Does it impact how many balls will be hit, or how many balls will land? Is it increasing/decreasing BABIP, or something else I haven't thought of?

I mainly ask because I have a team completely based around defense. Almost all of the players are abysmal on offense, so to get any production I am thinking about increasing the park average/doubles/triples factors. However, I don't know how increasing the factors will affect the amount of hits the other team gets. If increasing the average factor increases the number of balls in play, then my defense should be able to stymie most of the improvement the opposition will get. On the other hand, if it increases the amount of balls that land, then the opposing team just gets the same advantage as my team does. Sorry if my explanation doesn't make sense, if a better way to articulate this comes to mind, I will put it below.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks for the help!
LandiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:37 AM   #2
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

The most simplified way to think about it is something like this:

Your league is set to produce X home runs. This keeps the game stats realistic, instead of video game numbers.

Your stadium HR settings determine roughly what share of those HR will happen in your stadium. If everyone had the same stadium - small, medium, or large - the HR would be evenly distributed. By lowering your HR, you will be lowering the HR hit in your stadium.

Now, which teams hit those HR is then a factor of batter POW and pitcher MOV. If you have a high POW and high MOV team, your opponents are likely to get a lower share of your stadium share of HR.

Same applies to AVG, doubles, and triples.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:44 AM   #3
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Here's a look at the totals for my 3 leagues this season. It shows you that the game is targeting some distribution of all the stats, with some +/- range of course instead of an exact number.
Attached Images
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:54 AM   #4
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandiHero View Post
I'm attempting to optimize my ballpark factors on all of my accounts, but I'm not quite sure how they work. I get that changing the home run factor basically brings the walls in or out based on how you change it, but for average I don't know what it actually changes. Does it impact how many balls will be hit, or how many balls will land? Is it increasing/decreasing BABIP, or something else I haven't thought of?

Yep. My factors:

BABIP home: .259
BABIP road: .303
KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #5
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Yep. My factors:

I guess I am dense, but how do you come up with those numbers? I have just left my factors on neutral since day one. Probably I should study this some more!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
LandiHero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Yep. My factors:

Thanks, that's exactly what I was trying to find. I think I'll try increasing the everything but homers to the max and see if my defense can stifle most of the effect from the opposing team. I'll put my results at the end of my season in this thread, and if I get a higher home BABIP than road, then we'll know for sure what the stat effects.
LandiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Your league is set to produce X home runs. This keeps the game stats realistic, instead of video game numbers.

Same applies to AVG, doubles, and triples.
Are these the only stats that are normalized per league or are others affected in the same manner?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:13 AM   #8
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep. My factors:

How did you determine your home and away BABIP?
Old 03-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
How did you determine your home and away BABIP?
I bumping this up to see if anyone can tell me how to determine your team home and away BABIP?
Old 03-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #10
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

League ---> Statistics ---> Team Statistics & Info ---> Team Batting Stats (Splits: Home or Road)

And use this formular: (H-HR)/(AB-SO-HR+SF)
KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #11
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Smile

Quote:
League ---> Statistics ---> Team Statistics & Info ---> Team Batting Stats (Splits: Home or Road)

And use this formular: (H-HR)/(AB-SO-HR+SF)
Thanks I got it!!

How about pitching BABIP? Or am I confused?