Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
tony_cail
Bat Boy

Offered Contracts

Hi,

I started a game as an unemployed greenhorn GM and had been hired by the Basingstoke Bisons of the EPIHL in England.

I am about to start my third year and I have a trouble that I just can't find the answer to. When I go in my team finance, I can see the budget that the owner allows me for Free Agents and for extensions. Then, I have $45K stuck in "Offered Contract" that I can't use because it is already offered to a certain player. I don't remember to what player I offered that contract so I can't search it and remove my offer so the $45K transfer to my budget for FA.

Is there any way to find that player or to remove all offered contracts?

Any help would be appreciated.
tony_cail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #2
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_cail View Post
Hi,

I started a game as an unemployed greenhorn GM and had been hired by the Basingstoke Bisons of the EPIHL in England.

I am about to start my third year and I have a trouble that I just can't find the answer to. When I go in my team finance, I can see the budget that the owner allows me for Free Agents and for extensions. Then, I have $45K stuck in "Offered Contract" that I can't use because it is already offered to a certain player. I don't remember to what player I offered that contract so I can't search it and remove my offer so the $45K transfer to my budget for FA.

Is there any way to find that player or to remove all offered contracts?

Any help would be appreciated.
It could be you had a player already on a 2 year deal? OR A player might have an an option year and has activated it (If option years are in the game I can't remember because I'm at work and tired!)

There should be a page somewhere in financials or transactions that shows your salary obligations over the years.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #3
Richie Daggers Crime
Bat Boy

If you go to the team menu > free agent center, you can see your open offers. Problem is that during the offseason, you can right click and remove the offer, but if it's during the season, the option seems to disappear and that money goes into limbo, preventing you from using it.
Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
BostonStrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
If you go to the team menu > free agent center, you can see your open offers. Problem is that during the offseason, you can right click and remove the offer, but if it's during the season, the option seems to disappear and that money goes into limbo, preventing you from using it.
Wow that's good to know I never knew you could remove a contract offer once its in place thanks for the heads up
BostonStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
tony_cail
Bat Boy

Richie Daggers Crime

Thanks a lot! I didn't know that.
tony_cail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
Drakkar
Bat Boy

I have the same problem. I have 705,000$ that I can't use (which is quite a lot, for a small budget team in the Swiss National League A). It's 705,000$ reserved for something called "Offered Contracts", but I don't recall offering anyone this amount. Also, there are no open offers visible, in the Free Agent Centre page.

Could anyone help? I really need to sign someone good, but with 705k gone, I only have 400k left, which is not enough.

Thanks!!!
Drakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #7
Hils
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar View Post
I have the same problem. I have 705,000$ that I can't use (which is quite a lot, for a small budget team in the Swiss National League A). It's 705,000$ reserved for something called "Offered Contracts", but I don't recall offering anyone this amount. Also, there are no open offers visible, in the Free Agent Centre page.

Could anyone help? I really need to sign someone good, but with 705k gone, I only have 400k left, which is not enough.

Thanks!!!
I'm having this problem now too. I made offers which were submitted but then declined or they asked for more money which I wasn't prepared to give. Now I have nearly 300k stuck in 'offered contracts' for players I don't have. I've cleared the open offers but I'm now stuck as I don't have enough money to hire a full roster.

Help?
Hils is offline   Reply With Quote