Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 01-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

MLB 2018 Live, C Francisco Pena, STL, 2018

48 overall, currently listed for a starting bid of 3,298 PP, or buy now price of 3,299 PP.

There isn't a "Report" button in the auction house, but, uh, PSA to the seller and future buyer: you gon' get banned.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

haha thats an optimistic price, isnt it?

But why would they get banned?

Someone has mariano rivera up for 1,111,111 - should they get banned too?
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Auctioning a player for several 100s times what they're worth is not a bannable offense in itself. The most generous explanation I can come up with is that they meant to auction the card above or below Pena and didn't notice they right-clicked the wrong one.

But if it's intentional, they're either trolling and hoping for someone to make a colossal error (which could be bannable for making a travesty of the game, like a runner running the bases the wrong way) or they're helping to funnel PP from one account to another with a bogus transaction arranged offline (which is extremely bannable). I'm just saying, 3300 for a useless, non-collector's item card is begging for scrutiny.

I would say the same about Rivera if his usual price were in the low thousands.

Last edited by Threnodas; 01-28-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
Auctioning a player for several 100s times what they're worth is not a bannable offense in itself. The most generous explanation I can come up with is that they meant to auction the card above or below Pena and didn't notice they right-clicked the wrong one.

But if it's intentional, they're either trolling and hoping for someone to make a colossal error (which could be bannable for making a travesty of the game, like a runner running the bases the wrong way) or they're helping to funnel PP from one account to another with a bogus transaction arranged offline (which is extremely bannable). I'm just saying, 3300 for a useless, non-collector's item card is begging for scrutiny.

I would say the same about Rivera if his usual price were in the low thousands.
I've seen this card with outrageous prices multiple times. Guy is definitely trolling or waiting for someone to think it's Tony Pena and pull the trigger without thinking.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #5
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0rmzbr0 View Post
I've seen this card with outrageous prices multiple times. Guy is definitely trolling or waiting for someone to think it's Tony Pena and pull the trigger without thinking.
Wow, how lame. Why would anyone buy a card without even making sure they have the right one? I hope that never works.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Caveat emptor

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:27 PM   #7
BidPro
Minors (Single A)

If someone wnats to pay that much that should be on them.
BidPro is offline   Reply With Quote