Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

ITP General Discussions Talk about the new Inside the Park Baseball!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:44 PM   #41
VoltageEJ
Minors (Single A)

I would personally also love to see an ITP2. While, yeah, I have to admit there were small little bugs here and there, I definitely wouldn't have called the game unplayable. I still break it out once in a while, for the heck of it, though not as much with the advent of stuff like Road to the Show. I have to agree, though, the potential of what ITP was really what drew most to it. If the game was fully fleshed out, more in-depth features and immersion and so-on... it'd have the potential to be one of the best baseball games ever made, I believe. I still have always prefered playing OOTP when it comes to any franchise type stuff, though... and just the idea of an all-new ITP on a scale or even anywhere close to the level of detail of OOTP makes me practically salivate. In the meantime, definitely looking forward to OOTP11... and maybe later down the line, hoping it goes from being under consideration to in production. I'd definitely put down 30-40 bucks on that, at least, the second it became available for preorder, if ITP2 ever became a reality, that's for sure.
VoltageEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #42
CD1083
All Star Starter

Consider me a buyer for ITP2 if/when it ever comes out
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #43
wspahn21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Guys, this is under consideration, but no promises either way. I do promise that you guys will know as soon as we're ready to make any formal statement about a potential ITP sequel.

However, please don't expect any official news from Markus until well after OOTP 11 is released. There's just too much on our plates right now.

Thanks very much!

Steve
Steve,

OOTP 11 has been released and well I am sad to hear that you guys are going to focus on an Iphone app. I think that a sequel to ITP would be much better.

Any chance that after the bugs are worked out and OOTP 11 is patched that work will start on ITP 2?
wspahn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:33 AM   #44
Jordan
All Star Starter

I think it's laughable they still promote it on the front of their page when nothing has been done about patches or sequels for at least 5 years.

With that said, I would love to see another one
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #45
wrestlerjrh
Minors (Single A)

I guess still no word huh? does that mean it is still being considered? is there any hope that we will get an answer?

Edit: guess no one is checking this board anymore, or at least not responding

Last edited by wrestlerjrh; 06-08-2010 at 08:22 AM.
wrestlerjrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #46
Bret Leuthner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm here to keep this thread alive! And to state my desire for an ITP2!!!

And while I'm at it, in that new ITP2, I'd love the following:

1) Our players being able to demand trades
2) Multiple player mode (as in you and a couple of friends can play simultaneously)
3) Ability to tie in with the current OOTP (such as ITP did with OOTP5)
4) Preferred team
5) More intricate off-field life (don't get me wrong...bringing girls back to show stamp collections is nice...but maybe mixing that with what was in OOTP5 and actually having the possibility of marriage and kids would be good, too)

Ok...I'll stop now!
Bret Leuthner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #47
cochrane
Minors (Double A)

I will also bump this thread up for some more attention. I'd like to buy ITP2!

-- ZC
Hope Station Giants (2130, Science-Fiction) [Defunct]

Online Leagues
I'm retired from online leagues. Sorry.

cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #48
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Either give it away for free and say "so long" or redevelop it. it sucks to just have ITP hanigng in limbo. At Least make the game compatible with newer versions of OOTP
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #49
kckid4u
All Star Reserve

Location: Pictured Above: Buck Barnett - Best Pitcher in OOTP History!
Yeah, I bought ITP years ago, and maybe two crashed computers ago. I don't have my license info on it anymore as that is long gone, and I'm not sure I could get it licensed again by asking for a license reset, so it would be great if they just released it for free like OOTP 8.
kckid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:06 AM   #50
Electric
Bat Boy

I'd love to get another game like this.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #51
Wig
Minors (Double A)

I can't believed I still have the email account to get the post notification, and I remembered the password.

Yes, I'd still get an ITP 2 as well. I'd hope they'd upgrade from the flip phone notifications.

*sigh* I found the game, my license and started it up. Currently have a closer, 3rd all time in saves @ 33 years old. I forget how everything works. We'll see.

On February 28, 1991, Don Mattingly was named the tenth captain in team history. He was an All-Star 6 times. He won nine Gold Glove awards from 1982-1995. He was AL batting champ in 1984 and MVP in 1985.

Last edited by Wig; 04-09-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add info
Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:09 PM   #52
wrestlerjrh
Minors (Single A)

got the urge to fire this back up again, though I am still searching through old email accounts to find my code, I will reiterate I think there is still a market for ITP2, I know I would be all in
wrestlerjrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:41 AM   #53
BlackAndGold80
Bat Boy

I've been looking at images of the game and would love to play it for myself. Does ITP run well on windows 10, or am I better off getting something that has an older version of windows, (i.e XP)?
BlackAndGold80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 08:00 PM   #54
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

its been 20 years since the official start date of an ITP save. There was a comment made at the beginning of this post by a forum moderator, in which he states we who want ITP 2 should make a list of reasonings of why it would be a good idea to bring back, cause from the forum post it is not like 5000 people want it back, only 10 people. Why would they put the time and effort in for just 10 people it wouldn't be worth it, but if we could convince them 5000 people would buy it then maybe there is a chance. Now I for one don't have the formula on why/how ITP 2 would be a good idea, I just think it is because I'm selfish and would want to play an upgraded game with new rosters and stuff. But if anyone out there see's this plea for help let's work as a unit and try and see what could be managed. I also wasn't even alive when OOTP came out and I'm playing ITP if that gives any motivation, theres tons of young people who like player career simming just as much if not more than gm career simming. anywho. xoxo gossip girl
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 06:39 PM   #55
sparker781
Minors (Double A)

Demo

Can I get a demo of this game ANYWHERE?
sparker781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 10:32 PM   #56
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

You know, with this new ownership and their mobile game/online play/microtransaction type business model there might be room for a remake of this game on mobile.

There are games like this in the Apple store and I actually own one called Footy Super, or Footysuper or something, where you're an American Football player. They've got another one for soccer and another one for basketball. They're like $1.99 each.

They're not really good games tbh, at least the football one isn't. The devs don't seem to understand American football and treat the college levels like English soccer pyramid tiers. So you can be 35 and still be playing at the Division 1-AA collegiate level, and likely you will be unless you pay up for some microtransactions to improve your player. But I did kill around 10 hours in it and it's fun enough to make different builds.

There's no baseball version, and if there were a baseball one I'd certainly have given it a shot. Would I trust these guys to do a good job and not have it be pay to win and not put all kinds of cheesy microtransactions or ads in there? No, I wouldn't. But I think there's a market for this particularly if it has the OOTP brand name and think it would probably work if they ever tried it.

Hmmm... maybe I'll take a shot at writing such a game if they don't.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:00 PM   #57
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
You know, with this new ownership and their mobile game/online play/microtransaction type business model there might be room for a remake of this game on mobile.

There are games like this in the Apple store and I actually own one called Footy Super, or Footysuper or something, where you're an American Football player. They've got another one for soccer and another one for basketball. They're like $1.99 each.

They're not really good games tbh, at least the football one isn't. The devs don't seem to understand American football and treat the college levels like English soccer pyramid tiers. So you can be 35 and still be playing at the Division 1-AA collegiate level, and likely you will be unless you pay up for some microtransactions to improve your player. But I did kill around 10 hours in it and it's fun enough to make different builds.

There's no baseball version, and if there were a baseball one I'd certainly have given it a shot. Would I trust these guys to do a good job and not have it be pay to win and not put all kinds of cheesy microtransactions or ads in there? No, I wouldn't. But I think there's a market for this particularly if it has the OOTP brand name and think it would probably work if they ever tried it.

Hmmm... maybe I'll take a shot at writing such a game if they don't.
I miss this game, but I never expected to see version 2. I do not know what is the likely hood of ITP2, but I also feel it is the type of game that might do well on Apple and Android.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote