Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 05-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
thespungo
Minors (Single A)

Trading settings

Can we get a good explanation of what all the trading settings do? Have messed around with the game a few nights and it appears trading difficulty affects the number of offers you receive, but does it also affect the value? Like, on easy will teams make dumb deals that favor you? What is an ideal setting for this?

And what about the favor veteran/rookie setting? Any info on this?

Would like to have the most realistic settings possible, but would also like to complete trades as that's a pretty important part of the game.
thespungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
wodi
All Star Reserve

Trading settings

The way I've used them has been to keep it on average and neutral as the standard. When I go to trade (usually only at or around the deadline) depending on what I'm doing, buying or selling, is how I change the settings. If I'm selling, I only trade with teams in playoff contention and I change the setting to heavily favor vets. If I am buying I trade with teams out of the race and I change the setting to heavily favor prospects.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:10 PM   #3
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
The way I've used them has been to keep it on average and neutral as the standard. When I go to trade (usually only at or around the deadline) depending on what I'm doing, buying or selling, is how I change the settings. If I'm selling, I only trade with teams in playoff contention and I change the setting to heavily favor vets. If I am buying I trade with teams out of the race and I change the setting to heavily favor prospects.
Can I ask what you mean here? There is simply a checkmark option when you play on iPhone. Am I missing something?
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:18 PM   #4
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

I normally keep it on average/neutral, but in a fit of desperation after way too many losses, I switched the setting to very easy and favor vets. I got rid of a 1star vet with a $24 million salary for a 3 star decent pitcher with $14 million salary on the player trade window. On my normal settings nobody was interested when I shopped him around. So yes that was a dumb trade as the team then sent the vet to the minors.
During this same 'sick of losing fit' I then set it to favor prospects, kept it on very easy and picked up a 4 star player with minimum salary for basically two nobody prospects. The player was the other team's second best hitter!
I then had to grapple with my guilty pleasure. Reminded me of trades back in iootp12.

Last edited by Panchobamba; 05-02-2016 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Wrong info
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #5
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dog View Post
Can I ask what you mean here? There is simply a checkmark option when you play on iPhone. Am I missing something?

The new feature in 2016 was the ability to change the AI trade settings. If you go to settings, you can change the difficulty of trades in general and also change how the AI values types of players.

I leave the difficulty at the standard average, but when I go to make a trade, depending on the current status of the team I am trading with I adjust the valuation slider.

So if I'm trading with the 2016 Cubs, I'm going to make it "favor veterans" whereas if I was trading with the Braves I would make it favor prospects. After I trade, I switch it back to the default settings.

I try to make it as realistic as possible. Others like the above poster, are able to use it as a way to make trading in general easier or harder (though I assume no one is making it harder).
Old 05-03-2016, 04:12 PM   #6
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchobamba View Post
I normally keep it on average/neutral, but in a fit of desperation after way too many losses, I switched the setting to very easy .... I then had to grapple with my guilty pleasure.
I actually quit that game soon after. It seemed like an alternative universe to use very easy settings. I went back to the grind of realism.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #7
One Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Am I missing something here? On the mobile game, it's either an on or off option. Same for injuries.
One Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #8
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Dog View Post
Am I missing something here? On the mobile game, it's either an on or off option. Same for injuries.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #9
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The new feature in 2016 was the ability to change the AI trade settings. If you go to settings, you can change the difficulty of trades in general and also change how the AI values types of players.

I leave the difficulty at the standard average, but when I go to make a trade, depending on the current status of the team I am trading with I adjust the valuation slider.

So if I'm trading with the 2016 Cubs, I'm going to make it "favor veterans" whereas if I was trading with the Braves I would make it favor prospects. After I trade, I switch it back to the default settings.

I try to make it as realistic as possible. Others like the above poster, are able to use it as a way to make trading in general easier or harder (though I assume no one is making it harder).
I started out as having trading as very hard but I found I couldn't do much what I wanted to do, everything was rejected so I put it on easy. It's easier just to make trades fair yourself, or in my case I usually like to give the AI the better value.
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #10
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

I leave my settings for trade as average/neutral.

Note: I tried to delete this post as it is in the wrong thread entirely.

Last edited by wsenkow; 06-16-2016 at 12:12 PM.
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote