Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #21
MasterLomaxus
Bat Boy

I actually seem to have this problem if I sim more than a day at a time. At the end of my previous season, I tried to sim until the playoffs started. I started getting a ton of injuries.

Out of curiosity, I tried to sim all the way until the draft in June (not simming day by day), and behold, my players started dropping like flies, with major injuries.

I noticed this last year, but I usually don't sim major chunks of seasons, so I didn't think much of it. It is pretty annoying, and I don't believe it to be coincidental.
MasterLomaxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #22
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Tough luck, but these things happen.
Rain King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #23
slic1149
Major Leagues

FWIW, up to 1945 I play with no injuries, from '45 to '75 low injuries, after '75 normal injuries. While I feel sorry for my little ones and zero for getting hurt, in modern day baseball creating a team that can withstand a flurry of injuries is part of the fun and challenge of the game. To me, dealing with several injuries at a time in 2017 is a feature not a bug. There are several different settings for injuries, finding one that fits your play style and expectations should be possible, though it may take a few starts and stutters to do so. If you want to feel better about how realistic injuries are then I would suggest you take a look at the IR list of real teams.

The ***** to the walls way modern day players play the game seems to lend itself to more injuries than in the early days. Pitchers in particular seem to be at risk because they can't really take pitches off. Watch a YouTube video of a game from the 50s and 60s and then contrast it with modern baseball and I think the reason why there are more injuries now than even twenty years ago becomes apparent.

Last edited by slic1149; 08-17-2017 at 05:19 PM.
slic1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #24
MasterLomaxus
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Tough luck, but these things happen.
Nah. It's a little unrealistic for a sim. It would make sense if it were an injury that was a couple of weeks or something. But when half of your team goes down with a torn labrum, in the same month, something's funky. Especially when it happens every single year.

I didn't actually come here to whine. I was coming to see if this was a concern for others, if it really is only me. If it's only me, then I have had some terrible luck with this game over the years.

In order to have a bit more of a productive discussion here, I'll ask this. Does anyone notice any difference in their team injuries, based on their trainer? I went a whole season without a trainer and my team was brutalized by injuries. The next season, I had one, but it was the same thing.

Disclaimer: I exaggerated when I said half of my team.
Attached Images
MasterLomaxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #25
slic1149
Major Leagues

I have been frustrated by injuries at times. That should be the way a GM/Manager feels. My solution has been to try to build a team instead of a lineup and a pitching staff instead of a starting rotation. There are enough options to handle injuries that a player should be able to get the enjoyment out of the game they wish. Normal injuries, I think, are designed to offer a gameplay experience that is challenging. I rarely play with injuries set at modern day levels for the same reason I refuse to bang my head against the wall. YMMV. If one is unhappy with injuries then I think they should experiment with the injury settings.