Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
mike7273
Bat Boy

Use of DH as another position in the Depth Chart

I have two 1st basemen. I'd like to swap them out at 1st base and DH, but you can't use your DH as a backup to any position. Can this be fixed?
mike7273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
dbqs
Major Leagues

You can use 7-day lineups. I do wish there was a better way to do the regular depth chart allowing for rotating in folks at different positions but I don't believe there is another way currently.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
mike7273
Bat Boy

I think you could do this in last year's version. Looks like it would be an easy fix. Right now I'm just rotating their position vs LHP or RHP
Old 09-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there's an order in which you place players that it seems to work, or at least the depth chart looks like it's setup to do that. it doesn't actually adhere to it, though.

7-day lineups are cumbersome, tedious and slow. a redundant feature that to avoid fixing something. can't someone just take a weekend and fix the depth charts, ffs. lol, it's been ... forever, i bet. at the least it's never worked properly since i began playing.

it doesn't allow you to properly rotate players anywhere. heck, in '18 it's not even adhering to my catcher rest settings (legacy mode and proper settings to do so). it rests him every 5th day no matter what i do and even if there's a %#@ing day off the next day.. i laugh as i type this, but only half a joke.

the depth chart is a basket of deplorables, lol.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
b10wick
Major Leagues

Checkmark the sync button in the top right of the lineups screen. This allows you to list starters as backups at other positions.
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10wick View Post
Checkmark the sync button in the top right of the lineups screen. This allows you to list starters as backups at other positions.
Do you mean "uncheck"?

Mine was checked, and once I unchecked it, I could do that.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #7
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10wick View Post
It has been stated in past threads that it is only cosmetic and that unchecking the box won't make it so that the AI uses guys who are starters also as backups even if you can list them that way on the depth chart.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #8
ThePretender
All Star Starter

Really there needs to be a defensive end game lineup so that your starting 3b can go to rf in the 7th and your starting rf will be replaced by a bench player who plays 3b.

I agree not being able to swap dh/1b is annoying. My 1b can catch and I'd like to find an easier rotation of c ---> dh, 1b--->c and dh--->1b without having to resort to 7 day lineups. So similar issue to your dh/1b situation.
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #9
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretender View Post
Really there needs to be a defensive end game lineup so that your starting 3b can go to rf in the 7th and your starting rf will be replaced by a bench player who plays 3b.
This I agree with. If the 2018 Red Sox decide to sit Jackie Bradly Jr. against a lefty and start Mookie Betts in center, they don't use Bradley to replace Betts as the defensive replacement late in a game. They move Mookie and someone else comes out who has less skill than either of them in the outfield so that Bradley can play center and Mookie plays right.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #10
ThePretender
All Star Starter

Yeah I've been trying to get that into the game for a couple of years now with no success .

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=272834
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=277927
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #11
mike7273
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
It has been stated in past threads that it is only cosmetic and that unchecking the box won't make it so that the AI uses guys who are starters also as backups even if you can list them that way on the depth chart.
So, the AI just does what it wants?
Old 09-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #12
mike7273
Bat Boy

Just noticed the game used one of my starters for 1.2 innings when I have "Allow SP in Relief" set to NO.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #13
Silfir
Minors (Double A)

Like, an actual starter, or just a pitcher whose position was set to SP?
Silfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #14
Juggernt
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretender View Post

I agree not being able to swap dh/1b is annoying. My 1b can catch and I'd like to find an easier rotation of c ---> dh, 1b--->c and dh--->1b without having to resort to 7 day lineups. So similar issue to your dh/1b situation.
I made that suggestion recently in the "future features" section.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote