Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 05-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
CD360
Minors (Single A)

The Douglas Wilson Baseball Association

Douglas Wilson never expected much out of life. He was content living in 1912 California with his wife and children, working as commissioner of the local baseball league. Even when tension across the world rose, he was happy as long as he had his wife and kids by his side. Then, everything changed when his wife volunteered to be the assistant to a local magician. The magician tried out his new trick of sawing his assistant in half without a box. The audience adored the trick but her internal organs did not. Taking his wife’s death as a sign, Douglas packed up his things and took his children to start a new life.

This turned out to be a harder task than expected. With Europe in shambles, choosing a country to start a new life at was difficult. He eventually decided on Japan, only to once again discover that he hadn’t thought his decision through. As it turns out, Japan doesn’t have a demand for unskilled, untrained Americans who can’t speak a word of Japanese. In an act of desperation, he turned to the only thing he knew: baseball.

Surprisingly, Japan fell in love with the game and his league was starting to bring in a few thousand people for each game. By 1920, he had sold off his league to an investor (a investor who had already bought a few start up leagues in Korea, Taiwan and the colonies in China) so he could continue to act as a missionary of the game. He moved to Britain where baseball managed to “colonise” cricket and spread across europe. In 1932, the first official game between two countries’ national teams took place when the British played the French in Paris. Douglas attended the game in the left field stands, amazed at what he accomplished. In the bottom of the ninth, the French were down by 2 when their cleanup hitter, Michel Marin came up with the bases loaded. In a 2-1 count, and launched a ball into left field, striking Douglas directly on the head.

The funeral was simple yet nice. People from all over the world came to celebrate the missionary. Without their father, Douglas’ children all scattered across the globe. Charles Douglas moved to Australia, where he started a league that eventually grow to encompass all of Oceania, along with Southeast Asia. The twins, Dorothy and Edward, moved to separate ends of Africa, expanding on the already existing knowledge of baseball. Anna moved to India, where she capitalized on East Asia’s existing love of baseball and spread it to the rest of Asia. Elmer went back to America to check up on the progress the game had made without his father. To his surprise, it was a significant feature of American culture and traveled throughout Latin America to spread it more.

Then there was the youngest child, Joseph. At first, Joseph seemed the be the failure of the bunch, moving back to America to become a world renowned environmental scientist. Then, in the heat of the cold war, Joseph’s destiny was made clear. He was one of 2,000 scientists chosen to accompany the roughly 20,000 miners in the newly developed city of Lincoln, Antarctica. In Lincoln, a new league formed and Joseph was chosen as commissioner (he originally refused but the government offered him good incentive to reconsider). In the 1970’s as the remaining children reached the ends of their lives, they settled in Guam. There Joseph, Charles, Ana and Edward founded the Guam baseball society, an independent league primarily founded so they could make bets on teams without an expansive knowledge on the players.

In 2002, the many national leagues decided to join together in the Douglas Wilson Baseball Association. 2017 was the first year the league would be put into practice. This is the story of one team that tries to make it to the top of the association.

Synopsis: This dynasty will focus on one team (The San Diego Stingrays) as they try to climb the international ladder of baseball. Throughout the dynasty, I’ll also be taking over different international teams. The idea behind this is really about taking control of a team of an average team in the best league. So, even though I’ll be having players stolen from me by larger market teams, I’ll also be stealing players from teams at a lower level.
My biggest problem toward the beginning will be getting under budget. Since generating player contracts doesn’t take team payroll into consideration (and I find having a team from Honolulu have a bigger budget that one from New York immersion breaking) some of the team payrolls are a little out of control. This includes mine (136 budget vs 177 payroll). I’ll be doing a write up on my team along with simming to opening day next post but I’m just going to go over the world for the rest of this.

World Background Information: The DWBA consists of 11 leagues. Each of these leagues has one characteristic that makes them stand out. (Leagues ranked from worst to best according to DWBA seeding)
Arctic: Eye
African: Field/Speed/Avoid K’s
Southwest Asian League (Consists of everything from Bangladesh to Israel and under China): Control
Eastern Europe: Gap Power
Oceania: Power
Larger Asian League (China, Russia and other countries like Mongolia): Movement
South America: Gap Power/Movement
Europe: Stuff
Caribbean: Power
East Asia: Contact/Avoid K’s
North America: Vanilla

The worse the league, the more radical the ratings. For example, in the African Baseball League (ABL) almost all players are speedy, elite defenders. This is done so players are appealing to the high up leagues as at least 4th outfielders and super utilities. The Arctic Baseball Association (ABA)is the exact opposite. It prides itself on batters with some power and a great eye. This allows for many players to move into upper leagues in a pinch hitting capability.

The only other major outlier of leagues in the DWBA is the EUBL. This is because the EUBL is actually a promotion/relegation league made up of 5 different leagues. The most prestigious, the EUBL1, is the only one that competes in the DWBA association playoff each year. Each league sends 2 teams up and 2 down every year except the second and third league. Each year the EUBL2 and EUBL3 exchange 4 different teams. While this may seem like a bridge, it’s actually more of a moat. The four team exchange makes it easy for teams to either progress or regress each year. This creates a group of “EUBL2.5” teams that, while better than team in the third division, are weaker than those in the second. Because of this, lower league players often strive to join one of these “2.5” teams so they can showcase their talent in the secondary league and hope for an even better contract.

Next, let’s look at Antarctica. Antarctica is made up of 7 different states. Except one, these are all just territories controlled by the United States, European Union, China, United Kingdom, India and Japan. The exception to this is the New Russian Republic that declared independence after the fall of the Soviet Union. While they may be territories, all of antarctica is governed by the United Nations and, while not technically its own country, is allowed a seat on the U.N. as the 194th country.

Finally, the Guam Baseball Society. While originally founded for gambling, the GBS has become the world’s most prestigious independent league. While taking place in Guam, people from every U.S. territory (except Puerto Rico) are drafted into the league. Beyond these players, the league is filled with rejected talent from all over the world. Since there are only 5 round drafts and players can only sign one year contracts, a majority of the league's talent is imported.

Last edited by CD360; 05-28-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Wall of text
CD360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
CD360
Minors (Single A)

Footnote: Tournaments

I forgot to mention tournaments. Tournaments rotate on a 4 year basis.

2018 Regional Tournaments: African, Asian, European, American and Oceanian tournaments. Antarctica and Southeast Asia are grouped into Oceania. Winners of these are given the “crown” for their region and automatically invited into the GBC.

2019 Invitationals: No rhyme or reason involved. Unlike the other tournaments here, invitationals are all privately funded. Depending on the reputation of the tournament, these may result in an invitation to the GBC. Actual tournaments tbd.

2020 Qualifiers/Olympics: Teams on the verge of GBC qualification play for their spot. Usually, this comes down to the worst in each pool for the last GBC but the inaugural one will involve a mixture of previous performance and the eyes test. The 12 best teams are invited to play in the olympics.

2021: Grand Baseball Classic: Either 64 or 128 [still deciding] will compete for the most prestigious prize in baseball. The finalists are automatically invited to the next olympics and the worst finishers in each pool must qualify (ties will be broken by looking at previous performance).

All tournaments will take place in the beginning of the year. I’ll adjust them after I see how the first ones go. I’m unsure about invitationals but I don’t want an empty year. Feel free to suggest something for them.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
CD360
Minors (Single A)

Meet the Stingrays/1st Draft

The San Diego Stingrays are in an interesting place. Even though we could probably win now if we kept the team in order, we’re $40,000,000 over budget and I don’t feel like putting my team into bankruptcy. Here’s a brief look at the North American Baseball League (NABL) before we begin.

Beyond our financial problems, I’ve found two others. Both the Los Angeles stars and San Francisco Ocean have astronomical budgets. This won’t really be an issue right now, but in the future they’ll be the biggest threats to us. Since there are 3 potential wild card spots in each league it won’t be impossible to overcome.

To my surprise, the team doesn’t actually look that bad. I mean, the bullpen isn’t great and the back end of the rotation could use some work but it’s a solid lineup. In a way, that makes my situation even worse. It’s like having a perfect meal in front of you but you can't touch it because it costs your weight in gold.

Beside the overpaid, we have 2 really good players: Chris Asberry and Edwin Garcia. Garcia is a 25 year old right fielder with excellent power. Depending on how the season goes, he’ll either be traded in July or we’ll keep him. Asberry on the other hand is untouchable. He’s ranked as the league’s number one prospect by OSA.

3/5/17
The Draft
In the first ever NABL draft, the Stingrays will pick second. The first overall pick (by the Ponce Swords) was Scott Murdock, a San Diego kid! He wasn’t very high on my list, those curve/change ratings are concerning, but he can touch 100 so he’ll probably be a solid reliever even if he fails as a starter.

It was a deep draft so I had a really nice selection for my pick. From my first look it was obvious that college hitting was the bread and butter of the class. Third baseman Blake Bailey, right fielder Guadalupe Contreras and second baseman Griff Stone were early standouts. Bailey had an all star ceiling and a nice floor. Contreras had the best floor in the draft but OSA and my scout disagreed on his potential (OSA thinks he’s a generational talent but my scout sees him as a solid starter but not spectacular) and he might have some signability issues. Griff has batting title potential but lacks power and eye. On top of that, he’s already almost 23 years old. I’ll pass on him, even though he had the lowest bonus demand.

After much deliberation, I decided to go with Contreras. If OSA is right on him, he’ll lead the offense for the foreseeable future. The Stars ended up picking Nick Salinas next, a lefts with an underdeveloped change. Griff Stone ended up being taken 15th overall by the Philadelphia Bells.

Surprisingly, Blake Bailey was still available for my next pick. As was Dusty Greenwood, a college pitcher I perceived as the best in the class do to his we developed nature. I took Blake, but it probably means I’ll have to go under slot for the next few picks. Dusty Greenwood was available for my next pick. At this point, either I’m having a great draft and the AI is an idiot, or I’m doing terribly. With my next pick, I took Nate Rester, a bat first catcher who was mediocre at fielding, struckout too much and played against poor competition. His only upside is his “very easy” signability. Maybe he can be a backup in the future. With my fifth pick, I took Mario Martinez, a future middle reliever with easy signability. All of my other picks can be found below. Overall I thought it was a pretty good draft. I didn’t get as many starting pitcher as I would’ve liked, but I got a few lottery tickets in the later rounds. At the very least, I know I got a few second division starters and relief pitchers in the bottom half of the draft. Hopefully a few surprises emerge. Next time I'll cover from now to opening day. I'll probably sell off some guys so I can get under budget.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:51 PM   #4
T27
Minors (Rookie Ball)

looks good so far can you post this as i have wanted to do this but cant figure out how to
T27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
CD360
Minors (Single A)

https://ufile.io/3cq0j Here you go. You'll need to assign fictional contracts to all the players (I forgot to do that until after I saved the game)
Old 06-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #6
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Damn. I've been looking for a league like this for a long while. The WOB quickstart is too big to not fail on my machine. Too bad I don't own OOTP18 yet.
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote