Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchobamba View Post
How about a photo of his History and awards? Just to liven up the discussion!
I bet he won MVP for 20 straight years and ended his career with 30,000 hits and 2000 HR with only 15 K's
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #22
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

KingsxX - go to the player's personal stats>batting>expanded statistics. Photo it and post. The sac and HBP are listed. Then I think we will have all the info we need to figure OBP.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

It's fake... I'm on my iPad and I zoomed in closely around the where each number was for each stat and you can see its a cut,copy, then paste job. There's a "little square" that doesn't blend perfectly with the background.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
It's fake... I'm on my iPad and I zoomed in closely around the where each number was for each stat and you can see its a cut,copy, then paste job. There's a "little square" that doesn't blend perfectly with the background.
Your detective work is lacking. It's not fake bro
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #25
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

He was due for regression
Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #26
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

KingX.....if ya would could ya show his ratings in edit screen...that you can only see in commissioner mode.
I apologize I'm away from computer and can't remember what exactly it's called.
Old age is a pain in the butt lol.

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #27
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

Oh, sorry forgot to ask this before. Again, old age is a pain lol.
Was he game generated or did you make him?

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Old 07-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #28
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I don't think it's the player - it's the era/modifiers. In the big year, his OPS+ was 169, meaning his OPS was 70% better than league average. That means that in that season, the league average OPS was around .938. So the screen grab may not be fake, but the league surely is.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #29
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
I don't think it's the player - it's the era/modifiers. In the big year, his OPS+ was 169, meaning his OPS was 70% better than league average. That means that in that season, the league average OPS was around .938. So the screen grab may not be fake, but the league surely is.
This guy gets it

Should I let the secret out now or what
Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #30
derekjeter92
Minors (Double A)

so do you enjoy when each team's ace pitcher has an ERA over 5?
derekjeter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #31
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingxX View Post
This guy gets it

Should I let the secret out now or what

oooh, let me guess!

The secret is you crave attention and couldn't think of any other way to get it?
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #32
relrel1809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Anybody have a greater season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
oooh, let me guess!

The secret is you crave attention and couldn't think of any other way to get it?
Lmfao!!
relrel1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #33
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Why are you guys so uptight? Take that stick out of your asses and lighten up. My god
Old 07-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #34
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

KingxX....I would assume, please forgive me if I'm wrong, you wanted to start an in depth conversation. Which I applaud....I sincerely do.
Yet, I think people were offended by your lack explaining how this guy attained such gaudy stats.

Personally, I could careless either way. It's your league...we all play our leagues our own ways. I encourage you to set any league up the way you please. I am just attempting to moderate the discussion.
You have to remember OOTP is a pretty tight knit collection, or family if you please.
Going forward....I would simply respectfully suggest being a little more forthcoming of the facts.
Anyone who agrees or disagrees please feel free to speak their mind.

Giovani della Casa

Last edited by Scottiedog; 07-29-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: I caught a typo I made.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #35
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
KingxX....I would assume, please forgive me if I'm wrong, you wanted to start an in depth conversation. Which I applaud....I sincerely do.
Yet, I think people were offended by your lack explaining how this guy attained such gaudy stats.

Personally, I could careless either way. It's your league...we all play our leagues our own ways. I encourage you to set any league up the way you please. I am just attempting to moderate the discussion.
You have to remember OOTP is a pretty tight knit collection, or family if you please.
Going forward....I would simply respectfully suggest being a little more forthcoming of the facts.
Anyone who agrees or disagrees please feel free to speak their mind.
Fair, but the idea of this was that I would put out a player with insane (unrealistic) stats. I didn't know so many people would be upset by it. I thought it was pretty funny, and an interesting thing that I did. What I did was I started an 8 team fictional league, auto draft, and changed every pitcher on each team to DH. So the pitching would be brutal and the hitters would excel, which is exactly what happened. I took the best player in the league and posted it on here. Unfortunately, when I got to the free agent stage all of the DH (pitchers) converted back to pitchers, so I had no desire to change them again, which would explain the "regression".

I'm sorry for anyone who was deeply offended by this post, I am no means an attention whore or craver, I love Iootp baseball just as much as the next guy. I have played hundreds of seasons and I look forward to talking about it (and the next update) with all of you.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #36
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

It's all good IMO. I obviously can't speak for anyone else....just myself though.
I will admit, I never tried or much less thought of what ya did. Interesting experiment to be frank lol.

I can honestly say, I've been around the OOTP forums for about a decade. As a whole this is a pretty cool place. People are helpful, friendly and I've made a few good friends.
Please, don't let one bad experience make ya think we're a bunch of crazies lol. If ya have any questions throw them out there. I'm sure you'll find a pretty helpful community man.

Giovani della Casa

Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #37
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingxX View Post
Fair, but the idea of this was that I would put out a player with insane (unrealistic) stats. I didn't know so many people would be upset by it. I thought it was pretty funny, and an interesting thing that I did. What I did was I started an 8 team fictional league, auto draft, and changed every pitcher on each team to DH. So the pitching would be brutal and the hitters would excel, which is exactly what happened. I took the best player in the league and posted it on here. Unfortunately, when I got to the free agent stage all of the DH (pitchers) converted back to pitchers, so I had no desire to change them again, which would explain the "regression".

I'm sorry for anyone who was deeply offended by this post, I am no means an attention whore or craver, I love Iootp baseball just as much as the next guy. I have played hundreds of seasons and I look forward to talking about it (and the next update) with all of you.
Your post certainly got people talking mate

Think some of the hysteria needed to be turned down a bit though

They're not a bad bunch ... they just couldn't belive what they were seeing.

The fact that you've explained what you did makes this a quite interesting topic : what changes can be made to completely changes the stats of baseball within iOOTP ...
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #38
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

What an entrance to the forum! Welcome, have fun.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #39
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

I can say I've spoke with KingxX some he's a nice guy. I'm sure he will fit in with the rest of us inmates lol.

Giovani della Casa

Old 07-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #40
relrel1809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Anybody have a greater season?

Lol ok that makes sense! Bravo king!
relrel1809 is offline   Reply With Quote