Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #21
John Dewey
Hall Of Famer

Middleweights

All of the boxers from earlier versions of the game have been transcribed by me in journals and notebooks. They have to be taken one by one, looked up in boxrec for the relevant info, and in many cases adjusted a little to fit within the presently accepted parameters of the game. Then they are punched up into the present game. There are way over fifty middleweights to do and I'm still in the process of looking each of them up in boxrec. This is a time consuming process and I expect to spend ten to twenty hours doing just the middleweights. In other words, it will be a couple of weeks at the earliest that I'll be done. But I'm pretty tenacious and all of the boxers all the way down to strawweight will eventually be posted on the forum. Try to be patient.
John Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dewey View Post
All of the boxers from earlier versions of the game have been transcribed by me in journals and notebooks. They have to be taken one by one, looked up in boxrec for the relevant info, and in many cases adjusted a little to fit within the presently accepted parameters of the game. Then they are punched up into the present game. There are way over fifty middleweights to do and I'm still in the process of looking each of them up in boxrec. This is a time consuming process and I expect to spend ten to twenty hours doing just the middleweights. In other words, it will be a couple of weeks at the earliest that I'll be done. But I'm pretty tenacious and all of the boxers all the way down to strawweight will eventually be posted on the forum. Try to be patient.
John we are looking forward to seeing them and really appreciate your efforts.

bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #23
dragon29
Minors (Triple A)

i agree - many thanks and a whole lot of appreciation!
dragon29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #24
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Yeah, nice going John!
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #25
John Dewey
Hall Of Famer

appreciation

Let me just say that I appreciate your appreciation and that's what keeps me motivated to finish this huge task. It amazes me how many fighters I have transcribed from earlier versions of the game who are no longer present. When I first joined this forum I was surprised that no one had undertaken this project before me. But I'll get it done if it takes all year to do it!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:47 AM   #26
a87star
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dewey View Post
No problem John. Like Don said.......your efforts are very appreciated.
a87star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #27
John Dewey
Hall Of Famer

The task

I counted them. I have 130 middleweights who need to be put on the forum so I have my work cut out for me. Instead of putting them on the forum all at once I'll just make a Middleweight thread and keep adding to it as I complete the boxers in small batches.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #28
Crimson
All Star Reserve

Thank you for taking the time to post all these fighters. It's great to have so many more fight possibilities. I especially like seeing so many fighters from my favorite time periods of the 1980's and 1990's represented. Again THANK YOU!
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #29
John Dewey
Hall Of Famer

Middleweights

Thank you for your appreciation. I have 15 Middleweights left to post on the forum and should have them done either tonight or tomorrow. Then I start with the Junior Middleweights. Be sure to check out the Miscellaneous Fighters thread. All of the fighters from the old Data Boxing game that never appeared in Title Bout are now posted there along with many fighters in weight divisions other than those where they appear in Title Bout.