Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #41
batted balls
All Star Starter

Hall of Shame

Has anyone ever done a league with the worst teams ever?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #42
roycehernandez
Bat Boy

Question about Era and Park Factor Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaysGoRocco View Post
I actually have been working on a set like this on and off over the past couple of months. But instead of 20, I'm working on the greatest 140 teams of all time.

The way I counteracted the "era" problem was by normalizing all statistics to a certain norm. That way, the '68 Tigers and '29 Athletics would be playing in the same field and not be effected by their respective eras. In addition to that, I used park factors to adjust the effects of each team's home park to the norm. The Era and Park Factor Adjustment calculations are too complicated for me to explain right now.

My set includes about 8 of the greatest negro league teams, 3 19th century teams, every World Series team (minus dynasty multiples, ie 75/76 reds) and other great teams of Baseball History.

This type of roster set would be a lot of fun to play with. They're not really intended for multiple seasons of play, but more for playing 1 season over and over again trying to win the championsip with different "great" teams.
I'm trying to do the same thing in my league and would love to know the dirty details of how you came to your Era and Park Factor Adjustment calculations. Can you share?

Thanks!

Royce
roycehernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #43
masterjack
Bat Boy

Best Teams of All-Time

WAMCO!!!!!

White
Alomar
Molitor
Carter
Olerud

Jack Morris
Dave Stewart
Dave Stieb

1993 Toronto Blue Jays!

With Duane Ward and Tom Henke at the back end of the bullpen. One of the best teams ever.
masterjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #44
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycehernandez View Post
I'm trying to do the same thing in my league and would love to know the dirty details of how you came to your Era and Park Factor Adjustment calculations. Can you share?

Thanks!

Royce
This thread is almost two years old,a lot of the people involved in this thread are not even around anymore,not to mention that OOTP 7 which this thread is based upon is dramatically different than this version(so I've been told)As for your quest to pit these teams against each other,if you could swing it I'd be very interested in the results.