Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 07-24-2018, 07:50 AM   #61
croatian
All Star Starter

historical challenges for teams that are now relocated, for example ; win Stanley Cup or reach finals with Nordiques before their relocation.....
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #62
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

I really want them to just scrap Strategies for players its an annoying nuisance. Also able to control any team at any time OOTP style all leagues. Able to make your own lines for your minor leagues.
Leafs2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:39 PM   #63
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs2016 View Post
I really want them to just scrap Strategies for players its an annoying nuisance. Also able to control any team at any time OOTP style all leagues. Able to make your own lines for your minor leagues.

You can already control your minor league team there's an option to set control of the team to yourself in one of the menus, can't remember which.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #64
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

Multiplayer.. I know it's already been said, but that is a big one in any game like this.

Export or print function. Export or print stats, player abilities, etc.
ZootMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #65
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

I would really like to see some "league evolution" feature where we are able to add or delete leagues & teams during off-season. That is so important for my fictional game that usually starts in the 50s or 60s. I would be running the same saved game over many decades (and therefore..... yes, save transfer between different FHM versions please....)
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #66
Anton
Minors (Double A)

An official update
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 AM   #67
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
An official update
We are about to start the beta test for FHM 5 and the Researcher are already working on the new DB for a few weeks now. Release is still roughly 2 month away, so once we get closer we will start to talk about FHM 5.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 AM   #68
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Official enough for me!
Old 08-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #69
julius
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morris View Post
Two things that wonÂ’t happen, at least in the near future.

1) a mobile/tablet version.

2) some kind of graphical representation of what is happening on the ice, at the very least 2D.

Sorry I know these are not game features and are often requested.
I would like to see some kind of graphical representation of what is happening on the ice, at the very least 2D.

The game day experience in FHM4 is utterly banal. So much more can be done. The relatively modest 2D graphics in Eastside Hockey Manager represent the single biggest advantage that title has over FHM4. The capability for doing this is readily available-I was watching good 3D graphics with the Wayne Gretzky Hockey Simulator in 1990! Even OOTP 19 now has modest but decent graphics and this is a huge improvement in that series.

We aren't asking for flashy 3D stuff, just something that lets us track the players and the puck like, you know, a hockey game. If the developers don't want to spend the money to acquire this 2D expertise, or borrow it from OOTP, they should just say so.

Perhaps they have.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #70
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
The game day experience in FHM4 is utterly banal. So much more can be done. The relatively modest 2D graphics in Eastside Hockey Manager represent the single biggest advantage that title has over FHM4. The capability for doing this is readily available-I was watching good 3D graphics with the Wayne Gretzky Hockey Simulator in 1990! Even OOTP 19 now has modest but decent graphics and this is a huge improvement in that series.

OOTP has come a long way over the years. With the latest 3D engine, I am more addicted to it than ever. However, hockey is my primary passion and I am patiently waiting for FHM to catch up in terms of graphical presentation.

I agree with you that WGH3 type of graphics would be good enough for me (with minimal customization options for uniform colors and center ice). But again the developers are improving the game each year. I am sure they have a long list of things to do and very limited time/resource. One day our dream will come true!
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:26 AM   #71
veijonaama
Bat Boy

- Trading, both between human and AI and between AI controlled teams. Deals between AI teams are not from this world. Also it is too easy to trade super-team for yourself by trading your players for rights of drafted players, acquiring 10 first round picks in some year´s draft, piling up players and draft picks in a trade to get good prospects etc..

- NHL awards, they should be given on more realistic criteria. Now some Dman with 8+24 pts and +/- 39 can win Norris while there are Dmen with 1ppg. Conn Smythe going way too often to a player from team which didnt win Stanley cup, someone wins Lady Byng while having 100PIM. Mistakes like these almost on every trophy.

- Suspensions, try-outs

- Total PIMs after season are way too high, players who skate having eggs inside armpits gather 200+ PIM
veijonaama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #72
Shadow4u
Minors (Single A)

I agree

Hockey is my passion and this game does a lot of good things. But watching a game play out is really hard to do. I never really get a feel for momentum or odd man rushes etc. A 2D representation is essential here to really provide a sense of how you are doing. The newspaper write ups after each game in OOTP are really fun and FHM could benefit from them. Talking about the game and flow and if a goalie stole a game etc. Also - a way to lock in some roles and preferences for line useage. I generally trust the assistant coach to put together lines because I can't really make sense of how it does that - so some work there might be nice.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #73
Anton
Minors (Double A)

-A Hall of Fame that more closely resembles the feature in OOTP
-An icon to indicate when and how many times a player has won a championship
-A better filtering system for players and personnel
-MUCH more variety in the NHL draft and rankings. NHLers almost never come after the 3rd round and I have truly never seen a star player come outside the first round
Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM   #74
krpotter
Bat Boy

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but expanding past 36 teams would be fun. Also, league contraction would be awesome. See what the league would look like if it contracted down to the original six or whatever.
krpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:38 AM   #75
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

manual jersey number retirement and regular retirement
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #76
stlcardsfan44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

To be able to control all teams like OOTP baseball. If that happens, i'll buy day 1.
stlcardsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #77
aidanc80
Bat Boy

A Bit More Building

I love to play the game because it’s fun to build great teams. I think 2 things that could be considered in the future to make things more in depth and more fun would be to:

1. Improve national teams. There should be some mode to take over a nation’s hockey program and help build it up. It is happening all over the world! Random countries are starting to create their own leagues and build up their programs. We should be able to play as any nation in the world and build up a program through our choices with the funding we get. Creating a local pro league, vying for more funds and receiving more or less based on our performance as judged by the governing board,, hiring coaches and deciding whether we want them focused on developing youth or the national players, etc. It would be really neat and something I’ve never seen anywhere.

2. Building college programs. I’ve been dying for a hockey game to include colleges. Even if they’re not real schools. Having desirable and undesirable traits about a school, having to scout for players, going after players that are a good fit for the program, recruiting, playing, etc. Would be really neat.
aidanc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #78
Airchallenged
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A few minor changes I would make:
  1. After a player is called up for the first time in a season make whatever number you choose be their permanent number for that season whether they get sent back down or not.
  2. I'm just dumb so it messed up my current historical save but have some warning that the end of contracts are approaching or put the start of free agency after the draft instead of before it. In the game I just lost free agency started on July 1st but the draft was on July 3rd.
  3. My second draft in historical mode (the 08 draft) only had enough players to fill out 4 or 5 rounds but obviously there are enough players to exist. Maybe this is just a side effect of the initial player creations. I was only the hold draft/gen players at 17.
Airchallenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #79
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if this was already mentioned but I would like to add my cents here.

1-Infrasctructures development.
Players to be able to enlarge the arenas, training buildings.
Fix and manage ticket prices, and sponsors to get more money for development of the team as a whole.

2-Press conferences that make effect in the gameplay.
Post game conferences about the game or specific situations to give more moral or less moral to the players or fans or team owners.

3-Social development of the roster.
Having the chance to make talks to the players, team, meetups, etc to improve the moral or fitness of the players. Events with fans as well to improve both sides of the rink the players and fans moral.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote