Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Cool Papa Bell
Major Leagues

The NAPBBP has 1 opening

The National Association of Professional Base Ball Players, the NAPBBP has an opening for the 1878 season, our 21st as a league.

We just finished our final expansion in this past off-season and are now at 32 teams. Also, other owners are sometimes open to swapping franchise cities so you may have an opportunity to get the team you want down the road. The team available is the Cincinnati Redstockings, so any Cinci fans are encouraged to apply. Here's a chance to run a franchise for virtually the entire history of major league baseball.

We are a very active league with constant updating of the league reports, 2 week sims twice a week, lots of trade acitivity and a dedicated group of owners. The project started as a research project for a screenplay I wrote and for a novel I am writing, both historical what-ifs, so it will be around...well, forever probably, as far as league longevity. We incorporate historical rookies for our June Amateur Draft along with Negro League players and others. There is more info on the league website regarding the league premise and game settings.

We are currently just starting the 1878 season, yes you read correctly 1878, and are about halfway through Spring Training. We upgrade as a league every other year and just went to V15 this past year. Below are the links and let me know if you might be interested. We do use full scouting, coaching, salaries, free agency, etc. If you would like any more info, just ask. Thanks!

Philip

League Website
http://napbbp.com/

Stats, Standings, History
http://napbbp.com/game/lgreports/news/html/
Old 09-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Cool Papa Bell
Major Leagues

*Edit* Cinci taken for 1879 season, Santurce Cangrejeros are available

The owner of the expansion Santurce Cangrejeros, a recent 1878 addition to the league, will be moving his franchise to Cincinnati for the 1879 season. Santurce is now available and will have the Cincinnati roster.

Santurce Cangrejeros (1878 Expansion Franchise)- The powerhouse Santurce Cangrejeros (Crabbers) were one of the original teams during the founding of the Puerto Rican Baseball League (Liga de Beisbol Profesional de Puerto Rico) in 1898. This occurred after the Spanish-American War in which Puerto Rico became a U.S. territory.

The LBPPR has a long and storied history, with Negro League teams and MLB teams travelling to play series' each winter and with many early greats starting their careers in Puerto Rico, such as Hiram Bithorn, Perucho and Orlando Cepeda, Josh Gibson, Francisco Coimbre, Canena Marquez, Emilio Navarro, Willard Brown, and of course Roberto Clemente. The LBPPR officially changed it's name in 2012 to Liga de Beisbol Profesional Roberto Clemente to honor him and adopt his philosophy of athletic and personal development. The AAA team will be the Ponce Lions (Leones de Ponce), with the Lobos de Arecibo (Arecibo Wolves) at AA and the San Juan Senators (Senadores de San Juan) at A ball.