Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
Jellio
New User

AI Trade logic / settings

Hi, first post

I've been enjoying OOTP but the AI Trade logic seems way off. I don't control either team, but my game just had this June trade between the 33-43 Padres and the division leading 47-29 Phillies

The Phillies traded their best player for a mediocre reliever. The Padres, who are in rebuild mode and have low chances of making a run, traded for an elite player in the last year of his contract.

What settings can/should I change to fix this, it's taking the enjoyment out of the game...
Jellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

There are many factors that could cause this deal. Maybe the player simply refuses to negotiate an extension with the Phillies and they are just trying to get something more than nothing for him (Which is what they will likely get if he walks as a Free Agent)

Maybe the player is causing disruption in the Clubhouse

maybe he doesn't get along with the Manager etc...etc...

All scouts see things differently, maybe the Phillies scout sees something that your scout doesn't. You can't look at every deal from a perspective of "Would I make that deal?" If everyone evaluated players the same, OOTP would be a pretty boring.

With that being said, you can up the trading difficulty or change how the AI evaluates players/prospects

Game/ game settings / AI settings
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
buckeye22
Major Leagues

Steven Moya is batting .319 in June of any season?

That's a bug.
buckeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #4
Ghost Town
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye22 View Post

That's a bug.
Nice!
Ghost Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
There are many factors that could cause this deal. Maybe the player simply refuses to negotiate an extension with the Phillies and they are just trying to get something more than nothing for him (Which is what they will likely get if he walks as a Free Agent)

Maybe the player is causing disruption in the Clubhouse

maybe he doesn't get along with the Manager etc...etc...

All scouts see things differently, maybe the Phillies scout sees something that your scout doesn't. You can't look at every deal from a perspective of "Would I make that deal?" If everyone evaluated players the same, OOTP would be a pretty boring.

With that being said, you can up the trading difficulty or change how the AI evaluates players/prospects

Game/ game settings / AI settings
sorry, but noone would make such a deal. i understand trading players in their walk year. however, not if
A) you are in contention for the playoffs. and the PHI record seems promising
B) someone hitting above .300 with 22 HR by june would create lots of interest. certainly not a pitcher with a skyhigh ERA in pitcherpark SD

i cant see any reasonable situation in which that trade would take place

remember, the yankees got for a halfyear loan of 39year old Beltran a decent haul

Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #6
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye22 View Post

That's a bug.
actually the way i read it he hit .319 for the season so far

Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

and people wonder why i stick to at least ~60% ratings in the player ai evaluation.

this sort of thing makes me want to crank it up more for the AI, lol.

although, i have seen moya develop, albeit last year's game... he's basically the same, still. he'll strike out 200+ times but 50/50 he has an okay career (relative to all, not the best players). he's a bit old for a rookie, though.

gausman is no sure thing, but definitely better... in RL it would never happen, but moya is nowhere near is good in RL as he is in the video game...

with RL players, i'd suggest looking at any list without names you learn about some bias you never knew you had.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-14-2017 at 07:27 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #8
Benz0709
Minors (Rookie Ball)

AI Trade logic / settings

Just started a new standard game tonight, before opening day white sox traded Nate Jones to the Dodgers for Chase Utley. Ridiculously unrealistic considering Nate Jones is regarded as one of the best non-closing relievers in baseball right now and Utley is far distanced from relevance. In-game ratings reflect this, Utley is 20 some OVR and Jones is 70. Absolutely zero logic to this computer generated move. Maybe OOTP are dodgers fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Benz0709; 04-17-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Benz0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #9
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz0709 View Post
Just started a new standard game tonight, before opening day white sox traded Nate Jones to the Dodgers for Chase Utley. Ridiculously unrealistic considering Nate Jones is regarded as one of the best non-closing relievers in baseball right now and Utley is far distanced from relevance. In-game ratings reflect this, Utley is 20 some OVR and Jones is 70. Absolutely zero logic to this computer generated move. Maybe OOTP are dodgers fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The game does not see the names we know. Was this deal a straight up deal or was there money also kept. My thoughts would be Moncada went down for White Sox and they needed a 2B ASAP in there thought and had to give up Jones.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #10
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
The game does not see the names we know. Was this deal a straight up deal or was there money also kept. My thoughts would be Moncada went down for White Sox and they needed a 2B ASAP in there thought and had to give up Jones.
but the WS are no contender. as rebuilding team you do not give up a good piece for a 37? year old way past his prime...you simply sign some FAs that are still on the market

Old 04-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #11
Benz0709
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
I know they do not see names, but they should see ratings which are clearly lopsided. No cash involved, and Moncada is on the ML roster.
Benz0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #12
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

RL MLB History is full of lopsided trades, Why should OOTP be any different?

Ed Taubensee for Kenny Lofton anyone?

Delino Shields for Pedro Martinez?

Babe Ruth for 100k?

Curt Schilling, Pete Harnisch and Steve Finlay for Glen Davis?

Sammy Sosa for Harold Baines?

Cubs Trade Lou Brock for a big pile of garbage?

etc.....etc...etc...
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 04-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #13
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

The reality of the situation is, this is a no-win situation for Marcus and Company. No matter what the default trade logic is set to someone will complain.

There has never been a version of OOTP produced that didn't have a thread like this one and there never will be!

This is why we have the ability to tune things like Trade difficulty, trading preference and AI evaluation of players.
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 04-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #14
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz0709 View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that ratings are relative to their position, but some positions are just worth more than others. Relievers are bottom of the barrel generally...a 5 star reliever is worth nowhere near a five star position player or SP.

Not to excuse this trade, I agree it's a bad one...but I'm sure it's part of the explanation.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote