Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:06 PM   #1
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

can you customize the colors of the pawns in 3d mode?

I looked around the forums but couldn't find this answered anywhere. Is there a way to customize the colors? I tried changing team colors around but it didn't seem to affect the pawn colors. Couldn't find anything in game. Any insight?
Hooray Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #2
pastimesteve
Bat Boy

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question, but I think providing a toggle option for either displaying the little pawns or a circle with the player's uniform # and the team's uniform color combo would be nearly perfect. There could be options to change the color of jersey #s, border color, fill color and an option for pinstripes or not.

This approach might give the designers more flexibility to allow game players to customize the 3D player uniforms? I imagine it's tougher to do with the little pawns.

Still, I love the 3D gameplay. It's already amazing and really adds to the immersion factor.

Steve

Last edited by pastimesteve; 03-24-2016 at 11:53 PM.
pastimesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
ohiopro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just played a Cubs-Reds game on a Sunday afternoon in Cincy and the reds pawns were black not red for this game only...Is this a alternate jersey????
ohiopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:29 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

There is a setting in the in-game options, "jersey colors", if you select default the pawns will white jerseys (gre for away team) plus the head colored with the primary team color (which you can edit in the team settings). If you select "custom" then the jersey will have the team jersey color and the head will have the team cap color, both which you can again edit in the team color dialog (team menu -> modify colors & uniforms).
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
There is a setting in the in-game options, "jersey colors", if you select default the pawns will white jerseys (gre for away team) plus the head colored with the primary team color (which you can edit in the team settings). If you select "custom" then the jersey will have the team jersey color and the head will have the team cap color, both which you can again edit in the team color dialog (team menu -> modify colors & uniforms).
Not sure why, but the "jersey color" in-game option is greyed out so I can't select it. Would like to use custom. Do the caps and jerseys graphics need to have a color code attached to them?
Old 03-25-2016, 10:19 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Not sure why, but the "jersey color" in-game option is greyed out so I can't select it. Would like to use custom. Do the caps and jerseys graphics need to have a color code attached to them?
You can change it pre-game. Can't change it after the game has started, though.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #7
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I found the 'jersey colors' (which in my case just turned all of them a dark blue (on a mac). But I can't find the:

team menu -> modify colors & uniforms

...to change cap colors and such.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:38 PM   #8
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thanks. However, would be nice if we had a ballcap away color option on the team colors/logo screen.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #9
sdorman22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Personally I use Custom, then I go into each team in the league and set their Jersey Color to White, and their Away jersey to Grey, with their cap color as their team's primary color.

Then for the team I control I set their Jersey color to the team's primary color and the hat to the team's secondary color.

With that done, on any given game my team's pawns are the only ones in full color, which makes them stand out and never match the other team's pawns.

Last edited by sdorman22; 03-25-2016 at 11:15 PM.
sdorman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:24 PM   #10
Crimguy
Minors (Triple A)

Has the allure of the pawns worn out for anyone, and they've gone back to 2D?
Crimguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:28 PM   #11
sdorman22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimguy View Post
Not me. I don't particularly like the pawns, but whatever they're just an avatar and you've got to start somewhere. I prefer seeing the play unfold and i like the field level view provided by the Wide camera so I stick with 3D.
sdorman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:53 PM   #12
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimguy View Post
I didn't like the 3D view at first. But after playing 25 games or so with it on I can't go back to 2D. I like not having to read every single outcome. I still glance at it but I wish there was a way to not see the pbp at all now.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #13
Harry_BallSack
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Was NJ, Then FL, Then IL, Then VA, Now Natick, MA !
Can you customize the graphic for the pawn within YxY size parameters?
Playing Sim ball since Microleague Baseball on my C64 in Highschool, Then Front Page Sports (some Earl Weaver on the Amiga in there as well) and finally made the shift to OOTP around version 2. Been here ever since

The Original Atlantic City Gambler and Daytona Beach Fatboy Owner.
Harry_BallSack is offline   Reply With Quote