Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #21
gysgtam
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
One doesn't exist yet lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #22
jbaumgardt1
Minors (Single A)

One of the reasons I picked DDPFS over FOF, aside from it being more customizable closer to OOTP is the actual game results being more realistic. I read somewhere that FOF doesn't even have 2-point conversions or onside kicks, something that PFS does have. I haven't played FOF but I'm wondering if someone who played both could expound more on this? The game engine, the actual games being played are the most important part of the game to me.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #23
Antmf
Minors (Single A)

I would love to know this too. I love realism especially when it comes to these types of games have the reason why I love OOTP 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #24
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

What are the sim statistics like for ddspf20? Would anyone mind posting their league leaders?

Just asking because statistical accuracy has always been the biggest reason I prefer fof to ddspf. Apparently 20 is better but I’m still skeptical of it.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #25
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmf View Post
I would love to know this too. I love realism especially when it comes to these types of games have the reason why I love OOTP 20.

If you are looking for statistical realism, FOF is the better option. The FOF engine does an outstanding job of mirroring the NFL.

Further, player profiles are deeper in FOF - football skills as well as physical attributes. DDS PF seems to be focused on combine ratings such as speed (for WRs and DBs) and strength (linemen). IMO, FOF offers more challenges with developing players and roster building.

FOF is stronger in terms of game planning, despite the recent DDS PF custom playbook feature. FOF game planning has the feel of how NFL teams script plays based on down and distance situations.

To be fair, I'm sure some folks prefer DDS PF. I've only played that game casually, but enough to understand that FOF is my preference for a football sim emphasizing the GM role.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #26
AlexB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post
One of the reasons I picked DDPFS over FOF, aside from it being more customizable closer to OOTP is the actual game results being more realistic. I read somewhere that FOF doesn't even have 2-point conversions or onside kicks, something that PFS does have. I haven't played FOF but I'm wondering if someone who played both could expound more on this? The game engine, the actual games being played are the most important part of the game to me.
If realism is what you’re after, you should choose FOF (IMO FOF7 is better than 8, but YMMV)

If you want something that is similar to football, but looks much much better, and is easier to be drawn into the game world as a whole, DDS is the one for you.

Other than the GUI my main gripe with FOF is that you have to pull the vast majority of information from the game, whereas with DDS much more info is pushed to you, which helps you feel part of a universe.

However the contracts, stats and playing out of the games are much more solid in FOF

The perfect mix would be the FOF base with the DDS look & feel... which is what we all hope OOTP FOF will be!
Old 11-29-2019, 06:39 PM   #27
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Having played both thoroughly I will be as concise as I can be. One developer is a perfectionist. The other is not. Both are fun games though.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #28
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgardt1 View Post
That's a lie. FOF has both 2 point conversion and onside kick when required.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #29
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
If you are looking for multiplayer experiences there are some great leagues I can point you towards like http://football.championsimleague.com/ - those guys did amazing things with their basketball league and I'm sure this one is just as dynamic (and I believe they just finished the season and are looking for new members).
As commissioner of Champion Sim Football League [CSFL] we are always looking for great new GMs (currently have 3 openings) and we have a very realistic league with a great community.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #30
Antmf
Minors (Single A)

I would love to but Being new not to the game of football but to this game I don’t know if anybody would have the patience with me to give me tips and kind of guide me along the way I don’t wouldn’t know where to begin LOL