Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #41
StrangerFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Well, I'll help you anyway, even if you are a Zonie!.

I'm really not sure what could be happening. It's as simple as putting the park images in the ballparks folder, putting the parks.dat file in your league folder and you're done. Load up the game, load the league, and you should be good to go. I've tested the mods on both the Mac and PC versions with new leagues and it's working fine... I'm kinda outta ideas at this point.
I'm having the same issue. Also using a Mac. I can't load the ballpark file then I get something that the file is either corrupt or a save game file from an older version. It happens both on ballpark file in the 3d set and the regular photo set.
StrangerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #42
mkbdoe
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Place where the water tastes like wine....Tucson,AZ
Exactly what is happening to me...I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

mkbdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:54 AM   #43
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I would suggest a re-install, and then try following the instructions at the beginning of this thread one more time. They should work.... Sorry I can't be of more help right now...
Tried again, I think my problem is that my game isn't connecting to the internet for whatever reason from the xml file. I tried editing the xml file myself with your info, but when I click upload the game still says you have no files available on your server. Annoying and completely not any fault of your own. Now, just need a solution. Same thing happened with my elisencse. Had to manually enter the info as my game would not connect. Odd thing is, I made sure to disable my firewall and try, still a no-go.
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #44
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

I was doing some work on the server and took a look at the usage stats for the last couple days so for giggles I figure i'll share. you all did hit it pretty good, already this is my 3rd highest bandwidth month in the past year.

and no I am not even close to my bandwidth limit so download away, hell download things a couple times just for fun

17th was 6832876 kb
18th was 29363956 kb
19th was 25336181 kb
Attached Images

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 06-20-2008 at 08:11 AM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #45
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Padresfan

is the park factors fix on the stadium mods?

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #46
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Padresfan

is the park factors fix on the stadium mods?

thanks
Could you be a bit more specific? Maybe I missed something, but I don't see what needs to be fixed.

When I load up either of the ballpark sets that I have on the front page of my website, (using the included parks.dat file), each MLB park has the unique park factors that ship with the game. Meaning, each ballpark is unique. Is the problem that they are wrong??
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #47
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Dola

Ok, so now I see the problem for both sets... Sheesh... Capacity is wrong as are the factors... The work never ends

I'll work on fixing these this weekend.

Al
Old 06-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #48
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The two different sets are on the Main page, here: Main
Yeah, I see those, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can click to download them. I've hovered my mouse over the pictures and all of the text and nothing seems to be a link to download. I'm probably just missing something; sorry for the questions.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #49
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
Yeah, I see those, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can click to download them. I've hovered my mouse over the pictures and all of the text and nothing seems to be a link to download. I'm probably just missing something; sorry for the questions.
Click the pictures, it's working. I just checked.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #50
buckeye2743
Bat Boy

OK, so I keep downloading and installing them and starting over a new league and after avout 4 attempts, I have still come up with nothing changed..... I have went to add-opn central found your file downloaded then installed and started a new league and nothing changed.........please HELP!!
buckeye2743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #51
buckeye2743
Bat Boy

So, I have tried about 5 times downloading then installing your file from ad-on central and it says its all complete then I go to start a new league, and nothing is there no pictures or logos and when I look in the folders where they should be nothign shows up other then the uniforms and ball caps.......whats going on...please help!!!

I am new to this as you can tell.
buckeye2743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #52
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen View Post
Tried again, I think my problem is that my game isn't connecting to the internet for whatever reason from the xml file. I tried editing the xml file myself with your info, but when I click upload the game still says you have no files available on your server. Annoying and completely not any fault of your own. Now, just need a solution. Same thing happened with my elisencse. Had to manually enter the info as my game would not connect. Odd thing is, I made sure to disable my firewall and try, still a no-go.
Finally got it to work. When I had my firewall off, it still wasn't allowing ootp to connect. Somehow it got automatically put in the "do not connect list". Turned my firewall back on, got a prompt if I wanted it to connect, and viola, your site. Mods look great. thanks for the help!
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #53
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola

Ok, so now I see the problem for both sets... Sheesh... Capacity is wrong as are the factors... The work never ends

I'll work on fixing these this weekend.

Al
Wasn't this fixed? At least the capacaties, dome, grass, etc.,

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2507473
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #54
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Click the pictures, it's working. I just checked.
For some reason, for me, it works while the page is still loading, but not once the page has fully loaded. I got them by clicking one of the pictures while the page was loading. I'm using Firefox, and when I checked on IE it works fine. Maybe it's something with my Firefox. Either way, I have them now. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #55
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I'm embarrassed to ask for more help, but I still can't get them working right. You said earlier that it should be as simple as putting the ballpark pictures in the ballpark folder and the parks.dat file in your ballpark folder, but when I did those two things, it's not automatically doing anything. I can go into each team's ballpark options screen and select the proper park, but it's not doing it automatically. When I do that, however, the coordinates are the defaults, which aren't right obviously. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the ballpark photos, not the artwork.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #56
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm embarrassed to ask for more help, but I still can't get them working right. You said earlier that it should be as simple as putting the ballpark pictures in the ballpark folder and the parks.dat file in your ballpark folder, but when I did those two things, it's not automatically doing anything. I can go into each team's ballpark options screen and select the proper park, but it's not doing it automatically. When I do that, however, the coordinates are the defaults, which aren't right obviously. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the ballpark photos, not the artwork.
You say you put the parks.dat in the ballparks folder; that is not correct. The parks.dat should go in your .lg folder.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #57
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You say you put the parks.dat in the ballparks folder; that is not correct. The parks.dat should go in your .lg folder.
Oops--that's what I meant. I did that. It's in my league folder.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #58
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oops--that's what I meant. I did that. It's in my league folder.
Hmm, I did have this problem last night. Have you tried exiting the game and then going back in? Or at least reload the league? I think when I exited the game then went back in, it reloaded the league and everything was correct.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #59
HercMighty
Minors (Double A)

The Parks.dat file that Andy points to earlier in this thread does not work.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2507473
I have the same problem Ruthian23 has if I use that file. If I use the one that comes with the mod it works fine.
HercMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:41 AM   #60
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Everyone -

I have posted a new version of the 2008 Ballparks set. It now includes Park Factors for each Ballpark, correct capacity, and correct field/roof. Again, you just need to use the parks.dat file that comes with the download. It goes into your .lg folder.

The set is on the main page of my website (The one that says "Ballpark Photos for every team.") Next, I will do the same custom work for the 3D ballparks that justafan provided. Takes about 90 minutes to do it all, so after justafans set, I'm done!

If anyone wants to contribute another ballpark set, that's awesome, but you'll have to provide your own custom park.dat file. This is tediuos work!!