Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #81
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
When Tanaka opts out of his deal after the 2017 season, he only has 4 years of service time so the game thinks he should be going to arbitration. However, he has a clause that he has to be granted free agency if he opts out, so this is given him a full two extra years of team control that the Yankees do not actually have. Any way to fix this?
He could be given 6y 0d of service time (technically in error) in order to fix this issue.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #82
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

In the new patch, there are a few players with nonsensical fielding ratings (3B with high OF Error, etc.)

In particular, J.D. Nielsen (RP, Los Angeles A AZL) might need to be looked at. He's listed as playing 0.0 innings at pitcher in 2016 when he actually pitched 15.0 innings, which may be the cause of his ratings issue.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #83
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

Dont know if this is actually a roster issue but once again Joe Kelly is listed as being "Very Popular" which really makes no sense. Also Tim Tebow should probably not be listed as unknown as we all know hes gonna put asses in seats in minor league parks.
Masson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #84
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masson26 View Post
Dont know if this is actually a roster issue but once again Joe Kelly is listed as being "Very Popular" which really makes no sense. Also Tim Tebow should probably not be listed as unknown as we all know hes gonna put asses in seats in minor league parks.
Unfortunately we still can't edit popularity. We're going to have to get that fixed sooner or later, but for now it's later

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #85
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman View Post
Not a big deal what so ever but Tim Tebow is listed as Filipino first and American second. He was born in the Philippines, yes, but nobody would consider him Filipino. I know this has came up before for other players (Edwin Jackson listed as German). Now that there can be dual nationalities maybe it would be wise to switch the order to American first?

Awesome work guys!
Probably a good idea!

Old 03-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #86
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Tampa Bay

IF - Brad Miller is expected to start at 2b, as well as play some 1b and maybe SS. Consider increasing his 2b rating/experience (only at a "2" on the 2/8 scale), and decreasing slightly SS rating, as well as decrease range (noted for not being a good defender)

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...75&position=SS

Matt Duffy is expected to start at SS once back from injury. Consider slightly increasing SS experience.

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/team/de...ex.jsp?c_id=tb

Consider improving Nick Franklin RF experience slightly/slated to be potential backup at 2b, 1b, RF.

Consider RF experience for OF Mallex Smith (expected to be backup in LF and CF, but will probably get some time in RF at some point due to speed/defense)

Remove CF rating from Rickie Weeks and add experience at 1b - he's expected to possibly be a RH option at 1b. Also very poor defender in OF - consider lowering RF/LF experience and/or range.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/219574...ng-day-roster/
Bumping again to keep on radar
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #87
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Arrgh, I'll get to it eventually, I promise!

Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #88
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
He could be given 6y 0d of service time (technically in error) in order to fix this issue.
That's what I'll do.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #89
nico1270
Minors (Triple A)

Ariel Hechavarria (Isla de la Juventud) and Ariel Echavarria (Industriales) are the same player. Ariel was loaned in 2015, and played for Isla de la Juventud but in 2016 he came back to Industriales.

Suggestion: Move the one from Isla to Industriales and remove the one without H as he has no history at all.

Also, he should have some LF rating as he played mostly that position 2016. He is still considered an utility guy.
nico1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #90
BoomerSoonerAMH
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
When Tanaka opts out of his deal after the 2017 season, he only has 4 years of service time so the game thinks he should be going to arbitration. However, he has a clause that he has to be granted free agency if he opts out, so this is given him a full two extra years of team control that the Yankees do not actually have. Any way to fix this?
I believe the same issue applies to Yu Darvish, who will be a free agent after the 2017, but is listed as arbitration eligible. Darvish, however, should have 6 years of service time at the end of the 2017 season, so maybe his situation resolves itself.

The problem with artificially increasing service time to "fix" this for Tanaka is that it will bring them closer to 10/5 status. If The Yankees resign Tanaka to a 5 year deal (or longer), they won't be able to trade him with his approval after the 4th year because he'll have 10/5 status even though he would only have 9 years of real service time at the end of said 5 year deal.
BoomerSoonerAMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #91
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSoonerAMH View Post
The problem with artificially increasing service time to "fix" this for Tanaka is that it will bring them closer to 10/5 status. If The Yankees resign Tanaka to a 5 year deal (or longer), they won't be able to trade him with his approval after the 4th year because he'll have 10/5 status even though he would only have 9 years of real service time at the end of said 5 year deal.
Yeah, it's not a perfect solution, but I think it's the better of the alternatives.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #92
LeeDorm8185
Minors (Double A)

Former OOTP player here trying to get back into it after not playing much the past 3-4 years (although I did buy the game each year). FWIW I don't see Doug Fister listed anywhere as a player, and I think Mark Buerhle and David DeJesus both retired recently.
LeeDorm8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #93
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDorm8185 View Post
Former OOTP player here trying to get back into it after not playing much the past 3-4 years (although I did buy the game each year). FWIW I don't see Doug Fister listed anywhere as a player, and I think Mark Buerhle and David DeJesus both retired recently.
Fister's there for sure, try a search!

Fixed Buehrle and DeJesus as well.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #94
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Ok, finally got to all of this. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #95
LeeDorm8185
Minors (Double A)

I'll look again for Fister again when I get home, but if he's in there I definitely missed him.
LeeDorm8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #96
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDorm8185 View Post
I'll look again for Fister again when I get home, but if he's in there I definitely missed him.
He's there

Everyone's there, even the most obscure DSL guys. We're definitely not missing any MLB players

Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #97
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
This is exactly what I did, but for some reason that made it so that I couldn't offer him the Qualifying Offer and get a draft pick for him when he signs elsewhere
mcssports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #98
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

P Alex Cobb (TB)

Consider bumping injury proneness from normal to prone

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/alex-cobb-player-injuries

If he could ever pitch over 200 IP, he's a 3+ WAR pitcher. He's more #2-3 than #4-5 type pitcher (again, if ever healthy).

Consider increasing stamina (averaged 6 IP in career) from at least a "5" to a 6+

Consider increase in stuff
Career K rate is 7.7, in OOTP at 6.9
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #99
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

David Palmer (Former Expos pitcher) was ID'd wrong in the 17 game ...and in the 18 game. You can find the correct Palmer if you use his minor league ID but not his major league ID
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 PM   #100
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSoonerAMH View Post
I believe the same issue applies to Yu Darvish, who will be a free agent after the 2017, but is listed as arbitration eligible. Darvish, however, should have 6 years of service time at the end of the 2017 season, so maybe his situation resolves itself.

started a save with Texas and Darvish does go to arbitration after the first season
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote