Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:39 AM   #1
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Player Disappearing

So, on Friday I had to create 2 players per team in a league of 24 teams. We already had our rosters full, but we didn't have any 18-19 year olds. That is what I created. One of the rookies I made for my team was a Goalie. I sent him to the farm club and one of the goalies I had on that farm club keeps disappearing. He isn't shown on my roster for the Gwinnett Knights. After I dig around though, I can find him. He's not playing in any games, I even gave him the role of Back Up. Only one goalie is being shown as dressed.
IamJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:54 AM   #2
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

I cut a goalie from the farm club and then I went to Durand (the missing goalie) and called him to the majors, then sent him back down where he appeared on my roster. I dressed him and then had Al do my lines. But now when I try to move him to back up goalie it won't let me switch my goalies.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:38 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think I'll probably have to see the save to figure out exactly what's happened with him. It sounds vaguely like the kind of issue we had with some players' roster status not being tracked properly in the very first version of the game, but we haven't see something like that in a very long time.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:50 AM   #4
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

The zip WHF_season1
Old 11-21-2018, 06:57 AM   #5
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Check out in the WHA. Gwinnett Knights. The player in question is Gabriel Durand. He keeps getting taken off the dressed list. Also, there are about 3 other goalies in my depth chart that I cant find where they are.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:00 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, but I can't get into it without the password, can you PM it to me?
Old 11-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, now that I'm in, Durand seems to be staying in the lineup - I advanced the game a few times, and he's dressing and occasionally playing.

Re: the other goalies on the depth chart, they're on Gwinnett's reserve list - check the last tab on their roster screen, that's where teams that don't have farm teams store their excess players that won't fit on their roster. I suspect that may be what you saw with Durand as well - he's behind Ljubicic on the depth chart, so Gwinnett may have been putting him there.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #8
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Is it normal for the farm team to run a goalie past 50% health? It seems like what you're saying is a farm team will only dress 1 goalie a game? Then stick with him for a while?
Old 11-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, it should always be dressing two goalies. Looking at the game-by-game logs for all the goalies on the team, though, it does look like it was only dressing one goalie for several games, but I'm not sure why. When I continue the game, though, it's dressing both goalies - I've watched the games being played and it's definitely dressing both, and the game is showing up in the log for both goalies. So I'm not sure why it was only using one goalie earlier, but it seems to have fixed itself.