Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-19-2018, 12:29 AM   #101
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Our 18-19 record is some very skilled landscaping to cover up the giant hole in the ground where once stood a pretty good team. -35 run differential, last in almost every conceivable offensive category, and the pitching is also in the bottom quarter in many categories. There is a pretty big bang just waiting to happen. If I hadn't been out and about for almost 15 hours today I would make wholesale changes now, but I just want to zzzzzzzzzz...
You're in the division of the Wolf, so there is not much you can do I guess ... I'm in the same league but other conference trying to play a respectful season before most likely going back to silver level
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:32 AM   #102
Izz
Hall Of Famer

I finally know what a diamond looks like!
Attached Images

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:06 AM   #103
Crash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello fellow 301ers. Glad to be your fodder

Name:  Screenshot_8.png
Views: 219
Size:  59.2 KB

rough go so far overall in PP for hmb. someday we'll sniff .500
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:29 AM   #104
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post

Attachment 593568

Texarkana here, howdy!
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:15 AM   #105
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
In completely unrelated news, my Boston-only team is growing rapidly. After missing promotion from Bronze league last season, they've been beating up on the fresh meat this time around (with a ton of help from the ubiquitous JD Martinez). I used the influx of PP to snag Clemens and Pesky off the Auction House. Still need a catcher, though; Swihart and Leon probably aren't going to cut it for very long.

I saw Mike Greenwell on the AH listing once. Think it went around 17k. I gave up around 15. 91 overall. It was his 1998 season. Would be a great add for your Bosox team if you can find it. Solid solid all around.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:37 AM   #106
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The month of May started off badly with an 8 game losing streak near the beginning (my team's longest losing streak ever). But it finished well, finishing 15-13 for the month. So the good news is we're back to .500 (27-27). The bad news is we're #13 out of the top 16 teams so we're back on track to get promoted to diamond.
Attached Images
Old 12-19-2018, 02:40 AM   #107
TreMetal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This season has really sucked the fun out of the game for me as a "f2p" player. I played in the beta and really had a blast each season, but getting the **** beat out of you nearly every game isn't very fun.

Two of my teams in the same league, same conference and same record.. one got promoted and one stayed.. needless to say the one promoted is getting it's ass kicked while the one that didn't is doing quite well. Sadly, the one that is doing well is my "hands off, packs only" team which is clearly inferior to my other team that I am AHing to fill out the roster.

I am sure I can wait 2 weeks and check back and see I have a huge amount of PP to spend then climb the ranks from there, but I really just wish the promotion / relegation worked a lot better. There's enough teams that you could easily have teams in the Diamond Division now (e.g. if someone had a 80% win rate they could double promote instead of single) and there would be a lot less leagues that have half of the teams feeling like **** the entire time. Just my 2 cents.
TreMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:53 AM   #108
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Well, I got Fire Anty in my division, so whelp. I actually won my division last year, but it was pretty close between me, the Pueblo Penny Pinchers, and the OC IronPigs, and all 3 of us are in it together again.

But the Gold league is going to be hella tough. There's about 6 copies each of the "common" perfect cards, and 8 Trouts in the league. I count 15 Altuves, 12 Corbins, 18 Doolittles. Although I would guess not all of them will get regular play-time in the league, given how crazy some of the teams are. I mean, Fire Anty has 38 diamonds on his reserve roster, and the worst starter in his rotation is a 100.

I do not know, why Altuve has so many positive mentions. In my calculations and the leagues I was in he is dead average (and quite cheap for that matter). Corbin on the other Hand is not much worse than Kershaw (admittedly Kershaw was used only 550 innings, so his values might be skewed)
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:04 AM   #109
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If you can't lick 'em, join 'em. One of the teams in my division just sold his Len Barker, who was mediocre for him in a bullpen role. I bought him for 3000. I figure if he doesn't help me, I can easily get most of my money back.

Edit: And Barker's first start will be against his former team. That should be interesting.

I give you 4000, it is interesting, that some People think "Oh Len Barker Plays bad for me and very well in the other ten Teams I Can Analyse. The values for all Barkers are the same but I assume that my Barker somehow dislike playing for me. I shall sell him because it is a win - win Situation. I will get an enormous amount of Money considering how bad he played for me and my ex-Barker might shine on the other Team". I have seen Altuve perform -0,3 WAR on 770 PAs and 4,8 WAR on 670 PAs. Would I sell him because -0,3 WAR is so low? NO!! Would I buy him because 4,8 WAR is Troutesque? NO!!!
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:34 AM   #110
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschi_baerchen View Post
Would I buy him because 4,8 WAR is Troutesque? NO!!!
Mike Trout snorts at your petty insult that 4.8 WAR would in any way resemble him. Switch it to 8.4 and try again.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #111
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post

Attachment 593568

Hi, I am the Thorpe Springs Horned Frogs. Welcome to the G301 grinder.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #112
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschi_baerchen View Post
Corbin on the other Hand is not much worse than Kershaw (admittedly Kershaw was used only 550 innings, so his values might be skewed)
My Corbin, over the last two seasons, wishes to challenge that assertion.
Attached Images
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #113
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreMetal View Post
I am sure I can wait 2 weeks and check back and see I have a huge amount of PP to spend then climb the ranks from there, but I really just wish the promotion / relegation worked a lot better. There's enough teams that you could easily have teams in the Diamond Division now (e.g. if someone had a 80% win rate they could double promote instead of single) and there would be a lot less leagues that have half of the teams feeling like **** the entire time. Just my 2 cents.
They've said that for future releases they'll be looking into a way to separate the teams more from the get-go. Because right now, you have to remember, 16 teams are getting promoted from the top league each season, which is pulling some sub-.500 teams along with the whales every time. Doing it this way causes it to take more than a month from launch for things to truly balance out, and that's not really optimal, despite how I and others have defended it. Honestly I'm choosing to look at OOTP19's PT mode as an extended beta run, due to it releasing so late in the year, and knowing how many changes will be coming in OOTP20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I saw Mike Greenwell on the AH listing once. Think it went around 17k. I gave up around 15. 91 overall. It was his 1998 season. Would be a great add for your Bosox team if you can find it. Solid solid all around.
I'd kill for a Greenwell, but It'll probably take a couple more weeks before I can afford that kind of dough. I'm building that team completely F2P. It's going well so far, but the Clemens I just picked up for ~4k is about as high as that team can afford right now. With no point in buying packs, though, we'll get there.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 12-19-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:36 AM   #114
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvvCat View Post
They're not nearly the most talented team in the league. Look at the Horde.
The Horde has been a beast since Day 1.
They were 1st of 60 in my Entry League pool, where my "second" team was very good, but a distant second to them.
I wasn't in a league with them again until they moved into Gold .301 with my first team. Not happy to see them again.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #115
captainbuttercream
Minors (Double A)

Aaron Judge has underperformed for 3 straight seasons. I finally got fed up an cut him loose. My Cespedes/Schwarber platoon is performing better (admittedly limited sample size) and I used the PP to pick up a better 4 and 5 pitcher.
captainbuttercream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #116
chazzycat
All Star Starter

add me to the list of teams struggling in gold. Last week in silver my team was a powerhouse. Finished with the best record, run differential, ERA, FIP, batting average, and defense in my conference.

This week I'm just hovering around .500 and not anywhere close to the leaders in any categories whatsoever. The competition is just much tougher.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #117
Thalion
Major Leagues

Hey Kushiel, it's Wednesday. This is the day you go on your run and I slump so you can run away with the division again.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #118
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Hey Kushiel, it's Wednesday. This is the day you go on your run and I slump so you can run away with the division again.

We have a lot of good teams in the league Long streaks will be harder to come by I think. But I am doing my usual Wednesday morning tinkering

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #119
Crash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

HMB Cougars attempting to rebuild. Once thought to be the focal point for years to come, 1990 Rickey Henderson is being shopped around.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #120
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Was a wild card each year until now, and I am 12-30 in my gold league.

sucks.
Somehow gotten to 29-34 without buying points, just selling a few and buying a few. Took a risk on selling Satchel Paige for about 13000 and turned him into a few players. Now my closer isn't great but obviously the rest of the team has gotten better.

Seems I get crushed by the SuperTeams and I dominate the poor teams. So 81-81 here I come?

Last edited by sharknut; 12-19-2018 at 06:16 PM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote