Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 01-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

Bug: Rookie POY winner not ROY!

Haven't seen this one mentioned before...
I just had a rookie win the Cy Young Award. He had one previous season with just 27.2 IP, so he should still be a rookie. He went 21-8 with a 2.80 ERA to win Cy Young/Pitcher of the Year. Another pitcher in the league won Rookie of the Year. He went 12-12 with a 4.56 ERA! Does the game prevent a player who's won one award from winning the other?

Heaven is kicking back with a double Talisker and a churchwarden stuffed with latakia.
Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
Dagrims
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil
Haven't seen this one mentioned before...
I just had a rookie win the Cy Young Award. He had one previous season with just 27.2 IP, so he should still be a rookie. He went 21-8 with a 2.80 ERA to win Cy Young/Pitcher of the Year. Another pitcher in the league won Rookie of the Year. He went 12-12 with a 4.56 ERA! Does the game prevent a player who's won one award from winning the other?
How many days on the major league roster did he have prior to the season? He wouldn't be classified as a rookie if he accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club or clubs during the period of 25-player limit, regardless of innings pitched.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

I've had the same guy win ROY and Cy Young at the same time. Look here:

http://mropinion.kicks-ass.net:9898/.../alawards.html
Old 01-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagrims
How many days on the major league roster did he have prior to the season? He wouldn't be classified as a rookie if he accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club or clubs during the period of 25-player limit, regardless of innings pitched.
Ah, that might explain it. It would explain why I also had someone I thought was a rookie on the DL with an 11-4 record and 2.88 ERA who also didn't win ROY, anyway. But the first guy's HTML report says he has 1 year and 31 days of MLB service, and I've just flipped over to the next season. I'm not exactly sure how the game counts days (are all offseason days counted?), but it looks to me as if that means he had 31 days of MLB service before last year, when he spent the whole year with the team.

Heaven is kicking back with a double Talisker and a churchwarden stuffed with latakia.

Last edited by Elendil; 01-17-2005 at 03:38 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote