Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
dcavaiani
Bat Boy

Disabled - Cameron Maybin

What r my options for him going forward ?
dcavaiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
DJP53916
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
What r my options for him going forward ?
Without more information, it's hard to say.

How long does it say in your game he is out for? A few days? A few weeks? A few months?

Is he a starter or bench player on your team?
DJP53916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
dcavaiani
Bat Boy

Maybin

I'm thinking it was 7 weeks and he was supposed to platoon in CF for Detroit Tigers.
dcavaiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #4
DJP53916
Minors (Double A)

Well, for 7 weeks, the first thing you'd want to do is put him on your 15-day disabled list. This will at least open up a roster spot on your 25-man roster.

Next thing I would do is look at your remaining outfielders on the 25-man roster. Can you get by with your main CF getting all the starts while Maybin is out? If not, do you have anyone on your roster who can at least pay a little bit of CF?

If no to both questions, then look at your 40-man roster. Do you have a player on your 40 who can play CF? You'd only need to have him as a backup, so it's more critical he can field the position than hit, but if all your minor league options are good hitters but meh defensively, you may be able to make that work.

If there is nobody on your 40 you're comfortable with using, look at your outfielders in AAA who aren't on your 40. Can one of them work?

If all those possibilities aren't workable for you, then I would look at making a trade or signing a free agent. Depending on how well you think Maybin will play once he returns from the DL, you may be able to get by targeting a backup outfielder on some other team (obvious benefit here being you wouldn't have to necessarily move some of your better players and/or prospects to make a deal). Free agency is another option.

Basically, it all really comes down to how often you plan to use any player you would hope to acquire (in free agency or a trade) or promote from the minor leagues.
DJP53916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #5
lionbacker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
I'm thinking it was 7 weeks and he was supposed to platoon in CF for Detroit Tigers.
In mine I have brought up wynton bernard until maybin finishes his rehab assignment.
lionbacker is offline   Reply With Quote