Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
shawntowler
Bat Boy

Angry historical players

I am trying to add historical players to my draft, but every time it takes me to database menu, I can not find the folder to download the players from. The help menu says what folder to pick but it is not on the list ANYWHERE. Really frustrating to the point that I almost want my money back. If I dont find solution to this problem, I feel I have wasted 40 dollars
shawntowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntowler View Post
I am trying to add historical players to my draft, but every time it takes me to database menu, I can not find the folder to download the players from. The help menu says what folder to pick but it is not on the list ANYWHERE. Really frustrating to the point that I almost want my money back. If I dont find solution to this problem, I feel I have wasted 40 dollars

don't know what set up you have, but if you are playing a historical game .... go to Game Settings> Historical.

there should be abox to check that says "Automatically Import Historical Rookies"

if you have a draft set up (that is under game settings> rules) but only can be check in the off season - then the historical rookies will go into the draft pool the year they first came into leagues. If you do not have the draft set up, they will appear on the teams they first played for in the correct year. They appear on the players designated for assignment the first day of the off season.

If you are looking to actually import those players to your game.... you need to go to the transaction page of the game. on the far right is a box that says available actions. The import historical players is there, but you need to know his Lehman's ID number for that to work. it's complicated but doable. i have a very complex tutorial i pieced together if you need it - very large tho and it's for Sprite's data base, but works for the default one as well.. i wouldn't recommend that way to go unless you missed a specific player and wanted to add him. (BigRod has an importer tool in the mods add-ons that will help you find the player ID). The best way, i think, is to simply import historical rookies box. I have only played historical games, so don't know if it would work in any other settings.

goods luck. hope this helps.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 05-15-2016 at 11:22 AM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #3
shawntowler
Bat Boy

thanks, I will try that
shawntowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:29 PM   #4
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You can get the Lehman id's for historical major league players by going to Baseballreference.com (which EVERY baseball fan should visit daily!). The id shows up in the address bar of your browser, for example I picked, at random, Carlos Zambrano. The address bar reads 404 - File Not Found | Baseball-Reference.com his id is zambrca01. You can import players by going to the league/player info/free agents page and, if you are in commissioner mode, you can import a player via "available actions." You'll be asked to select the database, and this can be a challenge to find. It seems every time I've updated the game to a new season (e.g., 16 to 17) I've had to re-locate it and I can never remember where I found it the time before. When you do import, make sure you get the id entered exactly, and set the year you want--if you want the old Babe Ruth, you'd use, say, 1934. If you want the pitching stud Babe Ruth, you'd use 1915 or 1916. I'm not sure, in that case, how he'd import as a hitter compared to, say, the 1927 Babe Ruth.
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:29 PM   #5
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well, that didn't work pasting the address bar for Zambrano's page. Sorry about that. It should have read "baseball-reference.com/players/z/zambrca01.shtml".

Last edited by MarkJ; 06-01-2016 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Error in input
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:41 AM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntowler View Post
You need to navigate to ootp's Stats folder and then select the historical_database.odb file.
If you have a mac, then it's probably hidden...Sorry, but I've never used a mac and I can't remember the procedure to access those folders. Search the forum and you'll find it.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote