Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #101
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
OK update.
I have the walrus quickstart up to OOTP 16, which means it now could be used in 16 or 17. It is a real big file however (51 MB) and not sure what to do with it to make it available.

Challenge I found. I recall that CW mentioned his setup was not fully complete. I looked into it a bit. Perhaps only half the ballparks are there, and the ones that do have rather odd park factors. There are no managers or coaches.

As for the players, the system used also has created some odd ratings. Warren Spahn for example is a 1 star pitcher, Walter Johnson won't strike out many guys, Mark Mcgwire is a good home run hitter but lots are better, Matty Alou comes in a top 20 batter .353 average, Ozzie Smith is a 17 def while Phil Rizzuto is a 20, the negro players and 19 th century seem a bit under-rated...ect

I think it is a great start. 2000 players or something is there, but does need some tweeking. So in July I am going to tackle this a bit. I will replace ballparks and give each team a real life manager.

Then begin to go through the players, cross reference the neutralized stats he used (which sometimes match the ratings other times don't) and make some adjustments and see what will come from it. I might lessen the number of players available just to make it more manageable for me. Will put in a few hours here and there over July and see what I come up with...

It was a fantastic effort by CW...but I think I will take over the reigns and see what I can do to update. If you have some suggestions let me know. And a suggestion of what to do with the current updated 16 and 17 files I now have of CW's quickstart.

Cheers

Sounds awesome.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #102
sprague
All Star Starter

Update for everyone.
Have begun to work on this, but doing a slightly different start. To go through all the players would just be too much.
So I am concentrating on about 400 top players in history- and using a combination of Clay Davenport's translations (which i really like) and my own. The result will be players rated as if they could come into the game like a 2016 quickstart or similar 24-32 team modern fictional league.
I am through star players to 1899, so a few more weeks.

When it is done I will release it as a template here in a new thread.
Cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #103
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Update for everyone.
Have begun to work on this, but doing a slightly different start. To go through all the players would just be too much.
So I am concentrating on about 400 top players in history- and using a combination of Clay Davenport's translations (which i really like) and my own. The result will be players rated as if they could come into the game like a 2016 quickstart or similar 24-32 team modern fictional league.
I am through star players to 1899, so a few more weeks.

When it is done I will release it as a template here in a new thread.
Cheers
Did you ever have a chance to do any work with this after the past summer.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #104
boblight24
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Does anyone know where I can download this file for OOTP11? When I click on the link it's all spam sites. Thanks!
"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

"Good is not good enough, when better is expected." ~Vin Scully
boblight24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #105
mets
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can someone please help me /I would like to play the Captain Walrus all time mod and I have two problems ..where to get it as well as how to install it .I would likie the versions out there for ootp11 and ottp 17 if possible .Please help ..thank you .
I recently retired and in the past dabbled with the game .I now have the time to fully immerse myself into it and I love the thought of playing this league out
mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:31 AM   #106
KCBaseballVaultTroy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

has anyone been able to get this working?
KCBaseballVaultTroy is offline   Reply With Quote