Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Nomis97
Bat Boy

A few Ideas..

So far from what I see this game has potential to Be amazing.

Here's a couple of ideas that I think could take this game over the top:

1. If someone chooses to play in the "Historical" time period and they play before or around 1972, then the 1972 Summit Series should be part of the game. Allowing GM's to apply to be the Russian or the Canadian GM and pick the team themselves.

2. Lower league affiliation: The lower league affiliation such as ECHL teams, should be on contract basis for time periods. Then the NHL team can chose to extend the affiliation or look for a new minor league affiliate.
This way if the players coming out of that organization aren't being developed properly then you as the NHL GM have a say.
-- Also you could make deals with the teams.
i.e. We will send you a minimum of X players to a Maximum of Y players. This will cost the NHL franchise X amount of money etc.
---If teams have minor affiliate deals then perhaps they can sign more than 1 lower league affiliate.

3.The Ability to have an editor. If I wanna put my son, or my friends or even myself in the game as coaches, players etc etc then it would be great to have that option.

4. I haven't got to this part of the game yet, but I am assuming its not there. (as I just keep restarting the game to try out different aspects of it)
-- When a team wins the Stanley cup, I should be able to go back and click on previous winners and see a text version of the Roster that won the cup and the coach who coached the team etc.

5. I don't know if you can, but RANDOM injuries/illnesses in the game would be great.
1. Guy gets the flu - either can't play, or has limited skills for that time period.
2. Concussions that have long lasting effects -- or re-occuring effects -- TOP rookie gets a concussion and is done playing after only 1 game or something...
3. Injuries that require surgery. -- Guy is out for the season etc.
4. Any player can randomly get hurt, those with serious injuries have more chance to get hurt than those whom have never been hurt.
5.Younger players who get bad concussions early in their career can still play but their skills are worse, or maybe they are not as aggressive.

6. Returning from retirement. RANDOMLY a player can return from Retirement: i.e. Bryan Berard returned from his eye injury after he thought he had to retire.
-Not something that should be happening every time, however might be a neat feature.
-ALSO players "Retiring" to play in another league (i.e. Illya Kolvochuk & KHL)

7.MAKE YOUR FORTUNE BUY A JUNIOR TEAM? -- Ever thought to make it where you sign your contracts with a Team to be the GM in any league and as you go through your career you amass money.. then when you get enough money you can retire from where you are working and buy a Junior team or even a low level pro team.. (i.e. Dale Hunter & Brothers own the London Knights, Patrick Roy partly owns a team in the QMJHL)
Maybe that angle of the game could be that you make the team you own more profitable and save your money and eventually you can buy part or all of an NHL team?? (brain storm some ideas here please)

8.IF in commissioner mode, you should be able to re-locate franchises... if you wanna send the Coyotes to Quebec then you can... etc etc. LOTs of great options here.

Anyway I hope these ideas make sense and that people like some or all of them... let me know and I'll come up with somre more.

Thanks!
Nomis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

some nice ideas, and welcome to the forums!

Just to add a couple notes:

1. international play is not included at all in the first version, but is a high priority in for the second. It would be great to see it in Historical like you said as it meant so much back then to the game. It would add an entirely new layer to historical play, one I've never thought of before.

2. I wouldn't expect this for a long time, if ever, but I agree would be really cool to have. If ever an owner/president mode was to be added, this would be a must for it.

3. There is an ingame editor and you will be able to create, rename players.

4. I haven't seen it either, but I agree to be able to view each past seasons stats similar to ootp would be nice to be in for the first version. I hope FHM are able to do that.

7. You can't buy any teams, but as a GM you will be able to sign contracts for money. You don't do anything with that money but it is nice to see it increase. This feature is not activated as of yet but has been confirmed to be in the first version upon release.

8. relocation is possible. There is also expansion draft if you wish to expand the league. The latter is not disabled currently but will be available for the first version.

Last edited by dave1927p; 08-04-2013 at 10:55 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
Nomis97
Bat Boy

I understand that all ideas can't be added to the first version.. But I am hoping this Program will produce yearly versions..

1. I haven't seen it yet in this game, as I haven't played it past a few months in each different season (I focused on trying many of the leagues)
-But if you could check out a player or a personnel's profile and see how many cups they have won, and which teams.

i.e. Player X
CHAMPIONSHIPS WON
NHL TEAM A 2013
ECHL TEAM B 2010

etc etc.
-I am sure that player's who have won the cup in the current league that they are playing in could have a "Myth" rating,

i.e. they are a little more asked for during the trade deadline and teams are after the player a little more during Free Agency because of his "Winning ways"
-Perhaps a matrix of how many play off games the player has played.. the more play off games the more his experience level goes up.
1. For every 1st round play off game the guy plays he gets 0.5 pts of experience
2. for every 2nd round play off game the guy plays he gets 0.75 pts of experience
3. 3rd round = 1 pts
4. 4th round = 1.5 pts or 2pts.

-----------------
Adding another feature (not important) however would add an element to the game in the future...
-> there are aspects of being a pro athlete that they may or may not like doing. i.e. autograph signings, press conferences etc.
You should be able to fine players on the team for a variety of "Bad behaviour things" i.e. didn't show up. Spoke badly about the team, etc etc.

this could be an angle in the AI that could effect the chemistry of the roster and make a great team play like crap.

-----------------------

Indepth Contracts:
-I do like what I am seeing so far with the contracts, however making them MORE detailed would be cool in the future.
i.e. team rents a condo for the player -- team buys car for player etc.
-this of course raises the interest of the deal to certain players.

Interested in signing a new free agent??
-When seeking out, it would be cool if a player says.. "I'd be interested in signing with you if you could bring in the following player .... "

(Side note) a friend of mine grew up with the Staal brothers, and basically the only reason Jarrad Staal is in the Hurricanes organization and is not playing semi-pro, is that Eric & Jordan took a bit of a pay cut (yes a small one) if the team signed the youngest Staal.
==========================
-----------------------
Old 08-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis97 View Post
1. If someone chooses to play in the "Historical" time period and they play before or around 1972, then the 1972 Summit Series should be part of the game. Allowing GM's to apply to be the Russian or the Canadian GM and pick the team themselves.
I too am looking forward to the addition of International play (especially in historical mode!)

Quote:
5. I don't know if you can, but RANDOM injuries/illnesses in the game would be great.
1. Guy gets the flu - either can't play, or has limited skills for that time period.
2. Concussions that have long lasting effects -- or re-occuring effects -- TOP rookie gets a concussion and is done playing after only 1 game or something...
3. Injuries that require surgery. -- Guy is out for the season etc.
4. Any player can randomly get hurt, those with serious injuries have more chance to get hurt than those whom have never been hurt.
5.Younger players who get bad concussions early in their career can still play but their skills are worse, or maybe they are not as aggressive.
I don't think everything's fully functioning yet, but I'm pretty sure this is all included already
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #5
Tompa8989
Minors (Single A)

Imo the option to sign different minor league affiliation is a must. Especially when the expension option is ready cause then you almost have to expand AHL too.
Tompa8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
jameslacy8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

#5 hehehe Difficult to imagine an OOTP developed game WITHOUT random injuries that take out some of your players (even key ones) with minor to season-ending injuries!!!!

I am on the cusp of thinking too much of that happens already. Not a hit against OOTP or anything...Just frustrating when you lose a key player like I have many times in Out of the Park.
jameslacy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #7
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
I understand that all ideas can't be added to the first version.. But I am hoping this Program will produce yearly versions..

1. I haven't seen it yet in this game, as I haven't played it past a few months in each different season (I focused on trying many of the leagues)
-But if you could check out a player or a personnel's profile and see how many cups they have won, and which teams.

i.e. Player X
CHAMPIONSHIPS WON
NHL TEAM A 2013
ECHL TEAM B 2010

-
good idea
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I would like too see the game screen switch to the scores/schedule screen after the completion of each game rather than go to the manager's screen.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Nomis97
Bat Boy

Also I'd like to have control of offering your own retiring player's front office jobs.

i.e. Kris Draper, Tomas Holmstrom, Kirk Maltby

All 3 could still play the game (although limited) they were basically "bought out" by the Red wings and given guaranteed jobs by the Wings.

So if you have a late 30 year old early 40 year old on your roster and they are now limited to say 3rd or 4th line minutes, and you have some young players you want to bring up. You should have the option to offer them a front office job and let them retire.

That way you won't have to release or trade them. Mind you, it could be a random function where the player says "No" and requests trade because they aren't ready for the scrap heap yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is a bit off the wall of a thought, but in a later version you should have a version where you can start off as a player.

The decisions you make effect your career. It could be a text base career.

i.e. Your Buddy's want to go out and party. You have a scout coming to tomorrow's game.
do you
1. Go out and have fun?
2. Work out and go to bed?
3. Go See your girl friend......

depending what you choose effects your performance and your ratings either in a positive or a negative way.

-- You could even do it during a game,

Pass or Shoot?

Stay on Long or change up.........

after your career is over you could end up as a coach/ or GM etc...
anyway just an idea for the future.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
Nomis97
Bat Boy

Future player agents?

It would be neat to see in a future edition the ability to deal with Player Agents.

of course not all players have agents, however it would be interesting to deal with those sometimes slimy gents who squeeze the most they can for their clients.

--------------
I know this might sound a bit much, however the more detail a game has the better it is.

It would be cool if there was a section that followed the international rules.

i.e. Player who is under contract in another league cannot be signed without compensation..

if done then there can be legal action etc..

anyway just something to put in the back of your mind for the future.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

OTTP doesn't have it yet but would be nice in this Game but don't for get AHL and other Leagues 2. Lower league affiliation: The lower league affiliation such as ECHL teams, should be on contract basis for time periods. Then the NHL team can chose to extend the affiliation or look for a new minor league affiliate.
This way if the players coming out of that organization aren't being developed properly then you as the NHL GM have a say.
-- Also you could make deals with the teams.
i.e. We will send you a minimum of X players to a Maximum of Y players. This will cost the NHL franchise X amount of money etc.
---If teams have minor affiliate deals then perhaps they can sign more than 1 lower league affiliate.

6 can't happen in OTTP yet but would also be good in this Game.

8 Can do ti manually but in OTTP theirs League E. but not in this Game yet.