Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-16-2018, 03:39 PM   #301
Izz
Hall Of Famer

(Bronze league story here)

Started the last series of the season 3 games back in the division, playing the division leaders. Swept them 3-0, then beat them in the extra game to decide the division winner and avoid the wildcard game, which they duly lost.

Went to bed knowing that the first series of the playoffs would be played before I woke.

Woke up to find I'd won the Division Series 3-2. Am currently 1-1 in the sub-league series against the wildcard Pfaffenhofen Celtics.

Go the Hoggs!
Attached Images

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:46 PM   #302
ThatComona
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Well, I'm one step closer! Shane Victorino with a 3-run bomb in the 9th and the Leviathans are down. What a game. Both Severinos pitched their butts off.
HELL yeah dude! You gotta know pretty much everyone's pulling for you! The Zebra Mussels were in my entry pool, I've known their terror for too long...take 'em down, baby!
ThatComona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #303
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

My 3 teams:

SILVER "GRYPHONS"... Finished the reg season way out front in the division, 4th or 5th best in the league overall, nicely balanced, nothing below silver, and mostly gold and diamond cards, 2 perfects (Betts, Trout). Faced a tough team that split the season series with me, few more diamonds than me, better rotation maybe, worse pen, evenly balanced offence... They swept me 3-0, 2 tight games and one not so tight. Season over.

BRONZE "GRYPHONS"... finished a close 2nd in the division, made the second wild card spot in the AC, added some great arms to the rotation over the season, good bullpen too, had a balanced lineup... lost in the AC wild card game to a team that finished second in the division with my other team. They had Syndergaard and blew me out. Oh well, glad we made the playoff game.

BRONZE "STORM"... this team finished the season with 110 wins and had the league's best record. 4 silvers in the rotation (Hill, Peacock, Langston, Marquez) and a great defensive catcher in Johnson, and they were outstanding all year going a combined 56-20 all with shockingly low ERA's (Langston 2.94?)... currently up 2-1 on the team that put out my Gryphons in the WC game (Deer Park Antelopes). I don't get it, this team has fewer studs than my Gryphon team especially on the mound, but they get the job done. If we can close out this series (Antelopes have some great arms including Syndergaard) I'll be pleasantly surprised with this group. I'd call them the weakest on paper of my three teams and yet together they win games. I'll take it.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #304
vyshka
Major Leagues

Finished up the season 80-82, so we will almost certainly be moving up to gold. Decided to offload Verlander and his 45 move, hopefully will be able to get something out of that pp.

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #305
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

... aaaand it's over for 2020. Third team (Storm) eliminated in first round by the team that finished a close second to me in the league and the division, 3-2 in games, 3-2 score in the deciding game. Heck of a series. Fun year.

Wake me up in 2021.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #306
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
Finished up the season 80-82, so we will almost certainly be moving up to gold. Decided to offload Verlander and his 45 move, hopefully will be able to get something out of that pp.
Good luck with it. You should be able to get a pretty goody movement /control with a little stuff starter for him

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #307
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The 130-win moloch in my division got bopped in four in the LDS, so that gave me a cosy feeling.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #308
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Thalion, I enjoyed the Division competition all season and we played a heck of a 5 game series in the Division Round. Your team is a tough draw to compete with every season, I love it. Tip of the cap to the Walnut Creek Geezers.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #309
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

I won 88 games but finished almost 25 games behind a whale in my division. I still qualified as the top Wild Card seed so all was well....

...until...

I got busy yesterday and checked in last night in just too late a time to realize my top pitchers were all exhausted. I ended up having my absolute worst option start and predictably lost 6-1.

Lesson learned. That won't happen again.

I do wish that the game itself would prompt you to set up for post season once you've clinched. I had it clinched 4 games early and in really, barring a crazy mix of improbables a lot sooner than that. I could have easily had my diamond starter available. Grrrrr...
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #310
old timer
Hall Of Famer

My team made it to the WC for the 2nd season in a row with a nearly identical record and lost in the WC game in a nearly identical fashion. So one and done again.

I figured we'd get eliminated in the next round anyways, but I was still hoping for a shot at beating the best team (we actually did pretty well against them in the regular season).
Old 12-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #311
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Thalion, I enjoyed the Division competition all season and we played a heck of a 5 game series in the Division Round. Your team is a tough draw to compete with every season, I love it. Tip of the cap to the Walnut Creek Geezers.
We'll be back next year. It was a nail biter, going down to the final game.

Not sure how I'm going to upgrade a whole lot from the team I have right now. I don't have a lot of maneuver room, given the self restrictions I placed on myself.

The one that hampers me the most (aside from the high defense + good baserunning ability) is my "no jerks" rule.

That means I won't add anyone to my roster that I have no respect for, whether it because of their personality, perceived lack of sportsmanship, or breaking of the *cough* steroids *cough* rules.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #312
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatComona View Post
Chazzy, I can't believe we're actually gonna fight each other for a trip to the World Series!! Good luck, whoever wins the NC Pennant had better win it all! I hope we get to stick in the same league again after this because you're my favorite team to root for! <3
It's up to you now! I'm just glad I went out to the movies instead of watching the game results. Four straight one-run losses to get swept is pretty brutal. Nicely done.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #313
ThatComona
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
It's up to you now! I'm just glad I went out to the movies instead of watching the game results. Four straight one-run losses to get swept is pretty brutal. Nicely done.
A game-tying home run in 9th by Ichiro in game 4...I'd be a little more upset in your position LOL

I'm winning this whole thing for both of us now though!

ᵃˡˢᵒ ᶦ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ˢᵉᵉ ˢᵖᶦᵈᵉʳ⁻ᵛᵉʳˢᵉ, ᶦ ʰᵉᵃʳ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ
ThatComona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #314
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Took the Division Series to 7 games but lost 9-7 in the decider, an error in the bottom of the 1st leading to 4 unearned runs.

Also made a couple of rookie game mistakes. Set a 7-day lineup but forgot to turn 7-day lineups on, and then realized once the season was finished that I hadn't changed my starting pitcher hook setting for the playoffs.

Oh well, live and learn.

I hope the Celtics win it all!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:41 PM   #315
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Both Denver Bears and Trenton Minutemen finished 67-95. Bears started out hot for April, then everything went to hell in a hand-basket. Minutemen sucked right out of the gate.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #316
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
A game-tying home run in 9th by Ichiro in game 4...I'd be a little more upset in your position LOL

I'm winning this whole thing for both of us now though!

ᵃˡˢᵒ ᶦ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ˢᵉᵉ ˢᵖᶦᵈᵉʳ⁻ᵛᵉʳˢᵉ, ᶦ ʰᵉᵃʳ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ
Ha! Actually it was Spider-verse I saw, and it was great. Definitely took the sting out of that loss. How could I be mad at Ichiro homering off Mariano Rivera? That's just fantastic.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #317
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
HELL yeah dude! You gotta know pretty much everyone's pulling for you! The Zebra Mussels were in my entry pool, I've known their terror for too long...take 'em down, baby!
You're about to get your shot at revenge. I tried! Won Game 6 in 19 innings and then lost by a single run in Game 7. Take him down in the WS!

However, I'm going to say we played Game 7 under protest, because apparently the officiating was monumentally terrible:
Attached Images
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #318
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Second consecutive 80-82 season. After last year's promotion, we appear to be tied for 15th place with another team, so another promotion.

Not sure I'm okay with that.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #319
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Congrats to the Catalina Island Bisons for winning our Conference and moving to the World Series!

Well played season to the GM's here from MyNy! Lots of quality competition in our Silver league. Good luck in Gold wherever we end up tomorrow.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #320
Thalion
Major Leagues

They were good. I had a losing record against them.

Though I had a losing record against all the top teams.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote