Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

AI bug or something else?

Hi all,

ok first things first....I'm running a 2017 replay season about a month behind the original season...i'm using all line-ups that they actually use. I am controlling all the transactions and daily line-ups for every team so I'm in GM and Manager mode....here's the situation...i'll do one game at a time...my procedure is as follows...let's say Baltimore is hosting the Red Sox, I'll go to Sox's "Pitching" tab and make sure the right pitcher is on the mound, then i'll go to their "Line-ups" tab and under that i'll "Clear all Depth Charts" i'll then proceed to enter the line-up's for that day whether it be against a lefty or righty....then i'll go to the "7-Day Lineups" tab and load the lineups for the current day. After my lineups and starting pitchers are set for the day i'll go to the "Game" tab and click on "Scores" where now i have the abilty to "Manage" and "Quick-Play" ,the first thing i do is click on "Manage" to check and see if the right lineup and pitchers are correct, then i'll go and "Quick-Play" and after the game i'll check the box score, well this is what happened today...my lineups i entered for Boston on april 23rd 2017 were as follows

1. X. Bogaerts SS
2. A. Benintendi LF
3. M. Betts RF
4. H. Ramirez DH
5. M. Moreland 1B
6. J. Bradley jr CF
7. C. Vazquez C
8. P. Sandoval 3B
9. M. Hernandez 2B

well when i checked the box score it looked like this...

1. X. Bogaerts SS
2. A. Benintendi LF
3. H. Ramirez DH
4. M. Moreland 1B
5. J. Bradley Jr. CF
6. C. Vazquez C
7. C. Young RF
8. P. Sandoval 3B
9. M. Hernandez 2B

it had C. Young playing RF instead of Betts, and also moved the batting line-up too.

this happens in about 1 or 2 games of the 15 that I play a day.

just the other day i brought up John Hicks for the injured Cabrera (on DL)
and had him in the lineup...and in the box score they had Alex avila playing 1st instead of Hicks....so i know it doesn't have anything to do with fatigue. because i always check that before each game too.

btw my settings for 7-Day Lineups are as follows

use 7-day lineups YES
Allow use of alternative lineups No, stick to daily lineups
Allow use of depth chart No starting subs allowed

I also have injuries turned off so i can edit them as they happen in the real 2017 season.

I've also tried not using the 7-day lineups too.
I just want to be as accurate to the season as possible........if anyone has any suggestions on why this happens that would be awesome.
Speiser007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

How are your results matching so far?
gbwitheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speiser007 View Post
btw my settings for 7-Day Lineups are as follows

use 7-day lineups YES
Allow use of alternative lineups No, stick to daily lineups
Allow use of depth chart No starting subs allowed
Well, I was going to mention those settings and I went for a picture of them before I read at the end of your post that you already set them properly.

The only thing that I can add, then, is why use the 7-day lineups at all? You say that you go to the regular lineup every day anyway, so why not turn off 7-day lineups? That would eliminate one source of variation.

I'm not sure how you operate without a depth chart, though. You appear to be simulating every game, not playing it out. The program needs to know who to substitute for injuries and fatigue if you are simulating the game.

So I would use the regular lineup and depth chart but make sure that you have all subs listed as either "Never" or "If starter tired" under Starts. That's a clue, by the way. The game will go ahead and substitute for players if they are fatigued, regardless of how you set your lineup. Once it does a substitution, the game is also free to tinker with the lineup.

So, if you set your depth chart subs as "Never" starting, that may work. However, you need to think about when guys are fatigued, as they do often in modern MLB. How are you going to handle that?

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-19-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

fairly close except for a few teams like Boston they are only 5-14 and then there are the Mets who are 14-4 and Braves 12-6 and Cardinals 13-5 and Twins 13-4 and Houston 14-5

Dozier is in beast mode to start the season batting .425 12 HR's 26 RBI's
Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

yes i Started out the season with putting the players that actually played in the game as subs and i also put the players that came into the game as a pitch hitter and pinch runner....that's when i noticed players starting that weren't supposed to......i also ran into an incident where i had Austin Hedges starting 6 games in a row as catcher just like in the real season (i think it was from April 17th - 22nd ) and they inserted Hector Sanchez. But I'm gonna try the "depth charts subs as never starting for the actual players not supposed to be starting. as with the fatigued players it seems to bring in PH and subs into the game even with the depth charts cleared.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Have you tried going to league setup and clicking on "Set all teams to NOT allow AI roster changes"?

I don't think you should have to going by the description under "Set all teams to controlled by xxx xxxxx" (This is the setting you used I trust?)

Anyway, might be worth trying.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

yes I did that when i began the season
Old 05-20-2017, 02:14 AM   #8
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

ok so i tested using subs and "never" starting and it still starts the subs...especially Texas Rangers Delino Deshields has started twice in two games where he has been set to "never" start...once for Gomez in CF and the next time it was for Odor at 2b. Still confused and irritated i can't actually do a reasonable replay.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ok so i tested using subs and "never" starting and it still starts the subs...especially Texas Rangers Delino Deshields has started twice in two games where he has been set to "never" start...once for Gomez in CF and the next time it was for Odor at 2b. Still confused and irritated i can't actually do a reasonable replay.
When Deshields substituted for Gomez and Odor, were those guys fatigued? I don't think you answered the question that I asked in my previous post about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
The game will go ahead and substitute for players if they are fatigued, regardless of how you set your lineup. Once it does a substitution, the game is also free to tinker with the lineup.

So, if you set your depth chart subs as "Never" starting, that may work. However, you need to think about when guys are fatigued, as they do often in modern MLB. How are you going to handle that?
Keep a close eye on your daily lineup and see what players are fatigued (their names will be shown in light brown). Then see if the game substitutes for those guys in the lineup. If you think fatigue is causing your issue, then use one or both of these settings to eliminate fatigue:
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-20-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #10
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

By the way, I've been working with you on the assumption that your only source of unhappiness has been that the game is not using the actual starting lineup that you recreate every day. As I have pointed out, it may be due to the game adjusting for player fatigue; eliminate that and you may be successful.

However, portions of this post have me a bit troubled:
Quote:
yes i Started out the season with putting the players that actually played in the game as subs and i also put the players that came into the game as a pitch hitter and pinch runner....that's when i noticed players starting that weren't supposed to......i also ran into an incident where i had Austin Hedges starting 6 games in a row as catcher just like in the real season (i think it was from April 17th - 22nd ) and they inserted Hector Sanchez. But I'm gonna try the "depth charts subs as never starting for the actual players not supposed to be starting. as with the fatigued players it seems to bring in PH and subs into the game even with the depth charts cleared.
If you think that OOTPB is going to recreate each game exactly as it happened a month ago, including using PH's, RP's, and other subs during the game, you are going to be sorely disappointed. You can get the game to start the way you want, perhaps, but once you hit the sim button, it's up to the game to do what it "thinks" is right. Just saying, to save us any more time here.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 05-20-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #11
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

I thought the same thing too, but No those guys were 92 % rested and 100 % rested.....it seems like there is a clause or something that automatically puts a substitute after so many days of not playing...even though the subs say "never" by them..I just want the STARTING lineup to be the same.....and as for PH and PR, i'm cool with those not being exact because of different outcomes.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #12
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

If you are still out there and looking for a solution to your issue, the back part of this sentence from Markus Heinsohn caught my eye. It's from the post in which he released today's hotfix patch (18.5.56):
Quote:
Unfortunately, the previous update (18.5.54) introduced several issues related to the DL and also had a problem with 7-day lineups.
Maybe you want to update with this patch and then give 7-day lineups another try. Here's the link to the hotfix patch thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=278611

- Bru

Old 05-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #13
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
If you are still out there and looking for a solution to your issue, the back part of this sentence from Markus Heinsohn caught my eye. It's from the post in which he released today's hotfix patch (18.5.56):

Maybe you want to update with this patch and then give 7-day lineups another try. Here's the link to the hotfix patch thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=278611
Yes, I was just going to suggest this!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #14
Speiser007
Minors (Single A)

Yes i just saw that too...going to try it out
Old 05-29-2017, 11:43 PM   #15
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yeah, that's fatigue.. cna tell by catch, like bru said..

either reduce it or live with how it works if you still wnat players to take days off due to fatigue..

i can say from experience if you go 1-notch up fro default (which i think is "low") for positional fatigue, a C can go ~150games, and all the other fieldes should play ~162, there could be exceptions in LF / SS. for some reason i think LF fatigues faster than CF, but this is an old memory, verify that last part.

one up from average or normal hsould make all play 162 without fear of fatigue taking them out...

Even if you force start, gm-legacy mode, weak-willed coach etc etc... fatigue will cause them to be subbed for eventually. approaching 0% fatigue feedback. not sure where the cut-off line is, but you could deduce that, if you want.

Last edited by NoOne; 05-29-2017 at 11:44 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote