Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-23-2011, 01:14 AM   #161
Matty86
Major Leagues

Thanked 43x in 27 posts
This is the best thread that I've ever seen on this site!!! Not to take anything away from the baseball series, but I've been waiting for this post since I got into text based sims!
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #162
louise
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
wow cool, i can help with Netherlands Ice Hockey League email if you want help!
louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #163
CardinalsFan
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 5x in 3 posts
Is international hockey (Olympics, etc) represented like FM does?
CardinalsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #164
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanked 7,178x in 1,791 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
Is international hockey (Olympics, etc) represented like FM does?
It is present in our design but so far not coded into the game. If it makes the cut for the first version is hard to tell but worst case would be a move back to an update or version 2.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-24-2011)
Old 10-24-2011, 02:47 AM   #165
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,025x in 1,031 posts
I cannot express the sheer awesomosity of this news. Next to baseball, hockey is my favorite team sport. Last year a friend and I took a trip that included both the hockey and baseball halls of fame. I was in heaven. I'll be happy to lend a hand to the project in any way I can.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Muppetus Galacticus (10-24-2011)
Old 10-24-2011, 04:02 AM   #166
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 60x in 31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It is present in our design but so far not coded into the game. If it makes the cut for the first version is hard to tell but worst case would be a move back to an update or version 2.
This is something I'd like to see incorporated into OOTP 13. I'd really like to create international baseball teams...

But, that's not likely to happen I'm afraid. Thus, my international hopes and dreams rest on your shoulders. Don't let me down!
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-24-2011)
Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #167
Hoiles
Major Leagues

Thanked 108x in 62 posts
How is the NHL Draft handled? You can have the "official" CSB rankings, sort of like the Baseball America Top 100 prospects as in OOTP. There would be some American HS and European prospects that might not be in playable leagues. As such, the World Junior Championships would be nice to have in the game too, eventually at least.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #168
hluraven
Major Leagues

Thanked 95x in 67 posts
Is the idea longer term to get an iPhone/Pad version as well or am I getting way ahead of myself? I always thought EHM without the in-game graphics could work as well as iOOTP and at the lower price could sell well
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #169
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,478x in 844 posts
I'm really lokking forward to this game - the only thing I don't like is that we have to wait another year for this game to be released
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #170
derek412
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 21x in 8 posts
Good deal, and the thing is: you have little competition really. Faceoff Hockey isn't really competition because its graphically sparse, is played inside of a tiny window, and has no career mode at all.

If you guys need any help with design/testing/whatever (i'm into Hockey, and have been an indie game designer for over 12 years having worked on several sports projects for various companies), feel free to message me.
derek412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #171
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 174x in 157 posts
I am looking forward to this project and watching its progression. I am currently a Front Office Football, Eastside Hockey Manager and of course a OOTP player and look forward to adding this one...
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #172
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 202x in 133 posts
I can't wait to see how this game develops.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #173
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanked 7,178x in 1,791 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
Is the idea longer term to get an iPhone/Pad version as well or am I getting way ahead of myself? I always thought EHM without the in-game graphics could work as well as iOOTP and at the lower price could sell well
One step after another but yes, longterm a mobile version (with our iOOTP knowledge) would make a lot of sense.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
hluraven (10-24-2011)
Old 10-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #174
rdomico
All Star Reserve

Thanked 40x in 28 posts
I have a general question.

One thing I really like about baseball as a text sim is the amount of stats I could use to evaluate my players. I don't need to watch the game to know if a players is hitting.
I own Front Office Football and I like the game. The problem I always have is how to properly evaluate my players. How do I know if my right guard is playing well? I see some of the same issues with hockey. How do I evaluate my defensive defensemen? Obviously goal scorers are easy. If they score, they are doing their job. I don't own Football Manger. How does it help you evaluate guys? I don't have a great deal of knowledge about soccer, but it seems to me that their would not be a great deal of stats to help you.

Hope that makes sense.
rdomico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #175
hluraven
Major Leagues

Thanked 95x in 67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdomico View Post
I have a general question.

One thing I really like about baseball as a text sim is the amount of stats I could use to evaluate my players. I don't need to watch the game to know if a players is hitting.
I own Front Office Football and I like the game. The problem I always have is how to properly evaluate my players. How do I know if my right guard is playing well? I see some of the same issues with hockey. How do I evaluate my defensive defensemen? Obviously goal scorers are easy. If they score, they are doing their job. I don't own Football Manger. How does it help you evaluate guys? I don't have a great deal of knowledge about soccer, but it seems to me that their would not be a great deal of stats to help you.

Hope that makes sense.
FM gives you an "average rating" for every player, every game. It's out of 10, so if your defender gets a 7 for example, he has played well. EHM did much the same, although it did tend to under-rate defensive minded players
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #176
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 20x in 18 posts
How about OOTPB ( Out of The Penalty Box). Not sure if that got said already.
As for this announcement I am stoked, as a long time hockey fan I'm greatly anticipating this since the end of EHM, and im thrilled a high quality developer is taking this on.Almost more then my upcoming wedding!!
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-24-2011)
Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #177
erikthered
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 51x in 31 posts
I can't wait for this to come out. If you need any testing or anything like that, sign me up. I wish I knew more details about players and leagues outside of the NHL and AHL, but I can help with research/ratings for those if needed.
erikthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #178
Vinny P.
Banned

Thanked 130x in 102 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
OOTP Hockey game...WHAAA??

Heh, I finally decided to head out of the bubby-hole of the OTD forum where I was trapped for the past couple of months, and discover this! What a joy! lol.

Anyway, I haven't read through this thread (other than the OP,) so I dunno if someone else said this, but:

What about "Out of the Rink?" Or "Out of the Arena?"

(btw, I would much rather OOTD work on creating an ITP 2.....*hint, hint* )
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:51 AM   #179
MacPhal
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Wow! can't wait! I can't wait to hear details on the money side of things. Will the Salary cap change each year, will there be much difference in GMing a big market team and a small market team.

Also player development. How will scouting\development work? Will it be like the money slider OOTP way or scouts/coachs in the EHM/FM games?

I'm not looking for these questions to be answered now, but this will be the type of things ill be looking for as the game develops.

I wish i was good at coding, or had better knowledge of the Euro leagues so i can help out. I will be more then happy to help beta the economic side of the game thou.

Good luck and can't wait!
MacPhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #180
OutS|der
All Star Starter

Thanked 460x in 311 posts
will this include historical or online like OOTP does now or will it just be the modern league?
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote