Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:07 AM   #21
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

?
Old 07-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #22
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

Add me to the chorus wanting to see this issue fixed. I wish I had read these forums before taking advantage of the all-star deal. I am still playing with 2014 while 2015 sits unused...
Old 07-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #23
IAmC
Major Leagues

This definitely warrants a fix of some type as a high priority. Although I understand about the allocation of your developers, the optics of OOTP being on Patch #6 are not good for those who only have a crippled MLB Manager.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:56 PM   #24
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

My advice: stop releasing games for mobile if you're going to abandon them like these. Year after year this happens, but this is first time I've purchased the game and have had to go back to a previous year's release. Really wish I could have played MLBM15...
Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #25
BradC
All Star Starter

I'm sorry, all. I understand your frustration, but I don't see the sense in pestering Sebastian, as that won't help anything. Since we're still waiting on the final FHM 2014 update, along with FHM 2, I assume he wants to remain focused on those tasks and will switch back to MLB Manager once that's done. (But I admit I don't know how much bug fixing will need to be done after FHM 2 is released.)
Old 07-21-2015, 10:55 PM   #26
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

I am completely fine with you assuming he won't fix it, rather than just asking him.

Another PR win for OOTP!
Old 07-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #27
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Before I say anything else, I'll say this: I love this game and I know it has taken a tremendous amount of work to get it into its current form. Sebastian has done quality work on this. Sebastian deserves a lot of praise for investing so much of his time and effort developing MLBM.

OK, with that out of the way, here are my observations:
  • Sebastian's (and OOTP Developments') priority is the PC/Mac platform. Not iOS or Android.
  • Sebastian has been working very, very hard to resolve all the issues and fallout from the FHM release, which was unfortunately a bit of a debacle and required countless developer hours to fix.
  • Sebastian has reminded us repeatedly that MLBM (and iOOTP before that) does not generate enough revenue for him to make anything approaching fair compensation for his work.
  • Because of this, and the situation with FHM, it is extremely unlikely that Sebastian will be able (or willing) to create numerous updates to address the issues in MLBM. MLBM is very close to being "finished," but it's clear to anyone who plays the game for any length of time that it lacks polish and has obvious bugs (screen orientation issue, lack of access to 'Documents' folder on iOS, etc).
  • However, the game is playable and enjoyable in its current form.
To me, it seems like OOTP Dev's tablet strategy is to create a "toy" version of the much more sophisticated PC/Mac game, and MLBM is prioritized as a product accordingly. While I understand that the continued support of early generations of iPad/iPhone and Android devices means that new features are necessarily limited by the hardware, I would hate to see the game limited to "toy" status forever, especially now that "Football Manager Classic" has been released for the tablet platform, and FMC is really only slightly less complicated than its PC/Mac parent. (I don't necessarily agree that MLBM should become that complicated/deep, but it shows that the tablet platform can certainly support feature-rich simulation games.)

Bottom line is that until Sebastian can extract himself from the ongoing challenges with FHM, it is unlikely that we will see any updates to MLBM. I hope I'm wrong. The simple truth of the matter is that the OOTP studio cannot support the hiring of a dedicated resource for MLBM, so we'll just have to accept that and be thankful that we have a game this good to play, even if it makes some of us frustrated at times with its limitations and bugs.

Last edited by sfnate; 07-22-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:22 PM   #28
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

Having bought previous seasons but now being unable to bring them to the latest version, I can't bring myself to be so forgiving.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #29
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

C'mon guys, let's all feel sorry for a company that refuses to hire adequate staff in order to maintain the integrity of their products!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:04 PM   #30
IAmC
Major Leagues

It's not that they're refusing to hire someone as much as it simply would not make economic sense for them to do so at this point. They're a small company that is unfortunately overextended.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:12 PM   #31
BradC
All Star Starter

I can follow up again after FHM 2 is released. As a very small company, though, our resources are maxed out, and we don't have the budgets of companies like EA or Sports Interactive. The fact that FM sells about 1m copies worldwide every year means SI has a lot of luxury in their budgets and can devote resources to their mobile games. We're nowhere near that sales level, unfortunately. If we were, I'm sure Markus would bring in a developer or two in a heartbeat.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #32
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I can follow up again after FHM 2 is released. As a very small company, though, our resources are maxed out, and we don't have the budgets of companies like EA or Sports Interactive. The fact that FM sells about 1m copies worldwide every year means SI has a lot of luxury in their budgets and can devote resources to their mobile games. We're nowhere near that sales level, unfortunately. If we were, I'm sure Markus would bring in a developer or two in a heartbeat.
Maybe don't overextend yourself, then? Easy solution. Quit making games you refuse to provide adequate service for.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:35 PM   #33
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Could you, at the very least, let us know if there is one more planned update to this game this season? If so, is there any chance either of this issues is going to be addressed?

Seems like that info is easy attainable. Do they know about these issues? Are they planning on fixing this? Could you just "bother them" once and find the answer to those two questions?
Old 08-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #34
BradC
All Star Starter

Unfortunately, there's no update on this right now, because Sebastian is still working on FHM 2.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:24 AM   #35
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's no update on this right now, because Sebastian is still working on FHM 2.
I understand that, but it's a simple one sentence email -- is there one last planned update for this game, or not?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:55 PM   #36
BradC
All Star Starter

Unfortunately, with the pressure on him to get FHM 2 done, his focus is 100% on that game and I can't ask him about anything else at the moment. Sorry, but that's the situation right now and I don't expect it to change for a while.

Once he's done with FHM 2 and any post-release tasks for that game, he will need to take a well-deserved break.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:53 AM   #37
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Unfortunately, with the pressure on him to get FHM 2 done, his focus is 100% on that game and I can't ask him about anything else at the moment. Sorry, but that's the situation right now and I don't expect it to change for a while.

Once he's done with FHM 2 and any post-release tasks for that game, he will need to take a well-deserved break.
You have one job to do here, Brad, and you're absolutely horrible at it.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #38
BradC
All Star Starter

Thanks for the helpful response. I can't respond to a question that I don't know the answer to, and I can't get an answer to that question at the moment because of where the company's focus is right now.

So, I'm supposed to do what, exactly?
Old 10-03-2015, 11:19 PM   #39
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thanks for the helpful response. I can't respond to a question that I don't know the answer to, and I can't get an answer to that question at the moment because of where the company's focus is right now.

So, I'm supposed to do what, exactly?
You're supposed to email the guy and ask if there are any plans to release an update to this game.

It's 2015, Brad, an email takes about 30 seconds out of each person's day. No excuse anymore to wait on simple questions like this.

Also, in the future, try and make your pithy responses a little more timely, alright?
Old 10-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #40
Texasborn
Major Leagues

Can't Add Stadiums or Transfer 2014 Seasons to MLBM '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespungo View Post
You're supposed to email the guy and ask if there are any plans to release an update to this game.

It's 2015, Brad, an email takes about 30 seconds out of each person's day. No excuse anymore to wait on simple questions like this.

Also, in the future, try and make your pithy responses a little more timely, alright?

This may not be may place,but the more you hound,complain,and be rude to these people,the less likely they are of doing anything to improve the game for you.
Closed Thread