Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 10-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #21
BradC
All Star Starter

It doesn't have an option to use recalc or not, but I'll have to ask Sebastian and Markus if it uses it for historical players.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #22
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
It doesn't have an option to use recalc or not, but I'll have to ask Sebastian and Markus if it uses it for historical players.

Please post the answer if you get it, thanks!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #23
BradC
All Star Starter

Markus said:

Quote:
Yes, Recalc is enabled by default.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

In that case, development in the minors is really just cosmetic for historical. It is fun to manage the minor league teams though, and it would be useful to develop prospects for fictional play.

I thought PureSim had a good system with three levels of minors but no actual minor league teams or games played. The model just required you to place the prospect at the appropriate level. This type of system might work for iOOTP.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #25
wodi
All Star Reserve

I am not familiar with PureSim, but that sounds pretty great to me if it could be implemented. As it stands as you get deeper into seasons, most teams have 75+ guys in their minor leagues anyway. So I would have to imagine if its a memory issue, just having the levels and some sort of small thing tied to having players in the right level would be doable. Its not like you would have to have the memory available to run all the minor league games.

Again, I have no idea the technical aspects, I'm just spit-balling here.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #26
BradC
All Star Starter

That's not a bad idea, and it might be a good stop gap between how the game works now and how OOTP works, which is what we'd like to progress toward eventually.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #27
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I am not familiar with PureSim, but that sounds pretty great to me if it could be implemented.
I am familiar with PureSim and think that this would be a very nice compromise.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #28
wodi
All Star Reserve

Is it possible to work towards this for 2015?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #29
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

If I purchase the All-Seasons in-game on one device (iPhone), will it be available on my other device (iPad) when I get it? I would like to take advantage of the WS special.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #30
Walkoffman
Minors (Single A)

A single purchase of the all-seasons bundle will cover iOOTP 2014 on multiple iOS devices.
Walkoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #31
BradC
All Star Starter

What Walkoffman said. Just tap "Restore in-app purchases" and the seasons should become available.

RE working toward that minor league suggestion in 2015: I doubt it. Of course, you never know -- Sebastian might want to do something like that, but right now I think he will want to stick to the current setup. We'll probably wait until there are more iOS devices out there with better specs.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #32
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am having a lot of fun with the game on the iPod Touch right now. I think it will be great on the iPad Air 2. The bigger screen will help me navigate the rosters.

One common complaint that I read about OOTP is the steep learning curve with "too many options". Those people should try iOOTP 14. The dev team has done a great job choosing default options that make the game very enjoyable. There is almost nothing to set up, and the few choices that have to be made are literally forced upon you.

My only nit so far is that I would like to have a trade difficulty option. Maybe it's there, but I haven't seen it. The default appears to be "average/neutral" based on my play so far. That would certainly be the best setting if there were only one, but a harder choice might be nice for more experienced players.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #33
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
What Walkoffman said. Just tap "Restore in-app purchases" and the seasons should become available.

RE working toward that minor league suggestion in 2015: I doubt it. Of course, you never know -- Sebastian might want to do something like that, but right now I think he will want to stick to the current setup. We'll probably wait until there are more iOS devices out there with better specs.

I would have to think (maybe its just me) that this improvement, if doable, would have to be the #1 change to make. Unless iootp15 is just going to remain the same with a roster change, I would think that any upgrade made, this would be the top choice for for everyone.

While some little things are annoying and need tweaking, I would hope no one would argue with the chance to make the minor leagues actually have some sort of impact has to be the #1 immediate upgrade.

If you are playing OOTP you are playing for the sole ability to run a team throughout multiple years, period. Making the minor leagues matter HAS to be more important than say giving users the prompt, "Do you really want to Substitute _____". Yes that is an important add, but not at the expense of something game changing.

That's my opinion, if any upgrades are going to be made to iootp15, this HAS to be it.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #34
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I would have to think (maybe its just me) that this improvement, if doable, would have to be the #1 change to make. Unless iootp15 is just going to remain the same with a roster change, I would think that any upgrade made, this would be the top choice for for everyone.

While some little things are annoying and need tweaking, I would hope no one would argue with the chance to make the minor leagues actually have some sort of impact has to be the #1 immediate upgrade.

If you are playing OOTP you are playing for the sole ability to run a team throughout multiple years, period. Making the minor leagues matter HAS to be more important than say giving users the prompt, "Do you really want to Substitute _____". Yes that is an important add, but not at the expense of something game changing.

That's my opinion, if any upgrades are going to be made to iootp15, this HAS to be it.
It's a matter of "bang for the buck" in programmer resource allocation. I agree totally that a meaningful minor league system would be far, far more valuable. It's just that adding that feature would require far more time and effort than it appears iOOTP 15 has available for it, based on what it appears priorities for the company are. Personally, I would have much rather had an improved minor league system (even the Puresim-like model) than the Player Editor. But that's in the past.

I think that a meaningful minor league system would be a great, realistic target for iOOTP 16.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #35
wodi
All Star Reserve

Sure, and granted it is October and not May.....but I just dont want to wait 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #36
BradC
All Star Starter

Orcin: There's no trade difficulty option. Not sure if that's something that will be added later.

Right now, I have no idea what the plan is for next year's game, but since Sebastian is in the thick of things with FHM at the moment, I'm not going to bug him. Since the game is geared toward a more casual experience, though, you should expect 2015 to be like 2014, where we have one main new feature (like this year's Player Editor) and several smaller things. Honestly, I think that's a reasonable approach, since iOOTP is supposed to be the gateway to OOTP.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #37
wodi
All Star Reserve

Sure, I just would love for that new feature to be this change to the minor leagues. I know its a more casual version, but I still contend its primary objective is to play a career through many seasons, and to do that for a baseball game, some sort of working minor leagues is essential. Not just having it be a list of players.

With that said, no matter what changes are made, I will buy iootp15. It is still a fantastic game and I enjoy playing it. I'm glad you guys ask for feedback as to how to improve the game, I think alot of games could benefit from that. And so that's all I'm doing, giving my input.

Thanks for listening. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #38
BradC
All Star Starter

Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate them.

And, yes, I agree that having a minor league system that's more than a list of players is useful. It just depends on what Sebastian wants to do and how the iOS hardware improves in the coming years.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #39
plainsong11
Bat Boy

Accurate history

I' ve been playing iOOTP for a few years now and just recently purchased all historical seasons. While I love the game, I would have to say my priority improvement would be to have the leagues change accurately as I progress through playing them.

In other words, if I start in 1901 and keep playing, Baltimore of the AL should move to New York and become the Yankees in 1903, the schedule should switch to 154 games in 1904, etc. there should still be expansion, team moves, longer playoffs, the DH, and so on as they actually happened. Just the major things so the leagues keep some accurate form to them. We should ignore strikes and wars, so I'm mainly just talking about league size and form. I don't see the point of buying all the seasons to have to play them separately... meaning a new game each season for them to be historically accurate. I want to play them consecutively in the same game with the same team, but should see the Mets and 162 game season in 1961, for example.

The only player adjustment that would be significantly necessary (preferably) would be to have Babe Ruth switch from a pitcher to a hitter around 1919 or 1920... Otherwise he'd always just be a pitcher. Or maybe let that be the owner's option. I guess we can just adjust that through player editing.

Anyway, this would significantly increase my enjoyment of playing historical seasons.
plainsong11 is offline   Reply With Quote