Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Free Agent Creation - am i missing a setting?

playing a "historic" game - well, it's now a fictional historical, starting 1901. ....

anyway, at the end of each season (up to 1921 now), the AI generates literally hundreds of fictional Free agents, almost always in the 18-16 yr old range.

i have am. draft pool set to none
generate interntl discoveries set to none
generate interntl establ. fA set to none
generate free agents from Indy leagues set to none

i do have "fictional Player settings"
create players age -min 16 max 18 for the players (mostly Negro League players) i manually enter into my game.

just not certain if i am missing a setting some where that is auto creating these players at the beginning of Free agency. They are not coming from other teams, as almost none of those teams have any players that young and in my Amateur draft, there are only a handful of players created under 18. it's time consuming to delete these, but not a major issue. And certainly not worth raising a ruckus and quitting the game.

as i said, just curious if this is a botched setting of mine, or one of quirks of the game? Thanks.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

When you disable the ammy draft in setup, another option will appear to disable creation of fictional FA's. I've attached a screen shot but I'm mid season so the option doesn't appear in it, however it's the same spot where you disable the draft. Can only be changed during pre season.
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Ah, ha! Knew i'd seen it before, but i didn't look at that part of the page (or didn't notice it) during the pre-season, so missed it. I'll have to wait till next season to check it off as i just finished my Spring training. (Also made a big note to do so!!!) Thank you very much. The people here are such a great help!!!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 09-20-2016 at 06:15 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

Not that I want to revive this old thread but I would like to thank you guys for bringing this up. I’ve had this problem since I started my league many years ago and couldn’t figure it out!