Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-23-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
son of clubs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Draft Order

The Astros are getting screwed this year in the draft. Is there any way to change the draft order to the actual 2015 order? I know you can change the order on draft day, but you have to keep the same number of picks.
son of clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of clubs View Post
The Astros are getting screwed this year in the draft. Is there any way to change the draft order to the actual 2015 order? I know you can change the order on draft day, but you have to keep the same number of picks.
I forgot to get this sorted before release, sorry

I just sent Markus the correct order today. He's off most of the rest of the week, but it should get added to the game next week and show up in patch 2.

In the meantime, here's the file with the correct order. You can import it on the draft screen once the draft starts, before any picks are made, and it'll set the correct order.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110247352/draft.csv
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
son of clubs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The import draft option on the draft screen does not let you select what file you want to import. Because of this, it says that it is done but does not change the order.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #4
son of clubs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Screenshots
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The import draft option on the draft screen does not let you select what file you want to import. Because of this, it says that it is done but does not change the order.
You need to put it in the "import_export" folder for your league. It will only import the draft.csv file you have stored in that folder.

Based on the name of your league, I would guess you should be looking for a file path similar to:

C:\Users\son of clubs\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\saved_games\test draft.lg\import_export\draft.csv

or simply

\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\saved_games\test draft.lg\import_export\draft.csv

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:07 PM   #6
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

On a somewhat related note, based on that first screen shot, should the wording of the prompt be changed? YES and NO do not equal OK and CANCEL. I suppose I would assume YES=OK and NO=CANCEL, but it may be confusing for some.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
son of clubs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did this and it still did not import.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I did this and it still did not import.
Not sure what the deal is, you may just need to wait till the next patch when it'll be fixed.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:10 AM   #9
rarefind
Bat Boy

Forgive me if I am missing something simple but where is the import button? I am attempting to import the csv which I have in my import/export folder but I cannot locate the import button. I've looked through all the draft screens and I am missing it. The manual suggests that it should be visible below the draft pool as long as the draft has yet to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Disregard, got it to pop up in commish mode. No luck with import of the CSV, may just have to manually change draft order. Any way to create a supplemental round?

Last edited by rarefind; 03-27-2015 at 01:19 AM.
rarefind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #10
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I forgot to get this sorted before release, sorry

I just sent Markus the correct order today. He's off most of the rest of the week, but it should get added to the game next week and show up in patch 2.

In the meantime, here's the file with the correct order. You can import it on the draft screen once the draft starts, before any picks are made, and it'll set the correct order.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110247352/draft.csv
We're up to patch 4 now, and this still isn't fixed. Any progress?

Also, I downloaded the file, put it in the import/export folder of my test game, and it still didn't import. The only Import option in Commish mode said "Import Draft Result from CSV file". Nothing about importing the draft order. I clicked it, got the same results that son of clubs screen-shotted above, and the draft order did not change.

Any clarification/assistance would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to start my game with this messed up, if it's supposed to be fixable/fixed. Thanks.

ETA: It appears that once the CSV is imported, either of the two options listed that first screenshot ("OK" or "Cancel") will lead to 9 "ghost rounds" happening to start the draft, with the proper structure (supplemental and balance rounds included) but no players being drafted. After that, the draft reverts to round 1 and to the original, incorrect structure. Weird.

Last edited by Amazin69; 05-03-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin69 View Post
We're up to patch 4 now, and this still isn't fixed. Any progress?

Also, I downloaded the file, put it in the import/export folder of my test game, and it still didn't import. The only Import option in Commish mode said "Import Draft Result from CSV file". Nothing about importing the draft order. I clicked it, got the same results that son of clubs screen-shotted above, and the draft order did not change.

Any clarification/assistance would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to start my game with this messed up, if it's supposed to be fixable/fixed. Thanks.

ETA: It appears that once the CSV is imported, either of the two options listed that first screenshot ("OK" or "Cancel") will lead to 9 "ghost rounds" happening to start the draft, with the proper structure (supplemental and balance rounds included) but no players being drafted. After that, the draft reverts to round 1 and to the original, incorrect structure. Weird.
Yeah, that file won't actually work without Markus making some changes to the draft importer.

As far as progress, you'd have to ask Markus. Pretty sure it's on his to do list, but he just hasn't gotten to it yet.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #12
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yeah, that file won't actually work without Markus making some changes to the draft importer.

As far as progress, you'd have to ask Markus. Pretty sure it's on his to do list, but he just hasn't gotten to it yet.
Not the best news, but at least I know I haven't missed something obvious. Hope Markus can get round to it, soon.

In the meantime, I guess I can configure the first 105 picks to account for all supplemental/balance picks, and once we get those out of the way, finish out round 4 with the teams in the proper order (this means some of those with identical records need to be transposed: the Astros go before the Twins, not vice-versa, and the Rays/Marlins, Mets/Braves, Pirates/A's, and Tigers/Cardinals also should swap places), then make a "Round 5" out of what should have been the back half of Round 4 and the front half of Round 5. (In other words, start with the Brewers and end with the Braves; 16-30, followed by 1-15.)

Then I can just repeat that order for the rest of the draft. The top 15 teams would essentially lose their 35th round pick, but they can probably afford it.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote