Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
TheGunIsGood
Bat Boy

Starting at beginning of 2018 season?

I have not purchased the game, but am curious if there is a way to begin the game at the start of the 2018 season now that 2017 is complete. I missed out on playing during the season so it would feel weird the game starting at 2017.

I'm used to playing The Show so wondering if the community here also has updated rosters or saves that can be used to start the year at 2018, but with 2017 stats and updated player ratings taking last year into account. Never played an OOTP game so I have no idea how the save system works or how you even begin franchises in the game.
TheGunIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunIsGood View Post
I have not purchased the game, but am curious if there is a way to begin the game at the start of the 2018 season now that 2017 is complete. I missed out on playing during the season so it would feel weird the game starting at 2017.

I'm used to playing The Show so wondering if the community here also has updated rosters or saves that can be used to start the year at 2018, but with 2017 stats and updated player ratings taking last year into account. Never played an OOTP game so I have no idea how the save system works or how you even begin franchises in the game.
Updated rosters will not come out until OOTP 19. You could manually make all moves with the 2017 roster but you wont finish until April of 2018 when 19 comes out and
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #3
TheGunIsGood
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Updated rosters will not come out until OOTP 19. You could manually make all moves with the 2017 roster but you wont finish until April of 2018 when 19 comes out and
I did find the September roster update which starts you ar August 31 with most of the correct stats, standings, etc. Is there nothing like this, but starting at the end of the season?
TheGunIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunIsGood View Post
I did find the September roster update which starts you ar August 31 with most of the correct stats, standings, etc. Is there nothing like this, but starting at the end of the season?
No there's not to my knowledge and the September rosters are incomplete to my knowledge. Missing draft picks, some contract info or ratings not right. Theres more info on what it's missing in teh update that for it, thats why I did not recommend it.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

So, you only play 1 season when you buy a baseball game? quit playing in offseason too?

you can start any year in ootp, but obviously you don't ge thte new players... you could ask someone to export players and there are ways to import and re-use existing playerID's (complicated for some). when ootp19 is released you can nag some friends for an exported palyers from an mlb quickstart. of course, those rosters aren't set until closer to opening day, even if ootp is released well before that point. can't get players from teh future in the game without knowing the future!

they don't change the "bits" often, and even if they move existing stuff around, you could mimic that structural change. you need to re-use the existing playerid's from your league -- simply create enough players and copy/paste that playerid column over the intended import file's playerid column. (use an export of your players, then delete after ripping playerid's so you don't get confused which is to be imported)

as far as i know nothing would have to be changed between 17 and 18 regarding a player export and this would have worked (could be wrong, have not compared exported files). if '19 doesn't change too much in this regard you'd be able to use those rosters with a little work on your end and some help from someone who has bought it... not worth the trouble, imo. i just read someone bought 18 as part of abundle for 3games = $1.

so, you could feasibly get the new players, but obviously none of the game improvements.

because ootp is an indie developer or similar, it uses its customer base as debuggers. the game is buggy until may/june and never complete until august or later. if you don't mind changing an arbitrary habit, starting later can be a very good thing for your mental health (frustration! with bugs)

Last edited by NoOne; 11-13-2017 at 12:24 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote