Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Online Leagues

FHM 5 - Online Leagues Looking for a league or does yours have openings? Post here!

Old 11-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Sloshy97
Bat Boy

FHM5 - Online Update

Hello,

Was wondering if we could hear some feedback on if some of the online features of FHM5 are being worked on.

Currently we have approximately 15 people who are excited to get an online league going, but we have decided to hold off after encountering numerous issues with our test league.

Just wondering if there has been some progress made on the following:

- Uploading / Downloading files. While not a huge issue, being able to manage files like OOTP would be a plus: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=292933

- Injured players breaking the sim: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=293599

- Draft Lists not exporting properly: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=294010

We've watched silently while the core game has been given some love since launch, and we're hoping some time will be set aside to address the online features of the game.

We have about 5 people on standby just waiting until we start our league in order to purchase the game, and I imagine there are others in a similar situation.
Sloshy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Leaguefiles: maybe creation/upload makes it into the next update but download/extract has to wait for later (much more complicated).

Draft lists: we tested it here and they work. What exactly is not working with them (how can we reproduce it)?

Injuries: what should we do about it?

Thanks for the help...
Old 11-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

On the injuries front, I'd suggest giving the commissioner some sort of option to partially fill lines, replace injured or traded players without changing every tactic the GM has spent time setting.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
Sloshy97
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Leaguefiles: maybe creation/upload makes it into the next update but download/extract has to wait for later (much more complicated).

Draft lists: we tested it here and they work. What exactly is not working with them (how can we reproduce it)?

Injuries: what should we do about it?

Thanks for the help...
- Draft Lists: we will double check with another test. When we went to do our test draft, no one's draft list was exporting properly. But we will test again.

- Injuries: we tend to group our sims by 7 days, so having the AI simply place a scratched player into the spot of the injured player (regardless of position) while not affecting line ups could suffice.

Or, like in OOTP, be able list your scratched players in priority under substitutions, so if an injury occurs to X player, they will be replaced by X scratched player.
Sloshy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:03 AM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloshy97 View Post
- Draft Lists: we will double check with another test. When we went to do our test draft, no one's draft list was exporting properly. But we will test again.
We run a test here and the draft lists where properly exported to the commish. How exactly are you doing the draft?
Old 11-30-2018, 08:00 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

@Sloshy97: would you like to join the beta test team, so we can test/tweak/fix Online Leagues more easily? In case you like, please write me an email to sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com and I will set you up with the details.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:13 PM   #7
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

I agree, giving the commissioner access to change anything by any team would be ideal. It's a bit tedious to constantly have to login to a team and have the assistant fix lines for an injury and then having to log back in to commish. Or as was suggested earlier. Having a priority to scratched player positions in case of injury. As commish of an online league 1/4 of the way through our season. This would be a huge help.
Also, allowing for a draft lottery would be great. I run a fantasy league and this is an option for the nhl league, why not for fantasy as well? Or at least allow for manually reordering the draft?
The game itself has been very fun for my league and myself. If those few things could be corrected, I'm not sure I could ask for much else from you guys outside of html exporting :-)
IamJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:18 AM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Ideally would be some form of depth charts for the GM´s but in Hockey with all the lines that is complicated to do (if anyone has an idea, just let me know ).

In the mean time we made it possible for the Commish to "replace a player with another player in all line spots", so with just one click you can "repair" a team and the GM does not have is lines/tactics destroyed (you don´t have to log into the GM´s team for that).

We also fixed a few smaller Online League problems, mainly a bug where it was possible that changes happen to a GM when editing another GM (only when you remove a GM before) and some staff related things (job change).
Old 12-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
IamJustin
Minors (Single A)

Sebastian, my idea for the scratched player injury replacement would be to group dmen center and wingers into those categories. Then allow a gm to set an undressed player as priority to said position. No need for a full depth chart. Just injured player fill in slots.
IamJustin is offline   Reply With Quote