Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #321
KinrossFlyers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: About 1 1/2 hours from Kinross, home of Kinchloe Air Force base.
How about being able to use our own player pix instead of face gen or the rather dull supplied cards? I spent lots of hours collecting cool player pix for the regular side of the game...and if I see one more head shot or cartoon drawing my head may explode!
KinrossFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:28 PM   #322
Ajax
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Add Stadium cards to replace the editable stadium stats. All the current stadiums with their corresponding OOTP stats, and the option for some historical stadiums, etc.

This would simplify the stadium interface in line with the Perfect Team concept (open to more players), add more strategy/depth to the packs and auction house, and end any controversy about stadium editing as "cheating." No more make-believe stadiums, but still the option to change your stadium strategically. Each player would have the default stadium stats unless they added a stadium card to their roster to change them.

Last edited by Ajax; 12-16-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:22 AM   #323
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

In the transaction history, each line shows the last transaction and then the balance. The balance, though, is the one before the transaction takes place. That is a bit confusing (at least to me). Perhaps the balance should show the new balance after the last transaction.
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #324
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Two suggestions. One should be very easy to change.

1) For transaction history, can the date/time stamp be game date instead of actual date? Actual date isn't that useful IMO.

2) Can card acquisitions be added to league transactions tab on the league home screen so we can see which teams are improving during the season?
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #325
VARoadstter
Minors (Triple A)

This would be EPIC

I think the greatest single addition to Perfect Team would be to create an OOTP website where all of the leagues/teams/players information were accessible in much the same manner they are now by using the client. I have heard tell that there are plans to put together a mobile app for reviewing team results and perhaps this is just a logical extension of that.

A responsive website should provide everything you need to be able to view results during the day. Maybe you go a step further and actually allow optional opt-ins for scores each hour or so.

I would love to have the chance to view my team's performance when I'm not at home on my machine.
VARoadstter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #326
broskiier
Bat Boy

As this is a "build a team" game, it should be much easier to find specific players that fit your needs. I could do this by being able to filter the card auctions by specific player rating values, like Stuff/Movement/Control (as examples) just like we can in the "regular" OOTP game.

Then, I can try and find good value role players as well as superstars for my team much more easily...which to me is what this game is all about.
broskiier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #327
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Any chance you can make it so that hide scores also hides your current PP level? Kind of takes a bit of the drama out of watching a game when you see a big increase (or no increase )
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #328
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARoadstter View Post
I think the greatest single addition to Perfect Team would be to create an OOTP website where all of the leagues/teams/players information were accessible in much the same manner they are now by using the client. I have heard tell that there are plans to put together a mobile app for reviewing team results and perhaps this is just a logical extension of that.

A responsive website should provide everything you need to be able to view results during the day. Maybe you go a step further and actually allow optional opt-ins for scores each hour or so.

I would love to have the chance to view my team's performance when I'm not at home on my machine.
Pretty sure they're releasing an API at some point that will allow for anyone to do this. I don't see them making a website themselves, but they plan to release the tools for someone to do so (if I'm not going crazy and just making it up).

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #329
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

The 20 pp awarded for a Double Dinger needs to be increased by some multiple when they both happen in the same inning. That's got to be pretty rare, but just happened for me.
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #330
BBech
Bat Boy

Can everyone be assigned a randomly generated stadium. Probably because I'm a dork but I try and generate a stadium that is like one that is located or existed in the city of my team but in looking around at my league I'm literally the only person who has the non standard ballpark that is neutral across the board for everything. It may mix things up if everyone had different stadiums but didn't have to sit there and create it themselves for different fields to play differently.

Last edited by BBech; 12-18-2018 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Typo
BBech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #331
TreMetal
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Feature Request: "Options & Preview" window

In the normal single player game when you go to play a game you get to this "OPTIONS & PREVIEW" window which allows you to make adjustments to your lineup per game.

This lets you substitute players in and out and adjust strategy based on opposition without having to permanently change your strategy / depth chart / lineup.

For example, if you normally go for a lot of steals, but scout out that your opponent has a catcher with a very high CS% you might want to adjust your stealing slider for the games during that series. Or you are facing a RHP and you want to sub in a particular player who is in a "per X game" rotation. Or you have a player who is low on energy and you want to make an on the fly sub. etc.
TreMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #332
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Can we please get fully randomized promotions? Last season two of my teams were in the same league, different conferences. Now they are in the same division. This season just got immensely less fun now that I'll have to play myself 19 times and be forced to win a wildcard to get both teams in the playoffs.
Attached Images
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #333
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Can we please get fully randomized promotions? Last season two of my teams were in the same league, different conferences. Now they are in the same division. This season just got immensely less fun now that I'll have to play myself 19 times and be forced to win a wildcard to get both teams in the playoffs.
As I just said in another thread on the topic, I would vote wholeheartedly against randomized promotions. It's been fantastic getting to know the handful of teams that have journeyed up to Gold alongside me, and the familiarity makes things fun.

That said, your specific situation does suck. I'm not sure if there might be a way to implement a request to have your team switch to a random league or something like that. Would probably be too complicated for too little payoff.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:08 AM   #334
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
As I just said in another thread on the topic, I would vote wholeheartedly against randomized promotions. It's been fantastic getting to know the handful of teams that have journeyed up to Gold alongside me, and the familiarity makes things fun.

That said, your specific situation does suck. I'm not sure if there might be a way to implement a request to have your team switch to a random league or something like that. Would probably be too complicated for too little payoff.
Yeah, I get your point, but these two teams have been stuck with each other since Entry Pool, and unless they finally differ on relegation/promotion after this season, I think they'll be stuck together next season. It has been nice building these two teams up to be so strong at this point, but it sucks having one less title to win each season and now probably one less playoff spot to earn (barring the aforementioned perfect scenario of division win + WC spot).

I was already considering just letting this season play out unchecked, because I know my teams aren't Perfect League-ready and I really need to just save up points to buy a few diamonds to fill glaring holes (plus, this game is sucking up too many hours!), so I think this unfortunate arrangement will get me to actually follow through on that thought. I'll probably log out until Saturday night and just jump back on to fix up playoff rosters, if needed.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #335
edg1931
Bat Boy

You should be able to search for certain ratings in the auction house. If I want to find a 1B who has a contact rating above 80 it should be easier to do.

You should be able to be notified when certain cards come on the auction house at a certain price. I want a George Sisler, but I don't want to pay more than 25k for it, I can get a notification if a card comes up that meets that criteria.
edg1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #336
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

It would be nice if we could see the full player card from the auction house. Much of my current roster construction is based around split stats, which we cannot see for players currently in the auction house.
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #337
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
It would be nice if we could see the full player card from the auction house. Much of my current roster construction is based around split stats, which we cannot see for players currently in the auction house.
This is technically impossible according to the developers.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #338
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'm against randomized promotions, but obviously teams from the same game license should be separated.

Suggestion: Get rid of the off days surrounding the all-star game and spread them out through the season.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #339
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
This is technically impossible according to the developers.
How about just a click-through link to the card itself? Right now, I have to hope someone in my league has the card I'm trying to figure out splits for.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #340
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

The playoff scheduling needs to be fixed for off days. My side of the bracket finished both series 3-2 and the other side was both sweeps. For some reason, this made the game schedule no breaks between series for my side of the bracket.

I now won't be able to get 2 games out of my #1 pitcher, while he could probably do G3 and G7 if there was just one day off here. I'd be even more upset if the other team had finished earlier and got full control of their rotation, while I'm stuck with mine.
Attached Images