Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
BradC
All Star Starter

iOOTP has *not* been abandoned (from an OOTP employee)

I posted this in the other thread but thought I would post it here too, with a new heading, so visitors know that we've replied.

iOOTP hasn't been abandoned. Yes, we have unfortunately had to go a long time between updates, and we're not thrilled about that, but as a tiny company, we're still working on FHM updates, which are a higher priority right now. Unfortunately, we don't have extra manpower to throw at iOOTP. I honestly don't know when Sebastian will be able to work on iOOTP as he's been very busy with FHM.

To argue it has been abandoned would be to say that the game has reached end of life and will never receive a new version, which is false. It has sold well for us and we will definitely release iOOTP 2014 next year. I can't say what will happen with iOOTP 2013, but we all want at least one more update for it to come out. We realize we have promised Retina support, a player editor, and other new features in an iOOTP 2013 update.

Thanks. I will subscribe to this thread and will respond to any comments.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
Mennogreg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I understand, and am sympathetic to, the difficulties a small company faces, especially when updates are unlikely to result in any substantial additional revenue. However, retina support is sorely needed. Yes, I understand the game is still playable, but you cannot have a text-based game have soft, blurry text. Maybe the newest ios devices do a better job scaling, but on my iPod touch 5th gen it's pretty bad and has definitely affected replayability. Of course there's the empty screen space too.

Again, I understand the underlying issues, but this is something that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.
Mennogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

I won't hold my breath on an iOOTP update. I know you mean well, but the track record isn't convincing. It sounds like your company has overextended itself.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

iOOTP 2013 most certainly HAS been abandoned.
Star Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Chamber View Post
iOOTP 2013 most certainly HAS been abandoned.
Then go and buy another baseball game for your device then ....
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
MattB75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Brad is communicating with us. This is a positive step, considering how poor communication has been this year. I'm will to take him at his word. We've waited a whole season for an update, I can wait another month or so.
MattB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
Walkoffman
Minors (Single A)

iOOTP has *not* been abandoned

iOOTP is the only game of its kind in the App Store, whereas sports simulations for PC and Mac exist in a competitive market. The company priorities are easy to understand.

I'd be pleased with an update or 2 to fix the technical glitches in iOOTP13 and save the suggested game enhancements for iOOTP14. As-is iOOTP is a remarkable game!

Great to have Sebastian back.
Walkoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
BradC
All Star Starter

Again, I speak on behalf of everyone at OOTP when I say that we understand your frustrations. We don't blame anyone for feeling that way. I don't think it's a matter of overextending ourselves as much as it is simply working through growing pains. We added two people (Jeff and Malte) for FHM, but even with Sebastian on the game too, building a hockey sim from the ground up has been taxing.

But, again, once we have a solid version of FHM v1 under our belts, subsequent versions will be easier to produce, and the strain on Sebastian will be lessened, enabling him to focus more on iOOTP.

That said, though, I simply don't know when that strain will be lessened and when he'll be able to focus on iOOTP. I wish I knew, but even he doesn't know since the situation with FHM is always changing, depending on how things go.

Hang in there, and please realize that iOOTP will continue to be a big part of the company moving forward. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

I have no doubt you're right, Brad, and that subsequent versions will be better.

The problem is that does nothing for the people, like me, who spent $25 (app and all the seasons) who you're basically now telling "well, we'd LIKE to do another update for 2013, but we don't know if we can...but 2014 will be awesome." That's what you're telling us. And it doesn't make the people who purchased 2013 any less used.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #10
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Again, I speak on behalf of everyone at OOTP when I say that we understand your frustrations. We don't blame anyone for feeling that way. I don't think it's a matter of overextending ourselves as much as it is simply working through growing pains. We added two people (Jeff and Malte) for FHM, but even with Sebastian on the game too, building a hockey sim from the ground up has been taxing.

But, again, once we have a solid version of FHM v1 under our belts, subsequent versions will be easier to produce, and the strain on Sebastian will be lessened, enabling him to focus more on iOOTP.

That said, though, I simply don't know when that strain will be lessened and when he'll be able to focus on iOOTP. I wish I knew, but even he doesn't know since the situation with FHM is always changing, depending on how things go.

Hang in there, and please realize that iOOTP will continue to be a big part of the company moving forward. Thanks.
It's cool, man. I just love this game (and OOTP in general) and I really enjoy playing it. I'm looking forward to an update.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

again though as Ive stated before how hard is it for one of the devs to come on here and post something other then just completely ignoring this section of their companies forums.

That is bad business and a bad way to keep loyal customers continuing to be loyal.

Ive been a fan and customer of ootp, think since ootp5. And I see continous effort in ootp the pc version, but this iootp which I figured would get the same treatment since todays times are really geared towards iphones and ipads. Yet what I See is just an app put out and thats about it. I dont think markus has much if anything obviously to do with iootp or I would really assume better attention would be paid to this version of their game as well.

And to whoever is going around saying go buy another game then, basically saying fk off. I could take offense to that myself for posting what Im posting here, but problem is I dont give a crap for attitudes like that when your paying for anything, regardless if its a dollar or 50 dollars.

I buy the pc version every year(just for loyalty to help ootp continue) even though I play that like a week and the rest of the year I play the version on my iphone cause its just more life accessible.

But it doesnt matter if people are only paying for the iphone version, they have the same right to say what they feel around here as anyone.

Last edited by nolushhere; 10-03-2013 at 10:29 AM.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #12
Dr. Brian
Minors (Single A)

Not sure what the iPad issue is, but this game needs to be more user friendly for the iPhone. I hope that is the direction iOOTP goes.

As the above just noted, and I'll modify it, the iPhone is more life accessible than the iPad which is more life accessible than the desktop/laptop.
Dr. Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
BradC
All Star Starter

A couple things I should point out:

You won't need to rebuy seasons next year, so if you bought all the seasons this year, that's a one-time investment. Yes, I realize your iOOTP 2013 experience isn't optimal because you're expecting a couple updates, which at this point may or may not be coming. (Please realize the status of iOOTP 2013 updates is like Schroedinger's cat right now: the updates exist in two states at once. Even Sebastian doesn't know for certain if he can work on iOOTP 2013 updates because he's focused on FHM right now.)

Markus may not be the lead developer on iOOTP, but he and Andreas own the company and decide where to put our very limited resources. They've directed those resources toward FHM right now, since its needs are a higher priority.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

The problem is that 2013 has serious problems that need addressing. If it were just that we were waiting for additional features, that would be one thing. The game has serious issues that we were assured, multiple times, would be addressed. Now no one can tell us if they will be or not.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #15
Ike348
All Star Starter

#DeleteNowPlease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.

Last edited by Ike348; 10-04-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #16
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Like what? No retina/iPhone 5 screen? Boo-hoo.
whatever his complaints are are his complaints, and he's entitled to say them since he's a paying customer as well.

Do you want to start getting nasty back and forth and acting like a child?

Oh wait you already are, so I guess you win that title.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolushhere View Post
whatever his complaints are are his complaints, and he's entitled to say them since he's a paying customer as well.

Do you want to start getting nasty back and forth and acting like a child?

Oh wait you already are, so I guess you win that title.
OK, maybe I went too far, but I honestly don't think there are any "major problems" with the game, and I just think that every time he gets a chance he posts about it.

Yeah, I shouldn't have posted, but I felt like something needed to be done.

Quote:
Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

I understand, Im just giving you a dig really.

Would I love to have an editor feature myself, sure I think it would be great, but did I think it was even possible, hell no. So when I heard seb say he could do it, I was like oh wow now Im excited.

So I get the other guy's possible frustration, but by no means is there any major issues with the game as youve stated, I completely agree with that.

I just dont like the months or maybe what seems months of nothing, and lets be honest with us, when its like a month it seems like months when it comes to bitching.

Just like the hockey I want to actually buy it, cause quite frankly I only trust ootp with buying a product like that. Do I want to pay 49 dollars for a sim game, fk no, but would I, probably in the end.

I buy football mogul to help them keep going, but I would personally love to see ootp do hockey/baseball/football/basketball/college cause usually with their product its going to be way more trustworthy then the rest.

To sum it up, they just need to do a better job of at least coming on here every couple weeks and giving a quick update written out in a post even if just 1-2 lines. Thats my opinion when your doing computer programs your on the computer already, not that hard to spend 3-4 minutes to put something up even if its not what we want to ultimately hear.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
BradC
All Star Starter

Can you list those problems in a post here? I will make sure Sebastian sees them, and I can let you know the status of those issues being addressed.

RE the developers coming on here to post updates: That's why I'm posting. They've all been very busy, so I took it on myself to pop my head in and say something. They didn't ask me to do it - I knew there was some frustration out there, and I wanted to address it as best I could.

Believe me, we are grateful for every single customer we have, and we never take any of you for granted. We realize that you could easily jump ship for a competitor. Even with iOOTP having a lock on iOS, we know that a competitor could move onto the iOS App Store if they saw there was discontent and thought they could steal customers from us. We have no doubt that our competition reads our forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Chamber View Post
The problem is that 2013 has serious problems that need addressing. If it were just that we were waiting for additional features, that would be one thing. The game has serious issues that we were assured, multiple times, would be addressed. Now no one can tell us if they will be or not.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Can you list those problems in a post here? I will make sure Sebastian sees them, and I can let you know the status of those issues being addressed.

RE the developers coming on here to post updates: That's why I'm posting. They've all been very busy, so I took it on myself to pop my head in and say something. They didn't ask me to do it - I knew there was some frustration out there, and I wanted to address it as best I could.

Believe me, we are grateful for every single customer we have, and we never take any of you for granted. We realize that you could easily jump ship for a competitor. Even with iOOTP having a lock on iOS, we know that a competitor could move onto the iOS App Store if they saw there was discontent and thought they could steal customers from us. We have no doubt that our competition reads our forums.
The only "problems" I have are the lack of retina and iPhone 5 screen space.

I also know others have problems with the type being to small, though I am not sure how that would be fixed.

Finally, instead of that stupid "An error occurred, the active roster is full" message, why not have a screen where, if you wanted to promote somebody, there would be a screen to send somebody down.

Quote: