Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
HonusWagner
All Star Reserve

Game crashing on expansion/roster protection menu (and elsewhere)

Not sure if this was getting noticed so have reposted in new thread.

Version: 9.2.13 (the only mods are logos, uniforms)
League type: historical MLB AL, NL - 1903.
PC/MAC: PC
What were you doing? Nothing.
What happened?

1. The league suddenly went into expansion mode, when this is not accurate historically. In other words, this expansion should not have occurred on this year (1903).

2. I selected the dropdown menu for expansion drafts and protection lists and the game does not respond, get an hourglass, then a message saying the program is being shut down.

Reproducible? WIth this league yes.
Problem occurs with other leagues? Crashes during every expansion attempt during legitimate expansion seasons.

Note: I also notice that in the league where this occurred originally the season standings record for a team (CHN) has been reset to 0, except for GBL.

FIx attempts and results:

1. deselected auto-expansion in game setup
- expansion attempt remains
2. attempted to add free agents
- game crashed when i went to look at player list
3. resign as GM and act as commish

4. created a new league (1976) and ran first year as commish.

- no problem when i went into roster protection menu. however game crashed when i clicked on first year player draft order menu. this is not an issue in other leagues where there is no expansion

5. so far I have created test leagues for this issue using the wizard setup and advanced setup. i have chosen each one to expand. without exception, whenever i finish the season prior to expansion and get to the point of expansion (ie oct 15, 1976) where i have to protect roster, i go to the leagues free agent page, click on either view players or first year players draft order and the game crashes.

Could someone from tech support let me know that they have least seen this post even if they cannot answer immediately? Thanks.
HonusWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
HonusWagner
All Star Reserve

Really appreciate the cracker job exhibited by tech `support` in response to this issue, especially since I am not the first to report this issue.

If you are going to promote a product, and receive money for it, have some integrity and provide some decent support that indicates you actually respect your clients.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
ty24
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonusWagner View Post
Really appreciate the cracker job exhibited by tech `support` in response to this issue, especially since I am not the first to report this issue.

If you are going to promote a product, and receive money for it, have some integrity and provide some decent support that indicates you actually respect your clients.
Welcome to the club. I have had an issue that has been an issue that many have brought to attention as well, but it has not been fully addressed. It appears that since they have their money for OOTP9, CS for that product is no longer priority. The development for OOTpX now seems to be top priority so that they can get more $$$. I think I see how the cycle goes here. You will be told that very few are experiencing this...so it clearly doesnt matter. $$$=top priority, after you have paid... good luck if you have problems!
ty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
HonusWagner
All Star Reserve

They disrespect your money and your time. I made the effort
  • to read through the stickys,
    to do my own research on previous topics
    provide all information as requested
    make the effort to provide a clear description of the problem

and they cant even be bothered to comply with a small request that they have read and are aware of the problem, let alone actually try to do something about it. They consider a case *closed* if someone doesnt respond for a few days! Then, when you post about the identical issue they just ignore it.

Its a wonder what one can do with open source these days. One or two guys can spend some evenings customizing it and viola you can mimick having actually *built* a sim. Of course, you havent, and thus are wholly unable to answer most of the bugs, but sure looks impressive.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
SteveP

Let me make a suggestion just in case it hasn't been tried. This comes from personal experience. Do a complete and thorough de-installation of OOTP, and then a completely clean re-install. Not promising anything, but a sudden onset of a lot of random, weird crashes is often a sign of a localized problem. At least it was for me.

Hope that helps.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
HonusWagner
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Let me make a suggestion just in case it hasn't been tried. This comes from personal experience. Do a complete and thorough de-installation of OOTP, and then a completely clean re-install. Not promising anything, but a sudden onset of a lot of random, weird crashes is often a sign of a localized problem. At least it was for me.

Hope that helps.
What does that involve? Every file, folder, add-on -- everything? Or just uninstall/reinstall? Does this involve removing from registry?
Old 05-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
SteveP

Quote:
What does that involve? Every file, folder, add-on -- everything? Or just uninstall/reinstall? Does this involve removing from registry?
I'm a Mac person, so I'm going to punt on trying to advise you on it. If up to me I would say trash everything, but you have to be sure you know how to get the game relicensed when you reinstall it. I know all the ins-and-outs about that on a Mac, but not sure about the Windows situation. You might try asking that specific question on one of the forums -- I think there's a pretty good chance that a PC person will respond.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Depending upon the directory in which you installed the game, there can be files in My Documents and in Application Data (the latter is always there, but the Application Data tends to be a hidden folder). The exact location of each changes depending upon your operating system. If you have trouble finding them, please let us know.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote