Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

Question on commissioner powers

Can a commissioner stop the waive/DFA process on a player? Also related question, how is the 40 man management AI in 19? I'm playing 18 and looking at a very good 25 year old who just this season picked up his first 24 days of ML service, pitched well, and is now being DFAed to make room for a returning player off the 60 day DL, while the team clings to older, less talented guys in the final years of their contracts.
BaseballGoodToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Can't speak to the latter, but yes, the commissioner can manually assign a player to any team (doesn't matter if it's major or minor league), which circumvents the waiver / DFA process.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

Thanks, the Nationals almost lost their closer of the future because some vet long relivers thought they were above AAA.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

One thing to note - if you manually assign the player to a minor league team it will change his contract to a minor league one, which may or may not be what you want.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #5
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

Good catch, I just checked and he's on a minimum major league contract. I immediately added him back to the 40 man which must have fixed that.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:15 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

the only effect we can have on the preference of young v old is for GM ai eval. favor prospects should move their sliders skewed toward favoring kids vs vets.

i'd backup and test to verify that's true. there's a button that re-does the gm's or coaches there... if it's gm's it might work. check before and after with a few current ai gms.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #7
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

Ok he's BACK on the waiver wire to make room for a 28 year old injury replacement outfielder hitting .266 at AAA(I'm surprised they didn't re add the 32 year old hitting .158 that I DFAed for them as commissioner). On closer examination it's seeming a little less ridiculous, they're a win now! team and he's 1.5 overall out of his 3 star potential(according to my scout, their inferior scout with less budget has him as 2.5/4.5), having given up 2.3 HRs in his 7.2 innings as a fill in at the ML level, 1.3 at AAA despite being solid in his other ratios. There's a better performing OF at AAA, but he lacks the speed, defense, and sparkplug personality of the guy they called up. Then there's a .228 hitter, but again speed, defense and beneficial personality(captain), so those 2 could have value in September. The first time was a definite blunder with that washout keeping his spot, but this time I'm realizing "probably not what I would do" doesn't always mean "idiotic blunder". I may put a claim this time, he should do well in front of my infield.