Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

Historical League Problem

Hey guys, after years of OOTP 9, I finally took the plunge and picked up OOTP 12 this weekend. Here's my problem:

I created a 1901 on season for the New York Giants. My hope was to do the entire history of baseball from their perspective. Now not knowing how to properly set this up as I just dived in, I somehow ended up having trade offers from teams such as the San Fransico Giants, Oakland A's, etc. Now as I'm sure all of you know, these teams didn't exist in 1901...lol Where did I go wrong?

John
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Les S
Bat Boy

Cool

I am having the same problem !!! I have received offers from Tampa Bay & Colorado !!!! I am also seeing minor league players who have never played in the major leagues !!! I have submitted a problem ticket aprox 1 week ago and am still waiting for a reply.
Les S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
Infinity
Hall Of Famer

With all you knowledgeable folks out there, no one has any suggestions to my conundrum?.....
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

It has to be the way you created the league...this is impossible unless a more recent Major League is running at the same time.

The steps to setting up a historical league are.
1) Create New Game (never use one that exists)
2) Import historical league via wizard (select 1901) and follow those instructions.

The reason nobody is answering is probably that nobody knows how this is occuring.

The likely scenario I think is you created some form of MLB quickstart and then you selected add historical major league from the world screen, league creation menu. Think back to this...when you created your historical league were you on a screen with a split and on the left there was a tan box with league names near the bottom? If so you were on the wrong screen, what you did is added a historical major league to an existing world. That tan box is not a league selection box but rather lists the leagues in your world.

You'll need to start over and from the main menu (or from the top bar menu) select create new league.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
Les S
Bat Boy

I tried your suggestion and it did not work.

Do you have any other ideas ?

Thank You
Les S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
Hocky201
Bat Boy

I know this is an old thread, but something similar happened to me and I think I figured it out as to why.

I started a season as the 1950 Pirates. A week into the season, the Cardinals made a trade with the Minnesota Twins for Paul Sorrento. I was totally blown away as to how that could happen. Soon more trades were happening involving the Astros and the Mets. I came here and did a search, but couldn't find anything addressing this as a bug other than this thread.

I figured out that I had set a template so I could easily load all my game options for ratings range and such at the start of a season, and in doing so it imports all the teams from the other game, even those and the players who aren't supposed to exist yet. When I went back and set up a season minus that template, no teams or players from the future have appeared (so far).

HTH
Hocky201 is offline   Reply With Quote