Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Talking Season #3!

Allright folks, the servers are currently creating the leagues for Perfect Team Season #3 We will have the following leagues, with over 5800 teams total:

Gold: 42
Silver: 69
Bronze: 84

The new league naming system will be in place now too, for more info on that see here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=296604

Congratulations to everyone who made it to the Gold level, and good luck to every Perfect Team player for Season #3!

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 12-17-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Allright folks, the servers are currently creating the leagues for Perfect Team Season #3 We will have the following leagues, with over 5800 teams total:

Gold: 42
Silver: 69
Bronze: 84

The new league naming system will be in place now too, for more info on that see here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=296604

Congratulations to everyone who made it to the Gold level, and good luck to every Perfect Team player for Season #3!

Cheers,
Markus
252 Divisions in gold leagues and I end up in a division with the same team that won my division by 30 games last year. . . is that just incredibly bad luck or is the promotion weighted to encourage that?

EDIT: There are also only two teams in the entire league with career winning percentages over .700. Both in my division.

Last edited by freedavebrown; 12-17-2018 at 07:25 AM.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedavebrown View Post
252 Divisions in gold leagues and I end up in a division with the same team that won my division by 30 games last year. . . is that just incredibly bad luck or is the promotion weighted to encourage that?

EDIT: There are also only two teams in the entire league with career winning percentages over .700. Both in my division.
Well, that is indeed incredibly bad luck... consider it a challenge
Old 12-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #4
Malova
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Well, that is indeed incredibly bad luck... consider it a challenge

I am in Gold .276 and some of the same teams that have made the playoffs with me since the rookie league are promoting with me.

Is it not random? Or is it structured the same teams will continue to promote together if they win accordingly.
Malova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malova View Post
I am in Gold .276 and some of the same teams that have made the playoffs with me since the rookie league are promoting with me.

Is it not random? Or is it structured the same teams will continue to promote together if they win accordingly.
Yes, I always imagined that it was something like a pyramid structure as I have seen the same teams going up the ranks.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
omniart
Major Leagues

I'm getting mighty tired of playing the same teams again and again. In my opinion, the teams really need to be reshuffled each season.
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA

Papeete Black Pearls, Pacific Baseball Federation
omniart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:

There is some amount of shuffling, but we also try to keep teams together so that rivalries can develop. It's a matter of taste I guess.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #8
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There is some amount of shuffling, but we also try to keep teams together so that rivalries can develop. It's a matter of taste I guess.
Yes , In my Gold League there is a mixture of both. I seem to have that every year we move up. Good job..
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #9
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

How about a live chat area for each league, part of the home screen that would also flag the other team that you sent a message to?
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
How about a live chat area for each league, part of the home screen that would also flag the other team that you sent a message to?
This would be a moderation nightmare unfortunately, so for now we stick to the Discord channels
Old 12-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'm in a division with a 128 game winner, 2 defending bronze level champions, and 1 bronze level champion loser. All in the same division. All the teams in this silver league were promoted from bronze, where are the un-promoted, non-relegated defending silver teams?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:56 PM   #12
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
on the subject of rivalries... I know there's a "team-by-team" report at the league level for win-loss against each opponent... is there any way to get a 'lifetime team-by-team' report to show long term rivalries and how a team has fared against someone over many years?
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #13
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I'm in a division with a 128 game winner, 2 defending bronze level champions, and 1 bronze level champion loser. All in the same division. All the teams in this silver league were promoted from bronze, where are the un-promoted, non-relegated defending silver teams?

I have a un-promoted, non-relegated team in S286 I like to call that status stagnated. Relegate--Stagnate-Promote

The best record is 178-146 (.549) down to 139-185 (.429). There are many playoff teams (only 9 with no playoffs) in the league and one champion. I'm right in the middle of the pack with a 160-164 (.494) with no playoff experience.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #14
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniart View Post
I'm getting mighty tired of playing the same teams again and again. In my opinion, the teams really need to be reshuffled each season.
I'm of the complete opposite opinion. It's been great fun climbing the ranks alongside a few familiar teams. Yeah, it also means I've been stuck with a couple of heavy hitters, too - and gotten eliminated by them in the playoffs - but that only gives me more incentive to try and take them down this year. I quite enjoy being familiar with the teams I'm playing.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #15
PyreDruid
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniart View Post
That's kind of my issue too. I'm loving the game, but gets a little stale seeing the same people with godly rosters season after season because I'm just barely good enough to sneak into the promotion group.

The game itself is a ton of fun, and trying to beat those better teams is a good challenge, but 3rd season in a row being totally outclassed in my conference (and not getting lucky and stuck in an atrocious division), I wish the matchmaking was a little better. It's not much of a rivalry potential when they're running out Max Scherzer as a #5 and I'm trying to moneyball it.
PyreDruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:47 PM   #16
omniart
Major Leagues

Quote:
I can appreciate that people will feel differently on this. To me it has felt like I have opened three packs of cards and received the same cards in each pack. I want to be able to explore this universe! I want to see new teams! New logos! New rosters using cards that I haven't played against yet! (And I want to be able to use the Player Search function and look up the ratings splits on some of these cards.) I want some adventure!
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA

Papeete Black Pearls, Pacific Baseball Federation
omniart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #17
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Same feeling for me. After playing with the same teams for 3 years now I hope to avoid promotion at all cost to get rid of them.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #18
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus heinsohn View Post
there is some amount of shuffling, but we also try to keep teams together so that rivalries can develop. It's a matter of taste i guess.
i like this alot!!
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #19
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I'm in G276 also. Good luck!
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #20
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
i like this alot!!
So you do like beating Santa...
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote