Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

OMG Gimme a break already with this dude!!

My team has 15 perfects and all diamonds and yet in three seasons this TINY dude beats me NON STOP !!!! I'm tired of it - don't matter who I pitch against him - this is suspect to say the least. But then again you look at his win totals and he's usually hovering around.500 even wins and losses - I just can't stand this dude anymore - seriously.
Attached Images
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

59 for STUFF - CMON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
59 for STUFF - CMON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be the mean forkball......
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

So you have 15 perfects and that insidious tiny gold pitcher is sticking it to you? I must say, I am rooting for the insidious tiny gold pitcher.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:55 PM   #5
Weaseltail
Minors (Double A)

I love the Tiny guy! Have had him on two teams and he punches well above his weight, especially if you have a good D and the right park.
Weaseltail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #6
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
So you have 15 perfects and that insidious tiny gold pitcher is sticking it to you? I must say, I am rooting for the insidious tiny gold pitcher.
CMON MAN - ok so maybe a couple of times but over a 3 now 4 season period - it's like he is unhittable - RUTH, DIMAGGIO, BONDS, MANTLE, TED WILLIAMS, TY COBB, HONUS WAGNER, GEORGE BRETT - They are all no match for this dude - shouldn't it be a PERFECT 100 card instead of an 89??
Old 12-24-2018, 06:24 PM   #7
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
15 perfects

Quote:
My team has 15 perfects and all diamonds and yet in three seasons this TINY dude beats me NON STOP !!!! I'm tired of it - don't matter who I pitch against him - this is suspect to say the least. But then again you look at his win totals and he's usually hovering around.500 even wins and losses - I just can't stand this dude anymore - seriously.

And to say my Louisiana brethren, but I hope I'm never in same league as you. There needs to be special leagues for your strength of teams. I look at my team, compare them to their real life doppelgangers & my Perfect is no comparison. The real life players are way better than my cards team. BIG TIME NOT EVEN CLOSE.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #8
shockenawe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It turns out that this game is about more than buying players off the auction house based on their overall ratings and then auto-winning games. I'm sure everyone feels so bad for you
shockenawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #9
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
If it makes you feel better he died at age 36 after routine surgery.
You know....with your first world problems and all.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:57 PM   #10
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

15 Perfects and you can't win?

Clearly there's nothing wrong with your players. Mr. Steinbrenner says, "You're fired, Billy!"

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #11
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
If it makes you feel better he died at age 36 after routine surgery.
You know....with your first world problems and all.
I find researching all these guys so very interesting and you mentioned that in another thread. Read up on Miller Huggins, he managed probably the greatest baseball team ever.....died awefully young also, although not at 36.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #12
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockenawe View Post
It turns out that this game is about more than buying players off the auction house based on their overall ratings and then auto-winning games. I'm sure everyone feels so bad for you
settle down killer - everyone thinks they know everything about baseball or who buys what or because a team has so many perfects or good cards that they "bought" their way to a winning team and thus we know nothing or could care less about baseball, this game, and it's inner workings. Geeez gimme a break dude - Ive been playing this game for 17 years - and you have no idea how I procured the players I have.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #13
shockenawe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
settle down killer - everyone thinks they know everything about baseball or who buys what or because a team has so many perfects or good cards that they "bought" their way to a winning team and thus we know nothing or could care less about baseball, this game, and it's inner workings. Geeez gimme a break dude - Ive been playing this game for 17 years - and you have no idea how I procured the players I have.
Yes, I'm sure you didn't spend out the you know what to obtain a team with 15 perfects and all diamonds.....
shockenawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:32 PM   #14
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Did Santa take a dump in your stocking or something ?
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:57 PM   #15
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I choose to read this as "I overlooked this dude because he's a measly Gold when all I care about are card ratings, and now I'm mad about it."
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:20 PM   #16
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I found the post to be funny, which is how I imagine the OP intended it. What I don't get are some of the responses here.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:25 PM   #17
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
No we don't but it is a very educated guess. We all know how much perfect and diamond cards go for. We have a rough idea of how many points you can earn in a season. We know there are not huge profits to be made flipping cards.

In the end though it does not matter how you got your team. To each their own. But to come into the forum and brag about that team and complain that there is one high gold pitcher you can't seem to beat is not going to garner any sympathy from us poor slobs who still don't have a single perfect or diamond card at all.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #18
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
No we don't but it is a very educated guess. We all know how much perfect and diamond cards go for. We have a rough idea of how many points you can earn in a season. We know there are not huge profits to be made flipping cards.

In the end though it does not matter how you got your team. To each their own. But to come into the forum and brag about that team and complain that there is one high gold pitcher you can't seem to beat is not going to garner any sympathy from us poor slobs who still don't have a single perfect or diamond card at all.

I'm someone who doesn't have a single diamond or perfect and I'm in his league and I totally didn't take it the way some of you are. If he was seeking sympathy, then it was totally lost on me. It looked like a comment where someone is mostly just amused (and maybe slightly annoyed) about something happening in game and he just wanted to share it.

Last edited by old timer; 12-24-2018 at 11:29 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #19
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I'm someone who doesn't have a single diamond or perfect and I'm in his league and I totally didn't take it the way some of you are. If he was seeking sympathy, then it was totally lost on me. It looked like a comment where someone is mostly just amused (and maybe slightly annoyed) about something happening in game and he just wanted to share it.
Exactly - Thanks! And I don’t have a very good record against your clippers either!
Old 12-24-2018, 11:40 PM   #20
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I think that's about right.
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote