Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #21
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Mislinked the images in the previous for proof.

Last edited by taz20075; 02-17-2019 at 11:04 AM.
taz20075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:06 AM   #22
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Great job, taz20075. I established a leaderboard at the top of this thread (as well as an additional post after this one).

I got up to 28. Here's my team's pitching stats and fielding stats:

Though one of the shutouts was a no-hitter by Phil Niekro:

My team did establish a new low for successful stolen base attempts against with 20. Teams were 50% successful, and only tried 40 times.

The MLB record is 65 (2003 Mariners). We both beat them.

Good luck in Silver. I think my next attempt will be in Gold.
Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:03 PM   #23
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I should note that I swept my first two series, throwing 2 shutouts in each before winning the finals with one loss (and throwing one more shutout).

I upgraded my staff with Mike Scott towards the end of the season and he was 5-0 with a sub 1 ERA.

And after my boneheaded move of cleaning up my reserves saw me selling guys I was using, I was forced to redo/upgrade my bullpen (Chapman, Stammen, Alvarado). Hopefully, those upgrades pay off in Silver.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:34 PM   #24
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz20075 View Post
I should note that I swept my first two series, throwing 2 shutouts in each before winning the finals with one loss (and throwing one more shutout).

I upgraded my staff with Mike Scott towards the end of the season and he was 5-0 with a sub 1 ERA.
I'll add 5 more shutouts to your yearly total, with the note that these five were in the playoffs. Stellar job and congrats on the WS win.

And that's INSANE that you got Mike Scott. He's one of my goals, too, but I never have enough patience to accumulate the PP to do so. Good luck in the Year 2030!

I'm in Silver, too, having not been one of the top 6 teams in my silver league.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #25
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Year 2030 Review

It was a down year for the Sullust Sullustans. We only achieved 22 shutout victories. And despite having a record of 99-63, as you can see from the division standings, we only qualified for a Wild Card berth. Bad luck to be put in such a dominant division.

Our overall defense went down from our previous year. In '29 we only committed 53 errors and only allowed 20 stolen bases on 40 attempts. This year, we committed 65 errors, which still ties the real MLB record (2003 Mariners), but we allowed 36 stolen bases on 61 attempts, a CS rate of 41%.

The team that knocked beat us in the Wild Card - in extra innings - had amazing speed: 366 stolen bases. It's not the 500+ stolen bases that I've seen other Perfect Teams amass, but it still beats the modern record of 341 (1976 Oakland).

Despite having the 4th best record in the league, I'm most likely going to remain in Silver ... which is PROBABLY a better environment for another attempt at the 33 shutout victories.

On to 2031!

Submit your total shutout victories below. If you have screenshot proof of your achievement, I'll put you on the leaderboard in the original post. So far, there's been only team that's done it!
Old 02-26-2019, 10:43 PM   #26
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Another stellar defensive season in our first Silver season. Got bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Reaching 40 may prove to be a challenge in Silver. It may be a situation where I need to sacrifice some defense for some offense. But I do like looking at the pitching leaderboards. Got an MVP and a Cy Young out of Mike Scott.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #27
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Much better in the shutout dept this season, though still short of the MLB record. I played 69 1 run games and was basically .500. Still won 96 games. My team is ranked 1st in every pitching category except BB (2nd) and Ks (3rd). I wonder if I can keep this up in gold...
Old 03-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #28
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Year 2031 Review

Great job with the 31 shutouts. I had 22. I'm more astounded at the your opponent's batting average! The .192 batting average against is the lowest I've ever seen, and handily beats my record of .199.

My team, the Sullust Sullustans, needed a 163rd game to get into the playoffs. Then we won the wildcard and swept the DS against Salzgitter.

Now in the Championship Series against another team that was defensively minded, the Bellflower Archers. We bested them in DEF and in bullpen ERA, but they had a better starter ERA and a couple of more shutouts.

My core starting four remains:

Cy Young, who pitched a no-hitter this year - would've been a perfect game save for a Kevin Pillar error (!)

Phil Niekro, who struck out 15 batters in one game - never had that accomplishment before

Whitey Ford

Pete Alexander, the 4th diamond I've ever pulled

Vic Raschi / Patrick Corbin

And with 4 teams advancing, I'll be going up to Gold as well.

Last edited by Renfro; 03-03-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #29
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Had a good month.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:32 AM   #30
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Year 2032 Results

The quest for 33 shutout victories just got that more out of reach for me, as my team will advance to Diamond after winning back-to-back championships. Nuts.

Here's the pitching stats:

19 shutout victories; .223 opponent BA; 3.02 ERA.

I had added Dizzy Dean in the middle of the season to the starting rotation (Niekro, Young, Ford, Alexander), and moved Corbin to the pen. I eventually sold Dean for a small profit during the usual buyer's market over the weekend.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #31
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Same boat here, except got bounced before the Series. Did better than I thought in Gold. We'll see how Diamond goes. I'm usually 1st across the board in pitching and 15th in offense (except steals is usually a top 5). I suspect I may be able to manage a repeat in pitching but will fall to 20+ in offense.

I'll give it a go with the same squad as always just to see how they do, but I suspect I'll start acquiring replacement players that are downgrades defensively, if only slightly.

Targeting guys like Maddox, Ashburn, Eric Davis in the OF and am having a much tougher time with coming up with a plan in the IF.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:09 AM   #32
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm off to a good start. 8 shutouts already and my defenders are all pretty average except for simmons. lolbronze
Attached Images

Last edited by dkgo; 03-12-2019 at 12:10 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #33
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

It's great that you are in Bronze - you are in a good position after only one month. If you want to upgrade a bit and go for the 33 (or the regular season record of 40), you can probably pick up a Pillar or Kiermaier for cheap for the OF. Look for pitchers with good Hold ratings.