Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #41
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Yeah, I was of the understanding that cards "turned in" for collections will get locked, so they can't be sold in the future. So that action takes those specific cards out of circulation. But it would free up others. How? Here's how:

people are currently hoarding all cards (in theory) since they don't know what cards are part of what collections. So once the collections are known, you'll know with 100% certainty whether or not that 69 OVR Tony Armas is needed or not... and if he's not needed then I suspect people will put him on the AH.

Plus, I don't know for sure, but I figure not all cards will have an associated a collection, so there may be a bunch of cards (bad, average and good) that will come onto the AH due to people no longer having to hoard them.

So collections won't free up ALL of your spare cards, but it will allow a number of cards people were holding "just in case" to be sold.
Ideally, every single card would be part of some collection or other, so that even weaker cards would have some use/value to them. Otherwise, there will be cards that have no real purpose other than filler. It would liven up the AH market a lot more too, since every card would in theory have some potential value to someone, even if it doesn't get a lot of play in leagues or tournaments.
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #42
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Yeah, I was of the understanding that cards "turned in" for collections will get locked, so they can't be sold in the future. So that action takes those specific cards out of circulation. But it would free up others. How? Here's how:

people are currently hoarding all cards (in theory) since they don't know what cards are part of what collections. So once the collections are known, you'll know with 100% certainty whether or not that 69 OVR Tony Armas is needed or not... and if he's not needed then I suspect people will put him on the AH.

Plus, I don't know for sure, but I figure not all cards will have an associated a collection, so there may be a bunch of cards (bad, average and good) that will come onto the AH due to people no longer having to hoard them.

So collections won't free up ALL of your spare cards, but it will allow a number of cards people were holding "just in case" to be sold.
While true (assuming that all collections are revealed at once), where is the demand for a 69 overall tony armas coming from after that? in terms of cards people want the supply will shrink even more
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #43
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Thanks for all the work you and your crew have done, Markus.

When push comes to shove this is a card collecting game. Therefore, I vote for Collection Missions wholeheartedly.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #44
JanesAddctn
Minors (Single A)

I am anxious to participate in the tournaments first and foremost, but if the collection missions are easier for the development team that certainly would be a welcome addition to the game.

I'd be interested to see what happens in the AH when they are announced.
JanesAddctn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:16 AM   #45
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I appreciate the work you guys are putting in and understand that things happen which may cause things to be pushed back more than expected. I just think there's been a consistent pattern of needing to push back announced timeframes. If tournaments will not be ready till May (or later, it sounds like), it would have been better to announce an initial estimate of June instead of April. Better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around.

I honestly don't know what I'd prefer you guys to work on because we have so few details on what the tournaments will involve other than the extremely basic framework that there will be themed tournaments with prizes at the end. Will the tournaments take hours, days, or weeks? Simmed every half hour like regular leagues or more spaced out? Single-elimination or WBC style pool play or similar to playoff series?

I really just want some details of what we can expect when the product is finished, because I don't know if it's worth the anticipation at this point.
seriously man?
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:19 AM   #46
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Just keep working hard and putting your 1000% in whatever you do and not half-ass anything for the sake of getting something out. Whatever you do we can wait.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:33 AM   #47
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
seriously man?
Seriously what, that they gave their own timeframe that they won't be able to meet and haven't given details regarding what tournaments will involve? In that case, yes, seriously. If they had said tournaments will be ready in Spring, no big deal.

Markus said he's doing a writeup Tuesday with some details... that's all I was asking for, and I don't think I was alone.

Last edited by atabakin; 04-20-2019 at 12:46 AM.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #48
TheKid95
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would definitely vote collection missions for sure. Roll-out what's easier to get finished
TheKid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #49
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

Appreciate all the work and update. And glad to see you're committed to delivering on your commitments to both missions and tournaments. Whatever time it takes to complete these additions is worth the wait. I'm also hopeful that you are able to allocate some of the new resources to ensuring the successful completion of the new football project, assuming that the project has not been abandoned.
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:48 PM   #50
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

Personally, I don't care at all about collection missions. For me, the first priority is OOTP GO and the second would be Tournaments.

My question about tournaments would be - do games played in tournaments help train players at positions?
GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:21 PM   #51
Morug
Major Leagues

Maybe this question was answered before, but some tournaments will have some restriction like bronze players or a silver players only?
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #52
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Morug,

See the thread next door... http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=302500
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:24 PM   #53
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

who would think to go to the "Tournaments Explained" thread when they want tournaments explained?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #54
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Since it's been 3 1/2 weeks since this last development update, is there anything at all you can tell us or tease us with? Most of the iron cards I've been sitting on for collections and/or tournaments are rusted already. Any update is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:23 PM   #55
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Tournaments. I couldn't care less about collections

Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:50 AM   #56
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

A little update: We have been working hard and are nearing the completion of Collection Missions. Right now we are targeting June 7 or June 10 as the official launch date of that feature.

We have also been working on Tournaments. If all goes well, these will be launched around the All-Star break!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #57
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
A little update: We have been working hard and are nearing the completion of Collection Missions. Right now we are targeting June 7 or June 10 as the official launch date of that feature.

We have also been working on Tournaments. If all goes well, these will be launched around the All-Star break!
Are we still on target for an update on OOTP Go sometime in June?
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Are we still on target for an update on OOTP Go sometime in June?
No, definitely not, there is no timetable for OOTP Go at the moment as mentioned in the original post. I would be surprised if we'd get it done in time for the MLB playoffs.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #59
neugey
All Star Reserve

Look at the bright side, both of these should still be out before the new Tool album, and if I could hang in there for that then I can wait for anything

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:17 PM   #60
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Oooh that's not that far away!!!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote