Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

Game crashing

Hello,

I have been having a few issues with the game the last few days. I think since I updated the game.

First all of my saves were deleted, which wasn't a huge deal as I wanted to start over anyways conveniently. But the first issue I noticed was that the game resolution wasn't working properly.

I usually play on my laptop (no issues with resolution on my desktop) which is a small 13 inch Asus laptop. I had this issue in the past with both this and the baseball game. I play through Steam and had found if I put a startup option in (which I do not remember and can't seem to find now) everything would work fine and I could play in a windowed mode with no issues. Since the update that startup option has been removed from both games and the resolution was all messed up. I was able to get the game working by reducing the zoom in windows settings but I would prefer to be able to go back to the way it was before, I liked the smaller size better but I am unable to find any solutions.

The real issue I am having though is the game is crashing all the time now. I have never had consistent issues with any FHM or OOTP games crashing. I have gotten a few here and there mainly if I had been playing for an extended period of time. But now my game crashes constantly and there isn't really anything specific I can notice causing it. Crashing while it is moving onto the next day, or just opening a different tab or just for no reason. It's really frustrating!

If any one can help me out that would be greatly appreciated!
Junglerock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:26 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Without a specific set of circumstances to replicate the crash, we'll probably need to see a trace file from a crashed game to give us an idea of what's going wrong. To get that:

-on the start screen, go to Settings, then Troubleshooting, and click on "Enable Debug Trace"
-then play normally until you get a crash
-once that happens, go to your \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 5\debug folder and open the fhm_trace.txt file, and either attach it to a post here or copy and paste the contents

That may give us an indication of what specifically caused the crash and/or any possible causes of instability.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #3
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

I emailed you a copy of the fhm_trace.txt file. Let me know if you need the save file uploaded as well.

Thank you!
Old 02-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
Junglerock13
Bat Boy

Actually, I have uploaded the save file as well (I think I did it right).

It is the same name as my username here, Junglerock13.