Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 03-01-2024, 06:55 AM   #21
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

I believe there will be, that’s why I’m on the fence each year to buy the new iteration. Temptations and all that…
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 07:51 AM   #22
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's a lot of really nice historical updates this year
Would you care to elaborate?
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:54 AM   #23
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
Would you care to elaborate?
I talked about them in the interview. We've put a lot of effort into all the ratings, even down to trying to nitpick on infield popups and everything else, to get the stats lining up. Not to mention also some streamlining of the historical wizard, fixing up some other settings, and multiple other changes and fixes.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 10:17 AM   #24
jcard
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
I talked about them in the interview. We've put a lot of effort into all the ratings, even down to trying to nitpick on infield popups and everything else, to get the stats lining up. Not to mention also some streamlining of the historical wizard, fixing up some other settings, and multiple other changes and fixes.
“a lot of effort” … “all of the ratings” … “pops and everything else” “some streamlining” … “some other settings” … “other changes and fixes” … …

Thanks for, uh, “elaborating”.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:50 AM   #25
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard View Post
“a lot of effort” … “all of the ratings” … “pops and everything else” “some streamlining” … “some other settings” … “other changes and fixes” … …

Thanks for, uh, “elaborating”.
lol. Communication not their strong suit
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:51 PM   #26
igor7111
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastGuy View Post
Historical mode is where I spend 99% of my playing time. (So, I hope it's improved.)

Same here.
igor7111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 07:37 PM   #27
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Suggest we have a dedicated historical play thread on the 'suggestions for future versions' board. For one it keeps everything in the same place, but also the longer it is the more it'll show how many of us are interested in historical play.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 01:01 AM   #28
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

For historical ratings, we've reworked the historical fielding, babip, and catcher framing, among others, for historical players. That's not including all the work that we've put into the regular batter and pitcher ratings and potentials too.

For stats areas, we've put in a lot of work to better represent basically everything in the game, from bunting rates to the stolen base modifiers to ground out/air out ratios, both at individual and league levels. Again, not even counting general improvements to the game engine.

We've also put a lot of effort into getting baserunner advancement to a better state, both historical and modern day, which helps a lot better balance the overall run environments.

As I said, there's a lot here, for individual player seasons, for team season results, and for the league as a whole.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:25 AM   #29
iridescence93
Bat Boy

Quote:
For historical ratings, we've reworked the historical fielding, babip, and catcher framing, among others, for historical players. That's not including all the work that we've put into the regular batter and pitcher ratings and potentials too.

For stats areas, we've put in a lot of work to better represent basically everything in the game, from bunting rates to the stolen base modifiers to ground out/air out ratios, both at individual and league levels. Again, not even counting general improvements to the game engine.

We've also put a lot of effort into getting baserunner advancement to a better state, both historical and modern day, which helps a lot better balance the overall run environments.

As I said, there's a lot here, for individual player seasons, for team season results, and for the league as a whole.

As someone who only really uses the hisstorical mode this is very cool
iridescence93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:29 AM   #30
uruguru
All Star Reserve

Quote:
There's a lot of really nice historical updates this year

Omg don't tease us, man. Spit it out!

edit: man I have to learn to read the rest of the thread before responding. Thanks, Matt!

Last edited by uruguru; 03-05-2024 at 03:01 PM.
uruguru is offline   Reply With Quote