Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
tpaulikas
Bat Boy

Star players getting purchased by Minor League teams

while playing a regular season. I get a message saying that fans are disappointed to you let "Matt Harvey" go. Then when I look he has been purchased by a foreign Minor League team. How does that happen?? I lost 3 star/top players nobody would give up just taken away with out and notification or anything. Why is that happening and I can't get any of them BACK!!
tpaulikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
This happen to me before. A few questions is this fictional? What's the reputation of the minor league in question? Does that team have a parent team? What's the financials of that league in compison to your major league? Is competitive?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:27 AM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

There is a option to turn off the ability for other leagues to purchase players in your league.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:32 AM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
There is a option to turn off the ability for other leagues to purchase players in your league.
I think it's on the Financials page. Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Financials.

Also do a search for the three players that were stolen and commish mode them back to your team.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:35 AM   #5
tpaulikas
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
This happen to me before. A few questions is this fictional? What's the reputation of the minor league in question? Does that team have a parent team? What's the financials of that league in compison to your major league? Is competitive?
Noah Syndergaard was purchased of the NY Mets Roster by Sansti Spiritus Gallos (Cuban National Series).

THis also happened to Matt Harvey also....different team..
Old 03-30-2017, 12:36 AM   #6
tpaulikas
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I think it's on the Financials page. Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Financials.

Also do a search for the three players that were stolen and commish mode them back to your team.

didn't know I could do that thanks!!
Old 03-30-2017, 12:48 AM   #7
tpaulikas
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
How do I commish them back?
Old 03-30-2017, 01:16 AM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

just use comissioner mode and go into the player editor in their profile.

you could make it financially impossible for it to happen by making the other leagues a different financial scale... like 1/10th... and they likely cannot afford to buy the good players but maybe can buy the crap ones wasting away.. kinda like RL, too. isn't manny playing in china or something? lol
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #9
LunchBox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
isn't manny playing in china or something? lol
Japan actually... Shikoku Island League Plus, to be more specific... with a contract that calls for: 1. use of a Mercedes and driver; 2. Practices are optional for him; 3. He’ll get a hotel suite on the road; and 4. He will receive unlimited sushi for the entire season, in addition to whatever salary they are paying him.
LunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #10
tpaulikas
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
just use comissioner mode and go into the player editor in their profile.

you could make it financially impossible for it to happen by making the other leagues a different financial scale... like 1/10th... and they likely cannot afford to buy the good players but maybe can buy the crap ones wasting away.. kinda like RL, too. isn't manny playing in china or something? lol
Okay, I did it but it resent his salary. I had signed him to a 10 year contract....kind of messed up my whole game. Thanks for the information. I am totally new to this and there is still alot for me to learn but I love it.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:55 AM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaulikas View Post
Okay, I did it but it resent his salary. I had signed him to a 10 year contract....kind of messed up my whole game. Thanks for the information. I am totally new to this and there is still alot for me to learn but I love it.
okay, if there is a contract zero it out, make a free agent first, then move... for future reference.. if you think the contract situation caused it, which if i read that correctly, that sound like the case. maybe even select that current league - >free agent, then move to your ML league -> free agent... etc... mostly guessing, but if you do one thing at a time you can figure out what caused the problem and avoid it.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-31-2017 at 06:56 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote