Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-25-2003, 04:15 AM   #41
couriers
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Atlantic
funny how teams like the Tigers and Devil Rays went before the Angels
Hey now, you took the Marlins over the Angels. Besides, I am from Detroit and one of my friends is on their pitching staff.

BTW, since this league will try to be as realistic as possible does that mean you will be trading all of your good players away?

Last edited by couriers; 05-25-2003 at 04:21 AM.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:20 AM   #42
run n gun
Bat Boy

ya what the hellil take the expos and they dont seem to be accounted for yet and i got your email telling me to post my claim to thenm in here ,thanks
jeff
email jeffncyn@localnet.com
aol im JMAC41571
run n gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:41 AM   #43
PeteyBoston
Bat Boy

All this talk about the Devil Rays and Tigers being a challenge...what about the Red Sox??? If my calculations are correct its been quite some time since these guys won anything...

First step for me is to hire Mookie Wilson, Bill Buckner, & Bucky Dent...

Lookin forward to playing with u guys...
PeteyBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:50 AM   #44
BFleming
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Atlantic
BFleming - we didn't have too much interaction in RWBL but perhaps that will change now that you are the new D'Backs owner GM. welcome. set some money aside for Randy Johnson's and Curt Schilling's rocking chairs.
Kind of tough to have too much interaction when your team started with only 20 guys and no pitching talent Looking forward to getting in from day one and going from there..
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 11:19 AM   #45
PSA
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by run n gun
ya what the hellil take the expos and they dont seem to be accounted for yet and i got your email telling me to post my claim to thenm in here ,thanks
jeff
email jeffncyn@localnet.com
aol im JMAC41571
http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...d&pagenumber=4
PSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 11:38 AM   #46
grismosw
Minors (Double A)

Nice find PSA.
grismosw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 12:29 PM   #47
CommishJim
Minors (Double A)

I am glad to see the league is about filled. As Hell Atlantic said the website should be up in acouple of days. I have been involded in acouple of other leagues in the past I even ran for a while. ( I closed it cause I was moving from the New York area to texa and I had no one to run the league.)

Currently I am an owner in the AOBL and BTTF I am very exicted to get this league started and would love to help Hellatantic run the league.
CommishJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:02 PM   #48
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
All this talk about the Devil Rays and Tigers being a challenge...what about the Red Sox??? If my calculations are correct its been quite some time since these guys won anything...
oof...it starts. guys, i must warn you. from this day forward - no matter what is said between myself and PeteyBoston - just know what we've grown up with each other and are friends and wishing death on each other is our special way of saying "i love you man". we take pleasure in beating the other in any type of competition, there is some sort of odd excitement in seeing the other lose.

Hell Atlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:07 PM   #49
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

PSA - i appreciate it but i'm not sure what you're getting at. if you're saying that run n gun is a known cheater, or if run n gun has something that he'd like to confess to, now is the time to do it, before the league officially opens. i don't want to jump on the chance to flex my Commish muscles, so i'm going to take time here let the facts come to me.

run n gun, if you are an admitted cheater i'm going to have to unfortunately revoke your ownerhsip of your team. this is a new league and the less controversy we have to start it the better. if you are not a cheater and if i read incorrectly what PSA was getting at - i offer my apologies.

Old 05-25-2003, 01:10 PM   #50
grismosw
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally posted by PSA
[B]Another cheater the community should keep an eye out for:

"Jeff McDonald"

emails: MCDONALDHANEY @ aol.com ... jeffncyn @ localnet.com ....

AIMS: MCDONALDHANEY ... jmac41571 ....

And who knows what other names and emails and AIMS. This classy fellow ran numerous teams last season in the soon-to-be-defunct FDBL ( http://www.fdbl.ootp-leagues.com/ ). The Astros, Rockies, Mariners, Marlins and probably a few others were all under his charge at one time or another.

People who would do this kind of thing do not deserve a second chance. You guys are a little too forgiving of Messenjah. If it even enters your mind to be a cheating jack-ass in the first place, then you'll probably always be a cheating jack-ass. Or at least a jack-ass. Either way, we don't want you in our leagues.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:11 PM   #51
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

I shall lead the Twinkies to the promised land in the outdated Hump dome. I look forward to being in another well run HA league.

Roy
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:29 PM   #52
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

thanks PSA. this is the last thing we needed. he'll have to get his second chance elsewhere.

the Brewers are still available.

and i want to inform everyone that CommishJim is now the other co-commish. we will be using his website that already has BOSI, which is looking to be a very helpful and useful league tool, to say the least. i'm still finding out what this thing can do cuz apparently is has many uses. i am making rule changes to the rules section of the website, and have begun posting some league vote threads that you all will need to vote in, mainly dealing with basic stuff like what our league name will be and our sim schedule. i would expect the link either sometime tonite or by tomorrow. CommishJim is in the process of giving me access to the various HTML functions, i'm not well-versed in the ins and outs of HTML.

he has experience in running an online league which will prove to be helpful. the fact that we're using his website and the BOSI is under his account which he pays for made my decision to name him co-commish that much easier, it's only fair. in the future if we must have a website on the ootp server we'll have to collect the 12 necessary owner emails and we'll have to go from there, but the website we have now is well good enough.

Last edited by Hell Atlantic; 05-25-2003 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:46 PM   #53
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

i've been looking at the various functions of BOSI, and i don't know how any league could operate without it. you guys who like me have never seen this tool before will have your socks knocked off! things like being able to view pitching matchups and that pitcher's career versus the opponent, listing the order of amateur draft picks (rather than posting them via the message board), team pages, loads of info and it just generally makes everything all nice and neat. wow.

Old 05-25-2003, 01:52 PM   #54
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Hell Atlantic,

I would love the Phillies and would like to help you out as co-commish if that oppurtunity is still available.

I am sure my commishes can attest that I am consistent even if I am sometimes erractic in my way of thinking

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 02:03 PM   #55
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

well damn thats what i get for replying before page 4

If the Phillies GM doesn't work I will take them in a heartbeat

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 02:24 PM   #56
grismosw
Minors (Double A)

I thought I was the Indians?

Last edited by grismosw; 05-25-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:42 PM   #57
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

Apologies grismosw!

Old 05-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #58
SanDiegoPadres19
All Star Reserve

Seeing as i am the commish of FDBL hell atlantic, and i have no idea who PSA is, i don't know where these cheating alligations are even coming from. He says its soon-to-be defucnt but it is alive and well. Check the stats, we are entering our 5th year. If you are going to trust a guy with 3 posts who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about then thats fine. Just because someone accueses someone of being a cheater doesn't make them a cheater. Might want to try to get both sides of the stories.

Alligations can ruin a mans reputation in these leagues, if the person is a known cheater, then i totally agree that he should be tarred and feathered, but sometimes some people just read the fine print. Whos to say someones a cheater. From now on he will be labled as one and that isnt right. This is not the place to be talking about it. If you want to talk to me about it you can find me on AIM, my S/N is mattttt123 or email me @ fdblcommish@yahoo.com or ebleague@yahoo.com
  • (As Matt Williams took a curtain call after hitting a home run) "Barry Bonds gets a standing ovation as he digs in."
  • (Following the second out) ".. and the Padres win the National League Wes... oh, just got a little exicted."
Internet Sim Baseball League, Lo$ Angele$ Dodger$
ISBL Fictional Blog

Last edited by SanDiegoPadres19; 05-25-2003 at 03:02 PM.
SanDiegoPadres19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 03:48 PM   #59
Hell Atlantic
Minors (Double A)

what do you guys think. i didn't want to jump to conclusions or make any rash decisions. he's more than welcome to the Expos if everyone doesn't have a problem with it. not like he's in a position of authority to cheat, he's just a GM.

Old 05-25-2003, 03:59 PM   #60
couriers
All Star Reserve

I really don't like the fact that PSA only has 3 posts. The first was on the day that he registered which was to make his initial accusation against run n gun, which was never backed up by any type of facts or proof of any kind. The second post was a week ago in which he accused our very own CommishJim of something negative that was proven unfounded. The third post was in this thread where he again has accused run n gun by directing us to his initial post that included no proof.

Unless PSA comes up with some facts or proof then I say let us allow run n gun to manage the Expos as he desired to do.

run n gun, I hope you don't prove my instincts wrong on this one and you end up becoming a great GM. Good luck.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote