Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 02-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #21
JaBurns
All Star Starter

How did you choose the managers? Looked in the initial league write up but didn’t see anything; is it the as the players, top x managers in history then first 16 coming up from the random number generator?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #22
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
How did you choose the managers? Looked in the initial league write up but didn’t see anything; is it the as the players, top x managers in history then first 16 coming up from the random number generator?
Exactly, based on manager WAR. I excluded managers who didn't manage after 1930 as I don't have the stats I need to evaluate them properly. I'll deal with that eventually though.

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:48 PM   #23
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Now the question that will drive me crazy, if you have can tell, with my random debut historical leagues. Do you have an idea or guess about the difference between the in game provided neutralized stats and Davenport translated stats. If significant I will have much too think about or figure out how to use the Davenport translation if they provide a [I]better, more realistic [I] simulation.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #24
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Now the question that will drive me crazy, if you have can tell, with my random debut historical leagues. Do you have an idea or guess about the difference between the in game provided neutralized stats and Davenport translated stats. If significant I will have much too think about or figure out how to use the Davenport translation if they provide a [I]better, more realistic [I] simulation.
The difference is big, particularly for going across era, which is why I use them.

Look at Honus Wagner's normal/neutralized/translated stats below.

GH
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 02-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #25
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thank you now I must do some serious reading and research on translated versus neutralized stats to understand the difference between each method. It will probably frustrate me at times, especially when I overthink the topic, but overall I will enjoy the task.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #26
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thank you now I must do some serious reading and research on translated versus neutralized stats to understand the difference between each method. It will probably frustrate me at times, especially when I overthink the topic, but overall I will enjoy the task.
http://www.claydavenport.com/dt/wagneho01.shtml

That's where to find translated stats. Search box is at the top.

GH

Old 02-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #27
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Wow!... what a difference in home runs for Wagner... 516 to 102.

I would really be disappointed if the early players' power numbers didn't equal the modern-day players.

I was thinking of starting a new dynasty league with OOTP19, but wouldn't be happy if Joe Jackson, Trip Speaker and Ty Cobb were short-changed on power numbers.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-06-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #28
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
http://www.claydavenport.com/dt/wagneho01.shtml

That's where to find translated stats. Search box is at the top.

GH
Sorry, not very good with computers.

How do you get the Davenport-translated ratings into OOTPB?
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:51 PM   #29
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Wow!... what a difference in home runs for Wagner... 516 to 102.

I would really be disappointed if the early players' power numbers didn't equal the modern-day players.

I was thinking of starting a new dynasty league with OOTP19, but wouldn't be happy if Joe Jackson, Trip Speaker and Ty Cobb were short-changed on power numbers.
Neutralized is fine for what it does. It's just not what I'm looking for.

GH

Old 02-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #30
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Sorry, not very good with computers.

How do you get the Davenport-translated ratings into OOTPB?
I entered them manually.

GH

Old 02-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #31
G-Force
All Star Starter

Not to take the thread too far afield, but here's Shoeless Joe's career, neutralized and translated stats. For my purposes, merging guys from multiple eras, I know which Joe Jackson I feel would best represent him in a best-of scenario.

GH
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2018, 10:58 PM   #32
G-Force
All Star Starter

NOTE: I have injuries set to low, but that doesn't mean nobody was claimed during spring training

Spring Injuries Take Their Toll

The Boston Riders thought it was just a bad outing for Carlos Marmol. It was much more. The fireballing righthander allowed two runs over an inning and two thirds, striking out four in an 8-5 loss to the Orlando Orcas on March 5. It will be Marmol's last outing for the year, as he was diagnosed three days later with a torn UCL requiring elbow surgery that will end his season. Marmol was taken in the 15th round of the draft.

Carlos Marmol figured to be part of Boston's bullpen

Charlotte's Lew Burdette was diagnosed with a forearm strain and is expected to be out until May. Burdette was taken in the 20th round.

The Denver Pilots will be without 19-year-old Rusty Staub, who like Burdette suffered a forearm strain that will sideline him until May. The rightfielder/first baseman stayed on the draft board longer than anticipated, lasting until round number 27, and could prove to be one of the draft's great steals.

Perhaps the scariest injury of the spring was suffered by Sacramento's Brian Jordan, who was struck in the head by a fastball from Portland's Dave Veres. Jordan was down for several minutes and diagnosed with a concussion that will keep him out indefinitely.

The New Orleans Knights lost the most prominent player to go down, but are thanking their fortunes it wasn't worse. First-round pick Ralph Kiner suffered a strained ACL that looked much worse when he went down in a heap on March 21. While Kiner should miss most of April, his power bat will return before too much of the ABL's first season passes.

Ralph Kiner: Scare, but could've been worse

Last edited by G-Force; 02-08-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #33
G-Force
All Star Starter

To get through seasons in a decent amount of time, I'm going to mostly focus on monthly writeups. But I'll do features here and there as warranted for cool stories and such. And so we start - where else - Opening Day!

ABL Kicks Off Inaugural Season

All great stories have a beginning. And so, on April 2nd, 2018, the Alltime Baseball League's tale began to be crafted as the league's first real games took place and brought a little bit of everything.

There was no easing in, no some teams play today and others tomorrow. No, everyone was involved, and that was by design. For they are all in this together, and hope to be for years to come.

In Boston, young hurler Noodles Hahn got the Opening Day start for the hometown Riders, dueling knuckleballer Charlie Hough, who threw 8 innings, allowing only six hits but walking 7 to find himself and his Louisville Racers outdone in 2-1 fashion, with Hahn getting the win and Bill Campbell notching the one-out save.

In New York, the Chicago Hitmen's Ben Sheets settled in after a rough start in which he allowed a two-run homer to the Heroes' Bill Madlock after the Hitmen got three early against Kevin Brown. Sheets went 7 2/3 before handing off to B.J. Ryan for the four-out save in a 5-3 win, backed by homers from Les Fleming and Morgan Ensberg.

Ben Sheets pulled it together

Felix Hernandez
went the distance, allowing three runs while striking out six as Orlando got seven runs over the sixth and seventh innings to support him as the Orcas topped the Charlotte Cougars 7-3 in Charlotte. Kevin Appier threw five scoreless innings before it unraveled with a 3-run Chipper Jones double in the sixth. Jones would then go back-to-back with Ryan Braun in the seventh to blow it open.

Chipper Jones goes deep

In Alabama, ace Greg Maddux hurled a complete game five-hitter, and back-to-back homers from Duke Snider and Matt Holliday in the second off Van Mungo sparked the Alabama Slammers to a 9-1 win over the Memphis Sounds.

The Omaha Pioneers got a 2-run homer from Starling Marte off Hal Newhouser in the first and Tom Seaver took over from there, allowing one run on four hits over 8 innings as they beat the Sacramento Stingers 6-1. Tempers flared as Newhouser hit Mike Grady and Seaver answered by hitting Bernie Williams. James Shields of the Stingers then hit Willie Keeler in the eighth and it seemed things could get ugly, with Omaha skipper Bruce Bochy letting Sacramento manager Lum Harris know his displeasure.

The San Antonio Stingers hung 6 runs on John Smoltz in the fourth, including homers from George Springer and Bob Watson, but Roy Oswalt almost gave it back, allowing 5 of his own over the next two innings before the Stingers held on for a 9-5 win over the New Orleans Knights. Dale Murphy drove in 3 in the loss for New Orleans.

Bob Watson opened season with a homer

Cole Hamels and Smoky Joe Wood battled without their best stuff in Denver, each going the distance, with Hamels' Pilots outlasting Wood's Portland Robins with a 5-4 win. Wood allowed 10 hits, Hamels 11, and Ty Cobb's 8th inning homer broke a 4-4 tie. Jose Reyes and Rennie Stennett each drove in a pair for Portland.

And finally, in the best pitchers' duel of the day, Stephen Strasburg allowed one run over 8 to best CC Sabathia as the Phoenix Scorpions topped the Los Angeles Lightning 2-1. Frank Howard's sixth inning homer broke a 1-1 tie. Jose Valverde notched the save.

Frank Howard's blast led Phoenix to victory

Last edited by G-Force; 02-08-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #34
G-Force
All Star Starter

OK, in the future I need to edit these photos smaller and put them on my site and link them there. These huge photos will make loads a pain in the ass lol.

GH

Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #35
G-Force
All Star Starter

fixed the pics in prior posts so they weren't so big...and so we move on

GH

Old 02-08-2018, 09:01 AM   #36
G-Force
All Star Starter

No Wait
Lightning's Burnett Hurls ABL's First No-Hitter

Burnett threw 128 pitches in his no-hit effort

SAN ANTONIO (April 10, 2018) - The Alltime Baseball League's talent pool makes great accomplishments inevitable. But this one came sooner than anyone could have anticipated.

Eight days into the ABL's existence, Los Angeles Lightning hurler A.J. Burnett spun himself a gem, firing a no-hitter against the San Antonio Stallions, doing so in a fashion atypical of his skill set.

A hard-throwing righthander, Burnett's scouting report dictates he'll strike out plenty and walk plenty as well. On this night, however, Burnett let his defense do the work for him as he struck out only three batters.

But he didn't hurt himself either, walking only three as well.

"It's an amazing feeling. Just to be able to throw one is awesome," he said. "I knew after the seventh that I had a chance, but I didn't want to throw too many pitches. I felt good all night, and the closer it got the more confident I was."

Burnett (2-0, 2.00) got help right off the bat when Mark Teixeira kept up his hot start, belting his fourth homer of the young season, a 2-run shot off loser Rolando Arrojo (0-1, 9.26). Hack Wilson then took Arrojo deep in the sixth for his first homer of the season.

The Lightning would strike for five runs in the eighth, letting Burnett focus on the history at hand over his last two innings.

"Kid was terrific tonight," Lightning skipper Earl Weaver said. "With his stuff, as long as he stays around the plate good things will happen."

Tonight, they did.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #37
G-Force
All Star Starter

Hot On the Press
Stallions skipper Howser blasts media for "inaccurate reporting"

A frustrated Dick Howser let loose after tonight's 14-inning loss

LOS ANGELES (April 26, 2018) -- Dick Howser knows his San Antonio Stallions are struggling. He knows tonight's 14-inning 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Lightning was perhaps the most excruciating of the young season. He doesn't blame the media for any of that.

But his frustrations over his team's play may have boiled over in his postgame tirade against the press.

"A couple of you guys, you're gutless and I think it's [expletive] embarrassing," Howser fire off after the game, referencing implications in several stories that off-field distractions have hurt the Stallions (7-16) in the early going.

Particularly troublesome to Howser, sources say, is a report that cleanup hitter Wally Berger has been caught up in several "extracurricular indiscretions."

"Listen...call me a horrible [expletive] manager if you want, I don't give a damn," Howser barked. "But if you're going to accuse my players of not being ready to play or giving their all, you better have some goddamn proof!"

The Stallions lost tonight's game in 14 innings after John Lackey (1-2, 2.45) matched zeroes with the Lightning's CC Sabathia (3-1, 1.84) into extra innings.

The Stallions finally plated a pair of runs in the top of the 14th inning on RBI's from Mike Mitchell and Kevin Mitchell. But Al Worthington gave up a game-tying 2-run shot to Eric Chavez, and then two-batters later surrendered the walkoff shot to Vladimir Guerrero.

Howser was hamstrung by Willis Hudlin having gotten knocked out in the third inning of last night's 10-2 defeat, and was dealing with a short bullpen, which kept Worthington in despite the Chavez blast.

The loss is the Stallions' third straight. They've already suffered losing streaks of 5 and 7 games in the season's first month.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #38
G-Force
All Star Starter

All The Right Notes
Memphis Sounds wrap up April with 16th straight win

MEMPHIS (April 29, 2018) -- What are they doing?

When the Memphis Sounds' draft was complete, a lot of questions were asked. In a league where names like Tom Seaver, Greg Maddux, Bob Feller, Steve Carlton to name a few were anchoring pitching staffs, the Sounds opened up with Van Mungo, who toed the slab on Opening Day and was throttled for 9 runs (6 earned) and 11 hits.

If this is our ace, what's the rest going to look like fans wondered.

Right now, it all looks like the best team in baseball.

The Sounds finished the ABL's first month with a 21-4 mark, including 16 consecutive wins culminating with last night's 5-4 win the series opener against Charlotte. Starter Bill Steen improved to 4-0 and lowered his ERA to 3.16, allowing two runs over eight innings, striking out seven. Mungo, by the way, has won three straight and lowered his ERA to 3.05.

"It's real fun coming to the park right now," rightfielder Kiki Cuyler said.

The Sounds rank at the top of runs scored, fewest runs allowed and defensive efficiency. It's all working, and the tune being played in Memphis right now is music to skipper Bob Melvin's ears.

"We're in a good place right now," he said of his team's 9 1/2 game lead a month into the campaign. "But there's a lot of season left. We know that."

The team did suffer a blow on April 26 when George Brett went down with a separated shoulder that should keep him out through May at least. Brett is batting .338 with a homer and 10 RBIs so far this year.

"Losing George is tough. But if the rest of the guys keep up what they're doing, we'll be OK," Melvin said.

The Sounds' attack has been incredibly balanced, with seven players already in double figures for RBIs. Designated Hitter Chili Davis is batting .358 with four homers and 24 RBI, and Rafael Furcal is batting .346.

It's still early, but the clubs in Memphis are staying open late, and they hope the party is just getting started.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #39
G-Force
All Star Starter

April Report
Stats as of end of play April 30

Eastern League

Western League

Old 02-08-2018, 06:59 PM   #40
G-Force
All Star Starter

April Awards

Eastern League
Player of the Week

April 9: Chipper Jones (Orlando) - .433 average (13-for-30), collecting 1 home run, 6 RBIs and 5 runs scored.
April 16: Cal Ripken (Chicago) - .414 average (12-for-29), collecting 3 home runs, 12 RBIs and 6 runs scored.
April 23: Todd Helton (Boston) - .550 average (11-for-20) with no home runs and 2 RBIs
April 30: Buddy Myer (Memphis) - .563 average (9-for-16), 1 home run and 5 RBIs to come away with the award.

Batter of the Month

Mickey Mantle
Chicago Hitmen

.305 average in 26 games. He also racked up 5 home runs, 28 RBIs, and 16 runs scored.

Pitcher of the Month

Jesse Tannehill
Memphis Sounds

posted 4-0 mark and a 1.24 ERA. In 5 starts he tossed 36.1 innings, permitted 29 hits and fanned 19 batters.

Western League

Player of the Week

April 9: Frank Howard (Phoenix) - hit at a torrid .435 clip as he collected 10 hits in 23 at-bats, 4 home runs, 7 RBIs and 9 runs scored.
April 16: Ty Cobb (Denver) - .429 average (12-for-28), 1 home run and 6 RBIs

April 23: David Wright (Omaha) - batted .526 with 10 hits in 19 at-bats, 1 home run and 3 RBIs.
April 30: Frank Howard (Phoenix) - 13 hits in 25 at-bats, compiling a .520 average with 3 home runs and 5 RBIs.

Batter of the Month

Frank Howard
Phoenix

.359 with 10 home runs, 22 RBIs and 20 runs scored.

Pitcher of the Month

Tom Seaver
Omaha Pioneers

posted a 4-2 mark and an ERA of 1.29. In 48.2 innings he collected 21 strikeouts while limiting the opposition to a .174 average.

Last edited by G-Force; 02-08-2018 at 09:38 PM.